Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-01-2007, 07:52 PM   #1771
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland
 
Joanna71985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mickey's backyard (Orlando, FL)
Posts: 13,807

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
does each roommate get their own closet so theres 2 closets or just one and u share it??? i know u only get one dresser which kinda stinks and no desks either which is a bit odd lol. oh well!!!
1 closet per bedroom.
__________________
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline  
Old 11-01-2007, 07:58 PM   #1772
Sehsun
DIS Veteran
 
Sehsun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 966

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel sparrow View Post
If accepted I will be doing the Spring 2008. For traditions and training, how nice of clothing? like skirts and dress shoes?
Skirts and dress pants are fine. Button-down shirts and blouses are also good. For shoes, you'll want to have either closed-heel open-toe OR open-heel closed-toe. In other words, at least one end of the shoe must be closed.

For the ladies, you will want to wear pantyhose or knee highs with your pants/skirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
does each roommate get their own closet so theres 2 closets or just one and u share it??? i know u only get one dresser which kinda stinks and no desks either which is a bit odd lol. oh well!!!
I am not sure about the other bedrooms, but I know for the 1-bedrooms there is one walk-in closet that you and your roommate share - there are also 2 lockers inside the closet. There are 3 drawers on each side of the dresser, and me and my roommate split 3 each.

It is a bit strange that there are no desks, but I just use the kitchen counter for my desk (for my laptop). I think for the other bedroom sizes, they have dining room tables.
__________________
Iris
Theme park fanatic!

Last edited by Sehsun; 11-01-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Sehsun is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-01-2007, 08:10 PM   #1773
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7
 
TinkerbellLuvr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL-5 mins from the WDW Arch!
Posts: 5,249

thanks for the help so basically ill have enough room for the closet to hang things up but less space for dresser drawer type things: tshirts, shorts, etc. gotta know these things in advance for girls!!!
__________________
Me(Megan)
TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline  
Old 11-01-2007, 08:20 PM   #1774
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland
 
Joanna71985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mickey's backyard (Orlando, FL)
Posts: 13,807

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
thanks for the help so basically ill have enough room for the closet to hang things up but less space for dresser drawer type things: tshirts, shorts, etc. gotta know these things in advance for girls!!!
Exactly!
__________________
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline  
Old 11-01-2007, 09:07 PM   #1775
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7
 
TinkerbellLuvr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL-5 mins from the WDW Arch!
Posts: 5,249

does anyone know how much the laundry costs and if u hafta use quarters??
__________________
Me(Megan)
TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline  
Old 11-01-2007, 09:15 PM   #1776
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland
 
Joanna71985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mickey's backyard (Orlando, FL)
Posts: 13,807

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
does anyone know how much the laundry costs and if u hafta use quarters??
You use laundry cards. It is 5 bucks to get the card (along with $3 on it) and then it is $1 to wash and $1 to dry. At least at Chatham anyway.
__________________
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline  
Old 11-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #1777
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7
 
TinkerbellLuvr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL-5 mins from the WDW Arch!
Posts: 5,249

so then you just put money on it whenever u need it?? at least u dont have to worry about quarters!!! in school by my senior year we paid 25 bucks a semester and u had unlimited laundry it was wonderful!!

one last question for tonight lol. when you get there to check in...i know who i want to live with already we need to stand together in line right?? do we have to tell disney ahead of time that we want to live together or do we tell them that day??


thanks joanna!!
__________________
Me(Megan)
TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline  
Old 11-01-2007, 09:50 PM   #1778
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland
 
Joanna71985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mickey's backyard (Orlando, FL)
Posts: 13,807

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
so then you just put money on it whenever u need it?? at least u dont have to worry about quarters!!! in school by my senior year we paid 25 bucks a semester and u had unlimited laundry it was wonderful!!

one last question for tonight lol. when you get there to check in...i know who i want to live with already we need to stand together in line right?? do we have to tell disney ahead of time that we want to live together or do we tell them that day??


thanks joanna!!
Yes. You just keep adding money to the card whenever you need it.

And I believe that is how the roomie selection thing works. I actually never used it, but it sounds right. I am pretty sure Iris (Sehsun) used it, hopefully she can come and set me straight.
__________________
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline  
Old 11-01-2007, 11:32 PM   #1779
snowflake814
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ABE, PA
Posts: 38

Arrow

Im so nervous. it's friday, and my schools presentation isn't until this monday, so who knows when my interview will even be. On here and facebook ppl r being accepted left and right. since our presentation is so late, it's not gunna affect my chances of being accepted. im so scared ill b 1 of the few that wont get accepted lol.
snowflake814 is offline  
Old 11-02-2007, 01:49 AM   #1780
ariel sparrow
Waiting to Audition
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 25

Disney is everywhere!

I don't know if any of you guys are like me, but I sort of have Disney-radar when I am out in public and can always pick up on when people are talking about something of a Disney nature. Anyhoo, I went to watch a friend's play tonight and I happened to be sitting behind this lady who's son is going to be the new voice for the Haunted Mansion attraction. How cool is that? haha
ariel sparrow is offline  
Old 11-02-2007, 07:08 AM   #1781
Sehsun
DIS Veteran
 
Sehsun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna71985 View Post
And I believe that is how the roomie selection thing works. I actually never used it, but it sounds right. I am pretty sure Iris (Sehsun) used it, hopefully she can come and set me straight.
Joanna's right, I did participate in the roommate notification system. This system allows you to know who your roommate is before your arrival. You can either have them choose a roommate for you (by taking a short survey), or if you know the other person's applicant number and name, you can enter that in when applying for the system. There is a section on wdwcollegeprogram.com that explains it pretty well. This system will choose the roommate that you will be sharing a ROOM with, not necessarily a whole apartment (unless you live in a 1-BR).
__________________
Iris
Theme park fanatic!
Sehsun is offline  
Old 11-02-2007, 07:45 AM   #1782
Katy0708
Wannabe Princess
 
Katy0708's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Brook, IN
Posts: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake814 View Post
Im so nervous. it's friday, and my schools presentation isn't until this monday, so who knows when my interview will even be. On here and facebook ppl r being accepted left and right. since our presentation is so late, it's not gunna affect my chances of being accepted. im so scared ill b 1 of the few that wont get accepted lol.
you will do great! you get to choose when your interview is. And most likely you be able to do it the next day. i'm pretty sure you will be accepted. if you are willing to do this program and are excited about it (which you are! ) i think you will be accepted.
Good luck!!
Katy0708 is offline  
Old 11-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #1783
shufingle
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 14

Am I just Freaking Out?

It's Friday Nov 2nd! My interview was Monday Oct 22nd! I am doing the weird thing where one minute you think that they have to accept you, and the other minute I'm freaking out about what if they don't select me! My interview was perfect, I got my forms faxed like one hour after my interview! Also, I don't know if anyone else ever got this, but the guy that takes care of the CP's time off emailed me the day after my interview and informed me that the the weekend I asked off in the interview was accepted, and if I needed anymore time off just to let him know! So, ya!
I know that my two weeks from the interview is this coming Monday, but I'm really hoping for one that I get accepted, and two that the letter comes Sat so I dont have to wait all day sunday! Someone please help me out. I'm going crazy!!!!!!!! I want this so bad! Any who! I would like to talk to some folk that are going to go on the 2008 Spring Advantage! Don't be shy! E-Mail me at travis_barber@sci.edu!
shufingle is offline  
Old 11-02-2007, 02:18 PM   #1784
snowflake814
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ABE, PA
Posts: 38

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shufingle View Post
It's Friday Nov 2nd! My interview was Monday Oct 22nd! I am doing the weird thing where one minute you think that they have to accept you, and the other minute I'm freaking out about what if they don't select me! My interview was perfect, I got my forms faxed like one hour after my interview! Also, I don't know if anyone else ever got this, but the guy that takes care of the CP's time off emailed me the day after my interview and informed me that the the weekend I asked off in the interview was accepted, and if I needed anymore time off just to let him know! So, ya!
I know that my two weeks from the interview is this coming Monday, but I'm really hoping for one that I get accepted, and two that the letter comes Sat so I dont have to wait all day sunday! Someone please help me out. I'm going crazy!!!!!!!! I want this so bad! Any who! I would like to talk to some folk that are going to go on the 2008 Spring Advantage! Don't be shy! E-Mail me at travis_barber@sci.edu!

ur going crazy! My presentation isn't even until monday. so who knwos when my interview will be. IM GOING CRAZY!!! HAHA. im so nervous. i only go to a community college so i've never went through the college applying process really so im really nurvous. I have no clue what to expect at the presentation, and the interview. If i dont make it my life will be crushed! Im not lying haha. im depending on this. AHHH!!!!
snowflake814 is offline  
Old 11-02-2007, 02:55 PM   #1785
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland
 
Joanna71985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mickey's backyard (Orlando, FL)
Posts: 13,807

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake814 View Post
Im so nervous. it's friday, and my schools presentation isn't until this monday, so who knows when my interview will even be. On here and facebook ppl r being accepted left and right. since our presentation is so late, it's not gunna affect my chances of being accepted. im so scared ill b 1 of the few that wont get accepted lol.
Don't worry. My first CP the presentation was pretty late, and I was accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shufingle View Post
It's Friday Nov 2nd! My interview was Monday Oct 22nd! I am doing the weird thing where one minute you think that they have to accept you, and the other minute I'm freaking out about what if they don't select me! My interview was perfect, I got my forms faxed like one hour after my interview! Also, I don't know if anyone else ever got this, but the guy that takes care of the CP's time off emailed me the day after my interview and informed me that the the weekend I asked off in the interview was accepted, and if I needed anymore time off just to let him know! So, ya!
I know that my two weeks from the interview is this coming Monday, but I'm really hoping for one that I get accepted, and two that the letter comes Sat so I dont have to wait all day sunday! Someone please help me out. I'm going crazy!!!!!!!! I want this so bad! Any who! I would like to talk to some folk that are going to go on the 2008 Spring Advantage! Don't be shy! E-Mail me at travis_barber@sci.edu!
Good luck to the both of you.
__________________
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can you do the college program if you are married? DannyDisneyFreak The College Board 6 10-11-2005 04:23 PM
? About College Program lpizzuro123 The College Board 7 10-02-2005 11:47 AM
Disney College Program themelbob1190 The College Board 3 07-30-2005 02:22 PM
College Imagineering Program imagineerhopefull The College Board 1 05-22-2005 11:15 PM
Disneyland college program? chibichibirei The College Board 4 05-21-2005 09:30 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: