Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #151
tink_sparkles84
Spring Advantage 2006 CP

got this from the official cp site:
* I-95
Exit I-95 to I-4 junction heading west to Orlando. Exit I-4 at Exit 68. At the bottom of the ramp turn left onto 535. Proceed to the second light and turn right onto Meadow Creek Drive. The Vista Way Apartments will be the first complex on your right.

* I-75
I-75 heading south toward Ocala, FL. Exit on Florida Turnpike south to Orlando I-4. Exit I-4/Orlando. Go west on I-4 to Exit 68. At the bottom of the ramp turn left onto 535. Proceed to the second light and turn right onto Meadow Creek Drive. The Vista Way Apartments will be the first complex on your right.

* I-10
Exit I-10 at I-75 junction heading south toward Ocala. Exit on Florida Turnpike south to Orlando I-4. Exit I-4/Orlando. Go west on I-4 to Exit 68. At the bottom of the ramp turn left onto 535. Proceed to the second light and turn right onto Meadow Creek Drive. The Vista Way Apartments will be the first complex on your right.

* Florida Turnpike
Exit I-4 west to Exit 68. At the bottom of the ramp turn left onto 535. Proceed to the second light and turn right onto Meadow Creek Drive. The Vista Way Apartments will be the first complex on your right.

* I-4 from Tampa
Head east towards Orlando to Exit 68. Turn right at the bottom of the ramp onto 535. Proceed to the next light and turn right onto Meadow Creek Drive. The Vista Way Apartments will be the first complex on your right.

* I-4 from Daytona
Heading west to Orlando. Exit I-4 at Exit 68. At the bottom of the ramp turn left onto 535. Proceed to the second light and turn right onto Meadow Creek Drive. The Vista Way Apartments will be the first complex on your right.

DD of Eeyoreluver

2000 - All Star Music, 2003- All Star Movies, 2003- Pop Century , 2004- Off Site Villa, 2004- All Star Movies- Night of Joy *Girl's Only Trip/Birthday Trip*, 2006 - WDW College Program .. Chatham Square Jan. 25- Aug 11th, 2008 - Pop Century - First trip w/ Foreign Exchange Student Sister, 2008- Carribean Beach - Night of Joy *Girl's Only/Birthday Trip*, 2009 - Last Minute Birthday Trip with Family, 2009 - POP, Annual Family Christmas Trip, 2010 - POP, 1st solo trip, 2010 - POP, Annual Family Christmas trip, 2011 - All Star Sports, DCP Rep Team Trip, 2011 - Port Orleans & POP, Mom & me, 2012 - POP, Annual Family Christmas trip, 2013 - DL with best friend, 2014 - Art of Animation, Mom and Me

Old 01-05-2006, 11:00 PM   #152
LadyDulcinea1
DIS Veteran

So when applying do you have to specify if you're applying for Fall or Fall Advantage?

Dec.89- Disney Inn Aug.94- AS Sports Aug.95- AS Music Aug.01- AS Movies Aug.02- Swan Aug.05- Pop Century July.06- Pop Century Dec.07- Pop Century Aug.08-Dolphin/Wonder June.09-Port Orleans- French Quarter Aug.11-Coronado Springs July.12-Honeymoon- Disney Fantasy April.14- Pop Century
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2006, 08:17 AM   #153
IamCourtney
Mouseketeer

Yes, you have to tell them if you want a regular program or an advantage program.

Vista is not far from Disney, but the buses will not take you there. You can call a cab or find someone to take you.

From Downtown Disney: leave property going toward 535/Apopka Vineland (Crossroads shopping center), turn right and go under I4. After I4 go to the second light and turn right and Vista is on the right. You can't go in, but you can drive by and see where it is.

To go to Chatham or The Commons: do the same thing from Downtown, but turn left at the FIRST light after I4. When you come to the sign that says Little Lake Bryan, turn right...do not go past the Mary Shrine or the Outlets. You will see signs, but Chatham is at the end of this street, and The Commons are on the right.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:15 AM   #154
Uuaww
Guilty of 74 counts of pumpkin pilfering!
Bugs are partial to my ears

wait, so they have a ton of workers, many without cars in disney run apartments, all working for disney and they don't even offer public transportation to disney?
Old 01-06-2006, 06:53 PM   #155
Princesslizmac
Earning My Ears

What have people done about getting thier license while down at disney?? I turn 21 during my CP and I leave before the 30 days that I could get it. I just want to know how others have delt with this or any suggestions
Old 01-07-2006, 07:39 PM   #156
KC-ICP06
Earning My Ears

They provide busses to and from work, to and from the parks (I think), and to and from a Walmart (or similar)...

They dont provide busses to and from hotels.

KC

Operations CM - ICP, May 2006
Old 01-08-2006, 12:01 AM   #157
IamCourtney
Mouseketeer

They provide transportation to and from work locations for their Cast Members, but until you check in and sign all your documents, you are not a Cast Member. They are not responsible for getting you there, especially since everything you received says that you have to get to Vista on your own. You should be well aware that you cannot use company transportation to get there.

The buses go everywhere on property, because CPs work everywhere on property. It runs to Walmart and one day a week to the mall, but that's pretty much it. You can use it go from one complex to the other, and it will take you to the parks as long as the buses aren't too full for the people actually going to work. There are times that you can't use the buses for recreation...but the company is doing a lot providing transportation at all. When you get here and see the American Coach presence in the LBV area, you will understand how much these buses really do.

No other cast members have transportation provided to them.

If you need to make arrangements, its not hard to call a cab.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:09 AM   #158
IamCourtney
Mouseketeer

Also, about the lisences:

I turned 21 half way through my program, and I knew I was staying longer than my original program. I got a Florida lisence, because I wanted a horizontal one (Texas has vertical lisences for anyone under 21). You can get a part time resident lisence that is only valid in the state of Florida, or you can declare residency and get a real one. I declared residency, because I had and still have plans to travel outside the state a couple times. I was upset to no longer be a Texas resident, but its okay...once you declare residency you only have to wait a year and a day to get in state tuition. Now, if I stay and transfer, I have that many more months under my belt.

It worked out for me, but I don't know if everyone should do it.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:20 PM   #159
WDWFan4Life
A Proud Member of the Element!

I been reading this message board for a while but just joined today. I am currently a college freshman and am hoping to apply for the CP during fall semester of my sophmore year. I really want to get into the Spring Advantage program for 2007. I had a few questions that I hope alumni of the program can answer. The thing that makes me the most uncomfortable is the interview to get into the program, I always freak out before an interview and am always worried about saying the wrong thing or what the person will think about me. So I was wondering for all of you that have gone through it how do you think it went were the interviewers easy to talk to and make you feel comfortable. I'm also wondering how everyone feels about the pay, in my current job I make about 2 more dollars than what the CP pays. I'm not that concerned about it though because my dream is to work for Disney one day and I know this is a great way to get started. Another thing is how much money should be brought down to Florida when you begin the program. I don't have any cash because I have a debit card and my paychecks are directly deposited in to that account. So if I do get accepted should withdraw some cash or is the debit card good enough to bring, and also does the company offer direct deposit because I would prefer my money go into my account. Anyone who reads this thanks for reading all this it is a little long. I do have more questions but I dont want to bore everyone so I will save them for later.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:31 PM   #160
teh fish
DIS Veteran

The interview is nothing. Just why you want to work for Disney and what you think you can do for the Company. It's very simple, very low pressure. Don't worry about messing up, just focus on how much you'd like to work there.

They pay you enough to get by. You're guaranteed 30 hours a week so you can at least cover rent. It all depends on how many souveniers you buy or how often you go out. I usually brought in my lunch and saved a bit. They do have direct deposit that you can sign up for when you're down there.

Your first paycheck will not even cover rent as it's only the pay you earned during training. Your second paycheck covers two weeks rent, plus a little bit of spending money. You realistically need enough money for three weeks, then you'll get some money. There are always opportunities for overtime, either at your work location or by dialing the extra hours hotline and picking up shifts at other places.

If you want anymore info, don't hesitate to contact me.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:04 PM   #161
lvc
Earning My Ears

Hi, I'm interested in the CP and I just have some questions that hopefully haven't been answered:

1) Would I be able to do it after my final quarter--I'm currently studying abroad this year and will go back to my home campus for fall and then I'll be done (yay!)--but would they let me do the Spring or Spring Advantage program even though I technically won't be in school anymore?

2) If they let me do it, would I have to pay tuition to my home school to keep an "enrolled" status? (I'm interested in taking classes, but obviously won't need the credit)

3) What are the chances of getting accepted?

4) Does anyone know anything about Advanced Internships, I looked at the website, but it doesn't give much detail, and I checked the careers page like it said to, but nothing came up. Do they have legal internships? Do you have to have done the CP for them?

5) Does anyone know about working for Disney Cruise Line? I looked at the website, but they didn't mention pay besides the fact that all accomodation, meals, and uniforms are provided, is it hard to get a job with them?

Thanks for the help! Just trying to fill in the gap between graduation and law school and keeping my options open (trying to avoid an office job because I'll get enough of that after 3 years of hell, but I do need to make money...)
Old 01-17-2006, 06:41 AM   #162
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvc
Hi, I'm interested in the CP and I just have some questions that hopefully haven't been answered:

1) Would I be able to do it after my final quarter--I'm currently studying abroad this year and will go back to my home campus for fall and then I'll be done (yay!)--but would they let me do the Spring or Spring Advantage program even though I technically won't be in school anymore?

2) If they let me do it, would I have to pay tuition to my home school to keep an "enrolled" status? (I'm interested in taking classes, but obviously won't need the credit)

3) What are the chances of getting accepted?

4) Does anyone know anything about Advanced Internships, I looked at the website, but it doesn't give much detail, and I checked the careers page like it said to, but nothing came up. Do they have legal internships? Do you have to have done the CP for them?

5) Does anyone know about working for Disney Cruise Line? I looked at the website, but they didn't mention pay besides the fact that all accomodation, meals, and uniforms are provided, is it hard to get a job with them?

Thanks for the help! Just trying to fill in the gap between graduation and law school and keeping my options open (trying to avoid an office job because I'll get enough of that after 3 years of hell, but I do need to make money...)
Hey there. Let's see if I can answer your questions.

1. I believe you are able to do the CP the semester after you graduate.

2. I don't believe you do. I knew people who took classes and weren't getting credits.

3. Pretty good. Just be natural and be yourself during the interview, and you should do fine.

4. You have to do the CP before you can do an AI.

5. I know you have to be at least 21 for the DCL, but other then that I don't know much about them. Pay would depend on what you want to do on the DCL.

Good luck.
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Old 01-17-2006, 05:17 PM   #163
lvc
Earning My Ears

thanks for the info joanna
one more question
if have 2 "non-traditional" piercings in my ears, and i'm fine with not wearing them at work or in class, but would they make me take them out if i'm in vista or in the park and not in costume?
Old 01-17-2006, 05:30 PM   #164
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvc
thanks for the info joanna
one more question
if have 2 "non-traditional" piercings in my ears, and i'm fine with not wearing them at work or in class, but would they make me take them out if i'm in vista or in the park and not in costume?
Oh no! You can wear whatever you want when you are not in costume or in class.
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Old 01-22-2006, 10:57 AM   #165
straightj23
DIS Veteran

Question Very confused....

Hello. My name is Jason. I am a high school student going to college to become a Music Education major and am considering the Disney College. I have been to the site and read almost everything. I know one thing: if I go into this program, I would be interested in being a character performer for the parks and resorts. I say this because I am presently getting experience being my high school's mascot, "Rambo." (lol)

Now to the point. When I read the tour, it was very confusing. I am puzzled about the role selection and the "major" selection. Are the roles "majors" themselves or do you pick a role for work purposes and go into any educational area you want? Are there educational areas related to what I want to do in college?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: