Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 01:49 PM   #946
scasta86
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblondebee View Post
If you wanted to be a character attendent(sorry my spelling is horrible), is there any extra interview or audtion that needs to be done?
Nope, you only need to attend another audition if you want to be a character performer.

On that topic though, does anyone know what sort of questions they ask you for the interview if you select character attendant as one of your roles?
Old 01-09-2007, 06:36 AM   #947
penguinande
Mouseketeer

Disney Background Check?

Hi all, I haven't visited the boards in months, but I have been looking into participating in the CP for fall advantage, and I have a question (a bunch of them actually, but just one for now). Does anyone know what the Disney background checks entail? I don't have a criminal history, or bad credit or anything, but I was terminated from my previous job for a relatively minor policy violation. I plan to be honest about it if asked, but I was just wondering if it will come up on the background check and if so, might they refuse to hire me because of it? Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Does anyone know of any legit background screening sites where I could find out what's in my employment history? I guess I'm being kinda paranoid, but it would suck to get accepted and get down to Florida and then get turned down. Thanks in advance for your help.

Back from my 1st trip, and planning my 2nd
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #948
DisneyGirl421
Future Broadway Star!
Singing is *my* anti-drug!
My nickname is Braids

Hey all... I don't know if this question has been asked/answered yet, but I really don't feel like searching through 60+ pages, lol...

Does Disney offer the CP during the summer? Because I know I'm already going to be going abroad for one semester and I would not be able to graduate on time if I did the CP for another semester. But I really want to be able to do the CP.

Thanks!
Go for your dreams, you can live it, Reach for the sky, there's no limit
~ Having the time of my life living the dream in WDW, swimming Under the Sea with Ariel and going back to the day Belle & Beast fell in love
MK Fantasyland Attractions <3
Old 01-09-2007, 10:32 AM   #949
wissa05182
Earning My Ears

I might be wrong, but I thought I saw on the CP website that they probably aren't having a summer program this year.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:32 AM   #950
wissa05182
Earning My Ears

Has anyone been down there during a hurricane? In a way, thinking about it is scary, but its also kinda exciting...
Old 01-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #951
sarbruis
Jainty Dake

I lived in South Florida for sixteen years (thirty minutes from the beach) and we were never adversely affected by a hurricane, even one that went directly over us (though I think it wasn't higher than a Category 1 or 2--Erin, maybe?). The thing with Orlando is it's inland, so the storm isn't full strength when it gets to Orlando. It's pretty cool, though; the winds are really fun. I think I went outside when the eye went over us once and it's pretty neat.

Note: I did miss the recent, bad hurricanes, but those were something that doesn't happen very often.

Cheat Sheet on Giraffes (good for slumber parties and barroom brawls):

• Giraffes invented plastic. No, not plastic--latex. My bad. Still, though, isn't that amazing?

• Frequently Asked Question: Why do we call giraffes "giraffes?" Answer: Because when they came to Earth they asked us to.

• Rarely Asked Question: How fast can giraffes run? The giraffes have tried to phase out running from their lives but if they had to, they could still run much faster than you. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that they can run 780 mph."

--"Giraffes? Giraffes!" by Dr. and Mr. Doris Haggis-On-Whey

Former CP: Everest, Safaris, DAK Custodial
Old 01-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #952
sarbruis
Jainty Dake

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinande View Post
Hi all, I haven't visited the boards in months, but I have been looking into participating in the CP for fall advantage, and I have a question (a bunch of them actually, but just one for now). Does anyone know what the Disney background checks entail? I don't have a criminal history, or bad credit or anything, but I was terminated from my previous job for a relatively minor policy violation. I plan to be honest about it if asked, but I was just wondering if it will come up on the background check and if so, might they refuse to hire me because of it? Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Does anyone know of any legit background screening sites where I could find out what's in my employment history? I guess I'm being kinda paranoid, but it would suck to get accepted and get down to Florida and then get turned down. Thanks in advance for your help.
I don't know what they entail, but you'll be fine. I don't think they check much more than criminal history. They don't even get phone numbers of employers from your application. I self-termed Spring 06 and they re-hired me for Spring Advantage 07, so if I made it I'm sure you'll make it.

• Giraffes invented plastic. No, not plastic--latex. My bad. Still, though, isn't that amazing?

• Frequently Asked Question: Why do we call giraffes "giraffes?" Answer: Because when they came to Earth they asked us to.

• Rarely Asked Question: How fast can giraffes run? The giraffes have tried to phase out running from their lives but if they had to, they could still run much faster than you. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that they can run 780 mph."

Old 01-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #953
sarbruis
Jainty Dake

Also, the possibility of Summer 07 is unknown at this moment. Nothing is stated yet, but it's not a non-possibility.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:35 AM   #954
penguinande
Mouseketeer

thanks sarbruis! Any other feedback would be much appreciated as well. And I have more questions now...

1. I really want my role to be hopper. Is there an actual place that you can select that on the application or do you just have to choose all the roles and hope they give it to you? I wouldn't mind doing quick service food or custodial part of the time, but I wouldn't want it to be my full-time role.
2. Does anyone use bikes or rollerblades or skateboards to get around? Are there places to run/walk/skate/bike for exercise?
3. For those of you who have taken one or more of the classes, how did you like them? In your opinion which class is best (as in most interesting and most beneficial)?

Thanks guys

Back from my 1st trip, and planning my 2nd
Old 01-10-2007, 09:50 PM   #955
sarbruis
Jainty Dake

The Disney area isn't really bicycle-friendly. A few of the resorts have places where you can rent bicycles (two-person, four-person, etc.), but that's about it. I recall reading somewhere that bicycles aren't allowed in the apartment complexes. There's really not much you can do with one. I suppose if you're at Chatham you could ride your bicycle to Publix for groceries or something. But it's not like you can just bike to work or anything. Everything is too far away and there aren't that many sidewalks. The only time I rode a bicycle was backstage at Animal Kingdom. They have these sweet, old-school, blue Schwinns (other parks used to have them, but due to misuse, they've all been taken away except the DAKcycles). But yeah, it's not worth bringing a bike. I don't know about rollerblading/skateboarding. I expect there'd be the possibility of the former in some places.

There are plenty of places to walk/run for exercise, especially around the Chatham/Commons area. If you like to walk, just walk around the parks. The World Showcase Lagoon has a circumference of about two miles. A few times around that and you've burned quite a few calories. There's a nice walking path that takes you from Epcot to The Studios. It's really easy to find places to walk, and it's much more fun than a treadmill or walking around where there aren't any people.

Regarding Roll Hoppers (this is from http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap...r/onstage.html):

Hopper
Cast Members in this role may experience more than one working environment. These Cast Members will rotate to different locations within the same line of business, or they may be able to experience more than one role at the
Walt Disney World Resort. Independence, flexibility and a willingness to work with different teams and leaders are important skills to have in this role.

Hopper Cast Members may be working in any one of the roles explained in this list and should have selected all of the following opportunities on the Role Checklist:

* Quick-Service Food and Beverage
* Merchandise
* Operations
* Custodial
* Recreation
* Transportation
* Full Service Food and Beverage.

Responsibilities may include: working in multiple locations across the Walt Disney World Resort, including all four theme parks, two water parks,
Downtown Disney® area, Disney's Wide World of Sports® complex and any of our resorts. Some areas may require heavy lifting, bending, standing for extended periods, and working outdoors.

So on your Roll Checklist, select that option as well as all the secondary options.

I can't answer the one about classes; I didn't take any.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:59 PM   #956
FSUDisneyGirl
Hey, my eye feels weird....AAAAAAAAAAUUG HGHGHGHH!!!

Help meee!

I'm checking in for the CP on Monday, and I still can't decide which (if any) classes to take! I'm a music education major, so they sort of slightly apply to me. I just graduated college so I don't need the credit, I'm just looking for classes that would be interesting/ informative/ fun.

If you've taken any classes on the CP, please let me know!

Thanks everyone!

WDW College Program ~ Spring '07!
Old 01-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #957
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

I've taken Hospitality Management and Experiential Learning. The 2nd one was interesting. I would recommend that one myself.
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Old 01-15-2007, 03:52 AM   #958
yoboybernie
Da' Disney Thang!

experiential learning

Hello there.. So you were sayen that the experiential learning class was a good one to take. i actually thought about doing that one. could you tell me more about this class. iknow its more of a "hands on" thoughout the parks type of class. More personal info from you on it would be great. ive been to the web site to see exactly what you would be doing in the class. but wanted a more personal view on the class! thanks
Old 01-16-2007, 12:15 AM   #959
QueenUrsula
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissa05182 View Post
Has anyone been down there during a hurricane? In a way, thinking about it is scary, but its also kinda exciting...
I was there from May to November of '04. I was there that whole summer when they had like 4 Hurricanes. I think the major one was Hurricane Charlie. It was kinda freaky being Im from the north and all but also kinda cool at the same time.

Poor Animal Kingdom was WRECKED after Charlie.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:02 PM   #960
scasta86
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that I just created a myspace group dedicated to the Fall 07 program. Feel free to join, it's at: http://groups.myspace.com/wdwcpfall07
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: