Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > United We Stand
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
Boston Tea Party
Truth is truth

May I ask a personal question?

I was wondering what you do to prepare for your DH's return.

We are civilians but DH has been gone for a while (in civilian time ) on business. I want to make his homecoming special and knew that the DISers on this board would have some great ideas.

Thank you very much!
You never ever left my side ~ Make it like it was before
Even if it takes a life time, takes a life time ~

~Next Dole Whip… 7/13-7/18 USC Trojan Style! ~
Boston Tea Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 07:00 PM   #2
lovemygoofy
Man I shot myself in the foot
I got new moves and everything ready for some serious tips
No, in case you ever wondered, golf carts can't float
Loved by many!

Well I will give the G rated version

I always have his fav dinner ready with a homemade dessert. I always have a sign made and hanging off the balcony for him to see. I try to even have the house clean and good smelling sheets on the bed. Nothing like being away for a while and coming home to your own bed. Stockpile his beer or coffee or whatever he drinks. Are you going to pick him up at the airport? I always pick my Matt up with some flowers. Just a nice twist on an old fav. Trust me it'll be so nice for both of ya'll that it won't matter. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile...
lovemygoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 08:30 PM   #3
Boston Tea Party
Truth is truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemygoofy
Well I will give the G rated version

I always have his fav dinner ready with a homemade dessert. I always have a sign made and hanging off the balcony for him to see. I try to even have the house clean and good smelling sheets on the bed. Nothing like being away for a while and coming home to your own bed. Stockpile his beer or coffee or whatever he drinks. Are you going to pick him up at the airport? I always pick my Matt up with some flowers. Just a nice twist on an old fav. Trust me it'll be so nice for both of ya'll that it won't matter. Have a great Thanksgiving.
Thanks for replying. I was afraid I might insult those of you who are separated for a truly long time.

Yes, I am going to pick him up - on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, no less!! It will be the internation terminal, so perhaps it won't be too bad there. There is a great debate on whether or not the kids should go. I am trying to talk my mom into watching them for a while so we can reconnect somewhat. I realize the kids have missed him too, but...

I was going to make the sign as well. Working on some major fall cleaning as a big surprise. I was going to get both cars detailed as well. I've gotten some of his picks from Netflix on the way and purchased a couple of little somethings as a token. He wants to go out to our favorite Mexican restaurant and the next day is Thanksgiving so I haven't really thought much into home cooked meals, but I might look to that on Friday.

Thanks, again, for your help. I know it is nothing compared to what military wives do. Thank you and your DH both for your service to our country.
You never ever left my side ~ Make it like it was before
Even if it takes a life time, takes a life time ~

~Next Dole Whip… 7/13-7/18 USC Trojan Style! ~
Boston Tea Party is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: