Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2005, 10:21 AM   #1
lookingforward
DIS Veteran

Mother/Daughter Getaway...pretrip report

Happy Thanksgiving. As I sit here waiting preparing for our big dinner I just had to write to tell you all about my upcoming weekend. My daughter is turning 7 and for the first time she and I are going to WDW ..just the two of us. We are leaving the xy's home...she has two teenage brothers and never gets to do "her" thing. So for her birthday I am planning a great three day trip!

We are staying at the SOG. I thought seriously about doing a value resort with the dining package but I feel so at home at the SOG and for $104 per night I can't pass it up.

We will be driving up from Palm Beach County after she finishes school. It is a 3 hour drive, so when we get there I am going to stop at Downtown Disney and we will have dinner at Earl of Sandwhich. We have never tried this restuarant and everyone raves about it. Then, check in to the hotel and visit the nearby Grand Floridian to see the decorations. (we stayed there for her 4th birthday...seems like yesterday!)

On Thursday we are going to go to Epcot so she can finally try Soarin, test track, and if I am feeling brave Mission Space. I love Epcot in the holiday season. I booked the Princess lunch at Norway. We will also go to MGM and see the shows that her brothers never want to see. She told me that she has thought it over and wants to try Tower of Terror. (finally tall enough!)
That night we have a "sleigh" ride booked at the Wildnerness Lodge and dinner at Whispering Canyon.

Friday we will be going to breakfast at Crystal Palace and spend the day at Magic Kingdom. Dinner will be at Liberty Tree Tavern. I am thinking about the Mickey Christmas Party, but am not sure if this will be too much.

Does this sound okay? Saturday will be whatever she wants, shopping at Downtown Disney, more rides, whatever. We even went shopping for new clothes (her sweaters are all too small) at sales, etc. so she has some cute new inexpensive things to wear.

Any suggestions? I am so excited about this trip. My husband and I try to spend one on one time with our kids and this will be a memorable time for my baby and I!

Last edited by lookingforward; 11-24-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:47 AM   #2
fabumouse
Maybe I should be less intimate with my ice cream scooper!
Has sneeze splat issues
I think maybe I would have *lied* about this

Happy Thanksgiving, and that sounds like so much fun! You two are going to have a great time. FYI - I don't know if you've been inside, but Earl of Sandwich is what it sounds like - it is a sandwich shop. I enjoyed what we had there and would go again, but wouldn't want rave reviews to make it sound overly special. I love Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern. Yum. And about the Mickey Christmas Party, I've never been, but I tell you, leaving the park on the days they had it, and NOT going, was painful. All those happy holiday revelers ready to celebrate the season. And the reviews have been mostly glowing. I wouldn't miss it, if I were you.

Have a super fabulous time and I look foward to hearing how it went!
1999 Poly~2004 OffSite~2005 BC~2006 Contemporary~2007 Swan~2008 Hilton~2009 Swan/Magic~2009 Cor. Springs~2009 Car.Beach/Magic~2010 DCL Europe~2010 DL~2011 DCL Alaska~2011 Poly~2012 MV Fantasy~ 2013 DCL Greece

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
lookingforward
DIS Veteran

I was wondering if the magic kingdom would be extra crowded on the day of the Christmas Party or if it might be slightly less crowded due to the fact that everyone will be spending the evening there??

As for Earl of Sandwich, its funny but I don't even like sandwiches that much. However, I have read so much about how economical and wonderful the sandwiches are there. My mom took my kids during the recent hurricane and she loved it. Thats saying a lot since she is originally from Europe and sandwiches are not her favorite thing (they never ate them when she grew up). I figure it will be a quick and easy meal for my daughter and I.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:55 PM   #4
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

sounds like a fantastic trip to be thinking of.......I have friends that have gone to the Earl ......and they rave all the time about it.......so MAYBE next time I will try it too........Anxious to see your reviews and trip reports........HAVE A great turkey day and great mom and daughter trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: