Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 10:06 AM   #871
Rustyflwr3
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing–that it was all started by a mouse"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaynexox
.. thats sad. I was really interested in the program, but if they segregate people due to marriage then I guess I won't be able to participate in it.
I know it would be tough, but you could always go off-site. You don't have to stay in their designated apartments. I believe that is possible. Don't let it discourage you from the program!

January 5th, 2007 - Our move to Orlando, FL

January 13th, 2007 - Our Magical DFTW
Old 11-25-2006, 11:17 AM   #872
Blaynexox
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyflwr3
I know it would be tough, but you could always go off-site. You don't have to stay in their designated apartments. I believe that is possible. Don't let it discourage you from the program!

Thanks! I should do more research on it because I wasn't even sure you could stay offsite. I really appreciate it though and I'll definitely look into it more. I really want to do the program and my boyfriend wants to try to get a job in security down there if I do. So, we'll see! Hopefully it works out!

Me and DFiance -
First Trip to Disney Feb. 13th - 23rd 2007!

Me and DFiance
2 Week Disneymoon Oct. 4 - 18th 2011!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #873
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSpooky
So another random question from me... If one does a fall cp when is the departure date? Is it in the beginning of jan? I was just wondering if I extend how when the fall dates seem to be.
Yup, beginning of Jan. Mine is January 5th.
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Old 11-25-2006, 05:10 PM   #874
teh fish
DIS Veteran

as long as you and your overnight visitor are from the same complex, they won't kick you out.

The problem is when you check in people not from your complex. They keep a list and will find out where they went if they don't see them leave. They don't do bed checks.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:05 AM   #875
MissSpooky
WDWCP '07 bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh fish
as long as you and your overnight visitor are from the same complex, they won't kick you out.

The problem is when you check in people not from your complex. They keep a list and will find out where they went if they don't see them leave. They don't do bed checks.
I know that I don't mind it! If it means it cuts down on huge blow outs and people that aren't supposed to be around. It is a bummer though if have friends that are in a diff complex. I suppose though there isn't going to be much down time...

Old 11-27-2006, 01:38 PM   #876
sandicinderelli
Main Street Junkie

Exclamation What is the process for requesting time off?

I already asked this question on "The Official Spring 2007 CP" thread, but I'm hoping to get some help on this one too.

How exactly do you go about requesting time off? Has anyone asked for time off on their CP before? I'm doing the Spring 2007 CP, but have a religious conference that I previously committed to. I need to be able to go for at least one day of the conference in February.

I'd figure I'll ask for Feb. 9th off, because then I would have been on the CP for 30 solid days by then. I think they really can't say no since it is for religious purposes.

Thanks.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:26 PM   #877
MizlurksaLot
Sing it with me: "Nobody likes me, everybody hates me! I guess I'll go eat worms!"
Someone do something interesting!
I see your true colors shining through

Hi all, I've been lurking on this board for a couple of weeks now. I'm in total shock , I just got an acceptance packet for Spring '07, and I was sure I completely bombed the interview Any way I have a few questions before I hear back from my faculty contact and officially accept.

1.) I know you can't leave at all but do they make exceptions for family emergencies, like allowing you to leave for a few days and then come back? I'm not expecting anything to happen, but I do have some elderly grandparents.

2.) This might be kind of a dumb question, but: How do you cash your paychecks? Can you do direct deposit?

3.) I was accepted for Housekeeping. My # 1 choice. But since applying I've seen a few people on this board say that housekeeping( hey wait isn't it supposerd to be "Mousekeeping" ?) is bad. What makes it bad, and/or is it only bad if cleaning isn't your thing?

Thanks
Julianna (or Jules)
FSFB Narcoossee's GF Feb - May

The Magical Tag Fairy Thread!
Can you get tagged too?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:05 PM   #878
Cassabella
CassThePirate on VMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizlurksaLot
I've seen a few people on this board say that housekeeping( hey wait isn't it supposerd to be "Mousekeeping" ?) is bad. What makes it bad, and/or is it only bad if cleaning isn't your thing?
I was originally accepted into housekeeping, but called and got switched into merchandise after talking to someone who had done it the year before. I'm sure if you like cleaning it won't be so bad, but she had problems with all the constant bending over to clean toilets and make beds and such, and I guess all the chemicals were really bad, and hurt her eyes and dried out her skin. You have to do a lot of rooms, and I wasn't looking forward to having to clean the gross messes some people leave behind, and the chemicals tend to give me headaches.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:08 PM   #879
Cassabella
CassThePirate on VMK

I have another question for people who have already gone about drinking. I'm under 21 and in no way would I risk doing anything that would get me thrown out. But what if my roommates sneak in alcohol? Would I get in trouble just for being there even if I didn't drink? Because I don't want to be a jerk and report them and make them hate me, but I also don't want to be seriously penalized for their mistakes.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:13 PM   #880
Joanna71985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassabella
I have another question for people who have already gone about drinking. I'm under 21 and in no way would I risk doing anything that would get me thrown out. But what if my roommates sneak in alcohol? Would I get in trouble just for being there even if I didn't drink? Because I don't want to be a jerk and report them and make them hate me, but I also don't want to be seriously penalized for their mistakes.
Yes, you can get in big trouble. Disney and the CP does not mess around with underage drinking. So if you have a roomate who is sneaking alcohol, I would ask them to get rid of it.
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Old 11-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #881
sarbruis
Jainty Dake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassabella
Well, if you turn them in, then they'll only be around to hate you for twenty-four hours, because they'll be terminated.

You do have a good question, though. Obviously the only way for someone to find out if there is alcohol in the room is if someone tells. But, of course, some people may have been told that there would be alcohol, and someone else might tell authorities about the alcohol--word spreads quickly.

If you know they're only going to be drinking on one night, and after that they'll destroy the evidence, then you could just leave for the night and if anything were to happen, then you were gone and wouldn't get in trouble. If they do this habitually, though, you will probably want to report it, because it's really not worth the chance of getting terminated.

Cheat Sheet on Giraffes (good for slumber parties and barroom brawls):

• Giraffes invented plastic. No, not plastic--latex. My bad. Still, though, isn't that amazing?

• Frequently Asked Question: Why do we call giraffes "giraffes?" Answer: Because when they came to Earth they asked us to.

• Rarely Asked Question: How fast can giraffes run? The giraffes have tried to phase out running from their lives but if they had to, they could still run much faster than you. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that they can run 780 mph."

--"Giraffes? Giraffes!" by Dr. and Mr. Doris Haggis-On-Whey

Former CP: Everest, Safaris, DAK Custodial

Last edited by sarbruis; 11-30-2006 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:20 PM   #882
sarbruis
Jainty Dake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizlurksaLot
Hi all, I've been lurking on this board for a couple of weeks now. I'm in total shock , I just got an acceptance packet for Spring '07, and I was sure I completely bombed the interview Any way I have a few questions before I hear back from my faculty contact and officially accept.

1.) I know you can't leave at all but do they make exceptions for family emergencies, like allowing you to leave for a few days and then come back? I'm not expecting anything to happen, but I do have some elderly grandparents.

2.) This might be kind of a dumb question, but: How do you cash your paychecks? Can you do direct deposit?

3.) I was accepted for Housekeeping. My # 1 choice. But since applying I've seen a few people on this board say that housekeeping( hey wait isn't it supposerd to be "Mousekeeping" ?) is bad. What makes it bad, and/or is it only bad if cleaning isn't your thing?

Thanks
Julianna (or Jules)
1) If something comes up, talk to your scheduler. If it's a family emergency, they'll do their best to be accomodating. Hopefully some of your co-workers would be able to take your shift.

2) Yeah, you can do direct deposit. I think that's definitely the easiest thing to do. You can set it up on the Cast Portal website during your first week of the program.

3) One thing about housekeeping is the lack of guest interaction. You interact with guests' rooms, not the guests. Also, the housekeeping employees are generally older folks (who may be of another nationality), which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but if you want to hang out with your college-aged mates during breaks at work, then you could be out of luck.

• Giraffes invented plastic. No, not plastic--latex. My bad. Still, though, isn't that amazing?

• Frequently Asked Question: Why do we call giraffes "giraffes?" Answer: Because when they came to Earth they asked us to.

• Rarely Asked Question: How fast can giraffes run? The giraffes have tried to phase out running from their lives but if they had to, they could still run much faster than you. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that they can run 780 mph."

Old 11-30-2006, 05:23 PM   #883
sarbruis
Jainty Dake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandicinderelli
I already asked this question on "The Official Spring 2007 CP" thread, but I'm hoping to get some help on this one too.

How exactly do you go about requesting time off? Has anyone asked for time off on their CP before? I'm doing the Spring 2007 CP, but have a religious conference that I previously committed to. I need to be able to go for at least one day of the conference in February.

I'd figure I'll ask for Feb. 9th off, because then I would have been on the CP for 30 solid days by then. I think they really can't say no since it is for religious purposes.

Thanks.
As soon as you get to work (or thereabouts), ask your trainer who your scheduler is and talk to your scheduler about having that time off. They do schedules about two weeks in advance, so as long as it's before then, you should be able to get the time off, provided it's not more than a few days or so.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:28 PM   #884
sarbruis
Jainty Dake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sidious
so basically what your saying is not to use my ID to get in on a "day im sick" or something? i don't think ill do that anyway. but just incase i do ill always have my annual pass handy
You can use the cast entrances, though. Just make sure your ID is never scanned (eg front entrance admission, using your ID for a cast discount). That's bad. When you use the cast entrance, the security guards will just look to see if your ID and photo ID match and then you're good to go.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:45 PM   #885
Joanna71985

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbruis
You can use the cast entrances, though. Just make sure your ID is never scanned (eg front entrance admission, using your ID for a cast discount). That's bad. When you use the cast entrance, the security guards will just look to see if your ID and photo ID match and then you're good to go.
I would not do that. If you are going to not go to work one day, don't go into the parks- period. If you get caught, you can get fired.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: