Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2005, 07:07 PM   #16
Ron from Michigan
Our first Grandchild !!!

Thank you for the wonderful trip reports. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time at WDW. Keep the reports coming.

Old 11-05-2005, 01:54 PM   #17
Del
DIS Veteran

Thanks for writing ....i'm enjoying reading your reports. Del

1993--PO
2000--Poly
2003--Off-site @ Summerfield Suites
2004--CR
2004--Sheraton Vistana Resort-Lakes
2005--Sheraton Vistana Resort-Fountains
2008--Thanksgiving Holiday at Sheraton Vistana
Resort-Fountains II
2013--Spring Break at Sheraton Vistana Resort-Spas
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2005, 04:30 PM   #18
joanchris
Mouseketeer

Pictures!

Here are some pics of our first few days: (I hope this works!)

This is Wishgirl and Toothless when we first went out on the balcony of our room:

Goofy at Chef Mickey's playing with Toothless' hair

fireworks from our balcony

Downtown Disney, DH took picture so I get to be in one!

More pics will come after I get more days written!
2008 May--Flower and Garden Festival, (offsite)
2005 Oct--Food and Wine Festival, Contemporary
1992 Carribean Beach Resort
1972 or 1973(?) Contemporary

Wishgirl's WISHtrip report

Last edited by joanchris; 06-24-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: missing pic
Old 11-05-2005, 05:41 PM   #19
LightBurnsBlue
Mouseketeer

You have two beautiful girls! The one of toothless and goofy is great! And I love the interaction between Lilo and Wishgirl! Also, it was very nice to see that you got to ride some of the rides twice in a row--you deserve it!
Old 11-05-2005, 06:29 PM   #20
joanchris
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightBurnsBlue
You have two beautiful girls! The one of toothless and goofy is great! And I love the interaction between Lilo and Wishgirl! Also, it was very nice to see that you got to ride some of the rides twice in a row--you deserve it!

Thanks! Glad I finally figured out how to post pictures!

Old 11-05-2005, 06:45 PM   #21
Cinerama
Mouseketeer

Yay, photos! The girls are really cute and look so happy. Hope you post more!
Old 11-06-2005, 04:24 AM   #22
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

What fantastic pictures! And what a view from your room - I especially loved the fireworks pic (you are so clever - mine always come out black!!) and of course the ones of your girls.

We didn't get to see any fireworks because DS(5) couldn't keep awake late enough, or we wore ourselves out starting early . Next time we will go for a room we can see fireworks from!
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
Old 11-06-2005, 08:00 AM   #23
joanchris
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaUK
What fantastic pictures! And what a view from your room - I especially loved the fireworks pic (you are so clever - mine always come out black!!) and of course the ones of your girls.

We didn't get to see any fireworks because DS(5) couldn't keep awake late enough, or we wore ourselves out starting early . Next time we will go for a room we can see fireworks from!

One of the reasons we got the room we did was for Wishgirl---she cannot stay up very late and we wanted to be sure she's get to see some fireworks!

As for the pictures, I'm sure mine would have come out black with my old camera, but I got a new one over the summer and it has a setting specifically for fireworks! I was so excited to try it out, and it worked!

Thanks for the comments

Old 11-06-2005, 08:50 AM   #24
MazdaUK

I've just looked at my camera and that has a setting for fireworks - I should have taken it with me to the display on Friday and tried it out! D'oh!

Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
Old 11-06-2005, 05:53 PM   #25
joanchris
Mouseketeer

Day 4, Finally hearing the wake up call, Breakfast with Princesses

Day 4, Finally hearing the wake up call, Breakfast with Princesses

The Plan: Up EARLY to get ready for Cinderella’s Castle Breakfast ADRs at 815 am, but FIRST we MUST have Toothless finally hear the wake up call. After that, MK all day, meeting up with the rest of the crew after breakfast, back to the room for some rest time and swimming, before Fultons Crab House for dinner at DTDisney, this is the last day with my parents and Birdlover, they leave in the morning.

What Happened:
The night before I set my cell phone alarm for 5 minutes before the wake up call was scheduled. This way there will be time to wake up Toothless and be sure she’s all the way awake before the wake up call.

It worked! My cell phone rang, I woke up Toothless, assured her she had time for the potty and she was fully awake by the time the phone rang! She was sooooo happy! We did it! A good start to our morning!

We hurry up to get ready so as not to be late for our ADR. Actually, we are ready so early that we arrive at the Magic Kingdom before 8 am, and have to wait to enter at 8 with the rest of the people with early ADRs. This is the first time we’ve actually been IN the MK this trip, and the first time my girls have ever been. Even though we’ve been viewing the castle from our room I’m very excited to see my girls see the castle and the MK up close. I rush ahead of them as we finally enter so I can get a shot of them when they see the Castle for the first time.

Of course Wishgirl is not looking at the castle, she’s looking at me! And, she’s not too happy, since it’s morning and all. Also note the earphones, she’s listening to her music to keep her from screaming. I think I got so caught up in the hype of breakfast at Cindy’s being hard to get that I HAD to get it. Wishgirl would have enjoyed lunchtime better, though that wouldn’t have fit as well in the plans, since the rest of the crew does not do character meals, and I wanted to be in the park before opening to have the girls see it without the crowds.

So, we’re off to the castle now. Get right in to get seated. We’re seated off to the left side, since the middle has steps down to it. Everyone else who’s seated right away gets to be down in the middle. That’s where the princesses start out, all of them. So we’re almost done with our food by the time we see a princess close up. By this time Wishgirl has had enough! She’s mighty unhappy, even with her music on. This is unusual. The music always (almost) works. I switch places with DH, let him take pictures from his vantage point. I give up on trying to use the camcorder at all, I can take pics and use the camcorder, he cannot multitask like that! I try to calm down Wishgirl, and so does Snow White,

and Mary Poppins.

Both of them do an admirable job trying, and DH got a decent picture or two of her, but then she just lost it.

I decide I must take her out of there, since I know that 90 days prior to that morning I was on the phone dying to get an ADR, and so was everyone else in the room, and I would not appreciate it if someone elses kid was screaming and they chose to let them stay. Unfortunately, Cinderella has finally made her way over and is blocking our only way out of there. I wanted to tell the other people there that if they would just get out of our way I would get my screaming child out of there! Finally, Cinderella moves over to the table next to us, and the folks move out of the middle of the aisle and we manage an escape. As soon as we were out of there Wishgirl calmed down! About fifteen minutes later Toothless and DH were out and meeting us over at Dumbo.

We ride Dumbo, and then my cell phone rings. I figure it’s Popa, telling us they’re here and want to meet us, so I answer and just say, “hi”. What I get on the other end is the school Nurse asking if Toothless is home sick today! OOPS! I guess I forgot to send a note in to the office at her school. Her teacher knew. And Wishgirl’s whole school practically knew where we were, so no note needed there. So I kindly inform the nurse, a really nice lady, that no, thankfully, she’s not sick and that we just finished breakfast with the princesses at MK. She’s pleased that we’re having fun; we chat for a few minutes and we’re done.

We head over to the Pooh ride, where we get right on in 2 vehicles, one for the wheelchair and DH, the other for Toothless and myself. This is one of those rides where they let us go on twice in a row. Fun enough, the girls will be too old to enjoy this ride by the time we get back here someday, so I’m glad we did it this time.

Now my phone rings again and it’s the rest of our crew. It’s also time to wait for Ariel’s grotto to open. Toothless is a HUGE Ariel fan, so this is a must see. The line is not very long, good thing. Mimi and Birdlover are with me and the girls, Popa and DH are off somewhere else. It’s finally 10 am and the line does not move. I guess I should be thankful that Ariel spent some time with each person, but the line took forever. We found the guys and sent them to get a viewing spot for Cinderellabration, since Birdlover really wanted to see it. The line for Ariel took so long that I sent Mimi and Birdlover off to see Cinderellabration without me and the girls (Wishgirl was asleep in her chair now), since we could see it later in the week. Good thing I did, too. Got some great pics of Toothless with Ariel, she truly worships Ariel! Ariel commented about the “sleeping princess” I had with me, very sweet of her.

Wishgirl woke up a bit after that, as Toothless and I were wandering in Toontown. Got some pics with Suzy and Perla, more Princess pics, and Minnie Mouse, who we missed at Chef Mickey’s.

From there we took the Train over to Adventureland to meet up with the rest of the crew after Cinederellabration. DH was oh-so-thrilled to have seen Cinderellabration, especially knowing that now he’ll have to see it again, since the girls and I didn’t get to see it this time!

We did Pirates of the Carribean and Jungle Cruise. Wishgirl enjoyed both, but I think she was the only one, besides Birdlover, who enjoyed Jungle Cruise. Our “captain” spoke so quietly that we could barely hear her. Birdlover was upset that she couldn’t get any pictures of animals on the Safari at AK, and was happy enough to get pics of the ‘animals’ on the Jungle Cruise. After that some of us went on Splash Mountain with fast passes I had gotten when we got off the train earlier. Then, it was getting late. We decided on some lunch at Casey’s and then to go back to swim before Downtown Disney later. We all enjoyed our lunch, except Toothless who will not eat hot dogs. We let her starve. Actually, I told her she could eat a hot dog or eat something from the food n fun center at the hotel. She chose to wait. Lucky for me. Now, she was hungry and cranky and wanted to swim. But I would make her eat!

So, we walk back to the Contemporary, can’t beat the convenience of it! Get Toothless some bread and jelly in the Food n Fun center. Add that to some peanut butter packets in the room and Viola! A PB&J sandwich! Now we’re ready to swim.

We let Wishgirl lay down to rest while the rest of us get ready. We’re all ready, except for one problem. Wishgirl is fast asleep. I look at DH and tell him that he and Toothless should go swim, I’ll stay with Wishgirl. If she wakes up soon, we’ll come on down. So, I cover Wishgirl, she’s in her bathing suit and it’s cold in the room with the AC cranked up. Then I lay down……………..The next thing I know, I hear DH and Toothless tiptoe in and start whispering. Wow! I fell asleep. Guess I needed it!

We get ready, Wishgirl is finally happy today and get to the bus to DT Disney. We get there early enough to go shopping for a bit. Wishgirl helps me pick out a sweatshirt for her one-on-one Assistant at school, while Toothless and DH go to the Lego store. We’re all in good spirits tonight, and meet up with the rest of our family at Fultons at 7 pm. See the pic in my post of just pictures of Downtown Disney to see Wishgirl all happy, finally.

I was disappointed in our first day at the MK, too bad Wishgirl didn’t enjoy breakfast, I had so hoped she would. And we didn’t get done nearly as much as I had hoped at MK that day.

Tomorrow, back to Epcot in the am.

Last edited by joanchris; 06-24-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:02 AM   #26
MazdaUK

Its hard when you're so looking forward to something and it doesn't go to plan

I had PS for CP breakfast, and not only were we late let in (even though we were outside MK at 7.30 ) but I was and only ate 2 bananas, half a glass of OJ and two glasses of water (in case anyone out there doesn't know yet )

But my boys loved it!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:38 AM   #27
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal
I would like to introduce dh and myself - Doofus and Sleezy Chuckledoodle

I love in the group picture how happily your Wishgirl is looking at her sister Toothless - it's so sweet! They are both too cute.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:52 AM   #28
joanchris
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFanatic
I love in the group picture how happily your Wishgirl is looking at her sister Toothless - it's so sweet! They are both too cute.

Thanks RadioFanatic! I noticed you're from Clifton Park! I went to school in Saratoga, and visited Clifton Park in August for several years after that as we had friends who lived there. Fond memories
Then they moved near us, which was nice, now they're near Cleveland, not so nice.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:07 AM   #29
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal
I would like to introduce dh and myself - Doofus and Sleezy Chuckledoodle

as usual on this board - "it's a small world after all!"

Old 11-08-2005, 08:43 AM   #30
joanchris
Mouseketeer

Day 5, Wednesday, Epcot, and the most expensive batteries ever

Day 5, Wednesday, Epcot, and the most expensive batteries ever

The plan: Epcot early to get Fastpasses for Soarin and Test Track, spend most of the morning and early afternoon there, to back to the room for a break, dinner at 530 at Grand Floridian Café, then Spectromagic at MK. This was the ONLY night we could see spectro.
However, we altered this plan even before the day began. We were tired, we were up late Tuesday, and needed some rest. So we decided that going to MK, on an EMH night, JUST to see spectro was definitely NOT worth it! Dinner at 530, then back to the room for early bed.

What happened:
Ok, so I’ve mentioned Wishgirl’s need for her music when she’s unhappy. And I prepared well for this need, bringing plenty of spare batteries (we usually use rechargeable at home, but figured it’d be easier to use throw aways at WDW). Well, when packing the backpack, somehow all the spare batteries stayed in the room. SO………..we end up at Epcot after the gates open, but still fairly early, I think 10 or so. Wishgirl starts to get unhappy. I go to turn on her MP3 player. Nothing. No little green light that tells me it’s working. So we go through the bag check with her “wigging out”. I dig around in the backpack and come up empty handed. Great. DH looks at me like I’ve lost my mind, how could I not have packed batteries? We have about a dozen in the room, all bought at Bjs, nice and cheap. So, I send DH off to look for batteries in Epcot. 15 min later DH is back, 4 VERY expensive batteries in hand, I think they were $12 or something! Oh well. We pop one in the player, push the button, the music comes on and Wishgirl is smiling. It’s just like magic!
NOW we can go get fast passes! First we head to Soarin, get a FP for 3 of us (DH is afraid of heights) and get some soda and waters. By now it’s about time for World Showcase to open. We wander to the right towards Canada (I want the cheddar cheese soup from the Food and Wine fest, but it’s soooo hot! Not now. We go see the movie in Canada, nice and cool, ahhhhhhhhh. And Toothless starts making her mask. This project would take up lots of our time. But Toothless loved it! She’s also into flags, so she wants to draw the flags of each country we visit on her mask.
We wander past England, and head to France. While browsing in a shop we find out that Belle and Beast are expected outside behind the shop soon. So Toothless makes her mask across the way, DH finds me some Quiche for lunch and we head over to where Belle should be. We’ve already seen Belle at breakfast yesterday, but missing from the breakfast at the castle was Aurora……….well, Belle and Aurora were there (no beast)! Yippee! Toothless has favorite princesses in order: Ariel, Belle, Aurora, then the rest. So we HAD to see Aurora. Phew, now that we’ve done that we don’t have to spend time hunting her down in the next couple of days!

We head back to Soarin, while the 3 of us are at Soarin’ (wow it takes a LONG time to get through the fast pass line, up to the front, wait just a bit, get lined up properly, all on spots, then to load the ride………think it was 45 min start to finish!) DH went to get 4 fast passes for Test Track. Wishgirl would not be riding this one, too much for her, but we would be doing a swap with her and Toothless would get to ride twice.

Wishgirl LOVED Soarin’! I was happy she enjoyed it. So did Toothless, but Toothless loves lots of things, Wishgirl does not, so it was a great moment. I had turned her music really low and removed one earphone before the ride, now I removed it all together. Yay, she’s happy now!

Searching for food for Toothless here was not easy. I finally found Chicken Nuggets somewhere and made her eat while we walked. Time was awastin’! (if she wasn’t so picky we could have found her food in the first 3 places we tried and she’d have had time to sit!) Went to meed up with DH who had a nice Margarita in hand for me. We had some time to spend in World Showcase before Test Track. We did lots more countries, the boat ride in Norway was open today, so we did that. Toothless worked on her mask more. Finally it was time for Test Track. So back to Future World we went.

It was a bit confusing for the CMs there as we tried to explain that we had 4 Fps, and that only 3 of us were riding, and we wanted a swap for Wishgirl. They apparently didn’t do the swap the way they usually do (this was the first, and only time we would try to do a swap). Toothless and DH get on the ride, they call around, finally sending me and Wishgirl up an elevator, then down again. We area told to wait on the other side for Toothless and DH to get off. We wait, and wait and wait…………….
Finally I tell someone that I think we missed them…….they don’t know what to do. Then I decide that they must have gotten off, so I go to look for them, I go out the exit, as I’m going out I see a CM who was helping us earlier. He asks if we got on and I mention that I never did. He tells me if I find DH to come on back up the exit and he’ll help us. I end up in the showroom….try calling DH on his cell. I keep getting his voicemail. Finally I get through and DH tells me he had gone out (noone told him to wait to see me) and gone back around to the fast pass lane………they tell him he shouldn’t be there……loooong story. Finally some supervisor type CM escorts him back around to the exit to find me. To Toothless and I get to ride. It wasn’t worth the hassle! The ride was fine, and if it were a quick on and off I would do it again. But I didn’t see the big thrill in it. Toothless and DH, however, did enjoy it and would go on again on Friday (while Wishgirl and I get to go on Soarin again.)

So, we’re done with Epcot today. We know we’re coming back again on Friday so we’ll do more then. And I MUST get my cheddar cheese soup then too!

I think we went back to the room for a bit, before heading over to the Grand Floridian Café for Dinner. Dinner was nice, pleasant, not crowded, and the service was good. However, between Wishgirl and Toothless needing to go to the potty I barely got to sit. It turns out that Toothless has a tummy ache and wants to go back to the room NOW. Good thing we weren’t’ planning on Spectro tonight anyhow. I wanted to look in the shops at the GF so I stay with Wishgirl and we shop. Wishgirl picked out a really pretty mickey head ring (size 3!) for her to spend some of her souvenir money on. It actually stays on her finger! Shopping time well spent we go back to the room. We call it an early night and are asleep before the 9 pm fireworks at MK.

( I took almost no pictures this day......very strange for me! I had over 400 good pictures that I had printed of this trip and about 5 of this day, none good enough to post!)

Tomorrow, Time for Tonga Toast? Blizzard Beach and MNSSHP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: