Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2005, 03:33 PM   #16
kathymc
Dances in the kitchen
TR connosseur
Misses puppy breath

"It's a small world" on crack or something - too funny!

I got one of those "is that you tigger" tshirts years ago and it was so worn out I bought another one on my last trip. I get so many comments on it.

great reports - looking forward to your last day, thanks for sharing
May 5-12, 2007 POP + OKW Sept 27-Oct 5, 2008 Contemporary December 4-13, 2010 - BCV
March 14-17, 2013 SSPINGS December 7-15, 2013 - BCV Next Trip - Aulani December 10-12, 2014
Old 11-23-2005, 04:21 PM   #17
Piglet99645
DIS Veteran

Sorry for the delay in getting back to share Day 4 with you.... real life intervened.

Day 4 - November 11th - was spent entirely at Epcot. Once again, we intended to get counter service breakfast....... but didn't have any luck finding any! I would definitely plan breakfast better next time (have food in the room, most likely).

Anyway....... we decided to ditch our Whispering Canyon lunch ressies b/c we didn't want to waste the travel time, so I called before we left the room, and tried to get lunch reservations ANYWHERE at Epcot. They were totally booked everywhere all day, it seemed. I ended up - grudgingly - with a 2:30 ADR at the sit-down place in Mexico. (I wasn't in the mood for Mexican food).

Once we got to Epcot we headed straight for Soarin' fastpasses. Would you believe they were sold out at 10:15 a.m.?? (We got there a little late from being so exhausted from the previous 3 days). To make matters worse, one side of Soarin' was down, so they were only taking 1/2 as many people. The wait was 120 minutes. WE decided to come back later and see...

We still couldn't find breakfast.... and my husband decided to get in the "single rider" line at Mission:Space, which indicated a 5 minute wait. 20 minutes later with no sign of him (maybe longer!), I left my son with my SIL and headed over to Mexico to see if we could get in any earlier. We were all starved. Much to my surprise, they handed me a beeper and told me we could have the next table! By 12:00, everyone in my group had made their way to Mexico and we were seated in the dark restaurant. I have to say.... the food was REALLY good. I was surprised how quickly I got in the mood for Mexican after a few chips with salsa! We all tried a different appetizer and entre, and some were more popular than others, but it was all good.

(By the way, my hubby reported that Mission:Space was his favorite ride of the whole trip!)

There is a little boat ride that goes through the restaurant in the Mexico pavilion, and my son and hubby rode it while I was trying to pay the bill. (Go back to day 2 where the guy took 4 credits off one card.... this again caught up with me here, where our server took 2 credits off one card, and came back to report that the 2nd card was empty of table service credits. I had to explain to him that all 4 credits were on ONE card and he should go back and take the other 2 off of card #1. Again - don't let them screw up your credits like this. It's impossible to keep track of unless you have the presence of mind to bring along post-it notes or something.) The boat ride was a big hit with my 4yo, and he did it twice. I was able to take pictures of them in the boat from inside the restaurant. It's dark in there, tho, so turn off your auto-flash and just do the flash manually.

The sequence of events has faded in my memory now, but we did double-back and do Test-track, having gotten fastpasses on the way to Mexico. I thought it was fun. My 4yo was not impressed - too fast, he said.

Back to Soarin' - wait was still 120 minutes. Believe me, I was feeling REALLY bad about not going the night before when it was 30 minutes. Oh well, something to do next time! We did the other stuff in The Land . . . then headed out to do Spaceship Earth. We had some icecream snacks on the way... trying to use up those pesky snack credits. I actually really enjoyed Spaceship EArth, and we got STUCK at the top with the view of Earth for a few minutes........ it was nice.

This would be easier if I had my Epcot map in front of me, so I PROMISE to finish up my trip report over the long weekend.

piglet
November 8-11, 2005 - WDW with my husband and 5yo son and SIL - - All Star Music Resort ~ Trip Report
April 12-14, 2006 - DISNEYLAND again with the best friend - now 30-something moms
August 2006 - Hong Kong Disneyland
June 2011- Disneyland WITH HUBBY AND TWO KIDS (10 & 5), SIL and 2yo nephew - BWPPI ~ Trip Report.
October 21-26, 2012, WDW - All Star Movies, Food and Wine, and MNSSHP

Feb. 12-16, 2014. Disneyland (Desert Inn and Suites) Just me and the kids!! (now 13 and 8)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2005, 08:21 PM   #18
fabumouse
Maybe I should be less intimate with my ice cream scooper!
Has sneeze splat issues
I think maybe I would have *lied* about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet99645
Just a few more thoughts about Animal Kingdom before I move on to Day 2!

If you see an AK related souvinier that you really like, buy it. I expected AK stuff to be available at other parks, so I did not buy the terribly cute pooh and a Tiger shirt (or coffee cup) that I wanted, and I never got the chance to go back to AK and get them. .
Although I've learned it, I never remember that lesson! And it's over the same dang t-shirt!
1999 Poly~2004 OffSite~2005 BC~2006 Contemporary~2007 Swan~2008 Hilton~2009 Swan/Magic~2009 Cor. Springs~2009 Car.Beach/Magic~2010 DCL Europe~2010 DL~2011 DCL Alaska~2011 Poly~2012 MV Fantasy~ 2013 DCL Greece

Old 11-24-2005, 08:12 AM   #19
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

You can get it even when you get home - there's a number to contact (on Deb's site unless anyone has it to hand) and if you describe what it was and where you saw it they can send it to you. Mind you, I did not get exactly what I was looking for, but it was good enough

DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: