Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2005, 09:06 AM   #1
Brygida
DIS Veteran

Free Fridge At Value Resorts!?!

Are the Value Resorts adding free fridges? or not?

I think it is really bad customer service for a hotel, especially one in such tropical weather as Florida, to not offer a fridge. This has really bugged me when I've travelled to WDW.

First they offered fridges free of charge when you asked for one. Then they started charging you. I was really happy to hear from a CM that all resorts were being upgraded, as part of the 50th anniversary, with a free fridge. That if your room did not have one, all you had to do was ask and it would be delivered.

Is that true? or should I still harbor this pet peeve against WDW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brygida
A CM at WL told me that as part of the 50th celebration, all WDW rooms would get a free fridge. We went in September, so I guess it has changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks
According to the official WDW website, that CM at WL was wrong. Check out http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...omsListingPage, and look under "Room Features" in the middle of the page.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:39 AM   #2
rae662000
DIS Veteran

Not in my room....

I was just there in Sept and did not have one in my room, however I did not ask either....
rae662000 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2005, 10:43 AM   #3
agotta
WISH Biggest Loser/Red Team
aka Mrs. DVDGuy
Once, at a bar.. Ummmm, I danced in a cage....

I though the new upgrades to include fridges were only at the moderates
Old 10-27-2005, 10:52 AM   #4
Diznenut
Is it time to go? Is it? Huh Huh?

My husband is a diabetic so I have to have a fridge in our room. When I talked to the CM, she said that they hadn't noted it on our room, even though we asked for it. She said that getting one for a medical reason ensured that we would have one at no cost, otherwise it would be 10.00 per day.

So I would assume that it means you will have to pay for one unless its a medical reason.
Diznenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:35 PM   #5
Camping Griswalds
DIS Veteran

We've requested one inour room at POP for medical reasons. DS #2 is almost always on some type of antibiotic, and i'm still nursing DD. I've been told it will be free, as it should be. i also think it's crazy that you don't have coffee pots in your value rooms, but I've seen posts that this too will be changing soon. So your value may just end up with a refrigerator and a coffee pot now!!
Camping Griswalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 06:33 AM   #6
MrsM
Mouseketeer

The free refrigerators were only added at the moderates. They are available upon request at the value resorts, but as stated above - unless it's for a medical reason, they are at a charge of $10 per day.
MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 06:40 AM   #7
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

WDW doesn't give you anything 'for free' - expect the room rates to go up, maybe by $10 a day....
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:30 AM   #8
Alicnwondrln
DIS Veteran

right now the mods and deluxes have fridges i thought
i had one for free at WL last year in sept
there was also a thread about this on the resort board
Alicnwondrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:54 AM   #9
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

We were at POP 9/25-10/8, and my parents were there 10/3-10/7. We didn't have a fridge, but my parents did. They were in a handicap accessible room, but didn't request a fridge for medical reasons - and weren't charged for one either. The fridge was in a little cupboard in the tv stand, where ours had shelves. I meant to ask at the desk if all the rooms would be getting them, or all handicap rooms have them, but I forgot to do so.
angel's momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:03 PM   #10
my4kids
DIS Veteran
Oh God, I'm from Baltimore, I'm pretty sure this will make me gag
Tried to correct the Tag Fairy. tsk tsk tsk

What bugged me more than no fridge was ........

NO COFFEE MAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to walk to the food court with mug in hand during Hurricane Wilma! I need my coffee before I can even take a shower - it was a drudge to have to get dressed and walk to another building in the rain to get coffee just so I could take a shower and then get dressed again and walk back out to breakfast.....I really didn't have any other complaint though about the values though...I did have to get a refrigerator for my baby's milk - but I knew I would be charged for it when I booked - and I was OK with it - I still thought the room was good for the value.
my4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:36 PM   #11
Brygida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4kids
NO COFFEE MAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to walk to the food court with mug in hand during Hurricane Wilma! I need my coffee before I can even take a shower - it was a drudge to have to get dressed and walk to another building in the rain to get coffee just so I could take a shower and then get dressed again and walk back out to breakfast.....I really didn't have any other complaint though about the values though...I did have to get a refrigerator for my baby's milk - but I knew I would be charged for it when I booked - and I was OK with it - I still thought the room was good for the value.
For about a year now, I've been bringing my small-electric-kettle with me. It may sound like bringing the kitchen sink, but we use it for so many things.... and I always hated the taste of the in-room coffee pots. We boil water to warm up the baby's cereal, and to make in-room coffee and tea.

My English husband can't live without morning and evening tea.

Hotels in Europe generally include them and I've been spoiled by that convenience.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:17 PM   #12
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Yeah, but hotels in Europe cost an arm and a leg, it seems!

There's a reason why the values are so inexpensive (for WDW) It's because they don't have as many amenities (sp?) as the moderates and deluxes. Smaller rooms, smaller beds, no coffee pot, no fridge, etc. Now the values are going to go up in price, more so than they usually do every year, as fridges cost $$$, the electricity to run them is $$$, etc.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 07:08 PM   #13
SqueakyMouse
DIS Veteran

I think having to pay for a fridge at the value results is ridiculous when the cheapest of off-site motels offer them for free. Also, at $10/day, you could purchase one for your trip for less, if you're staying for any amount of time. When leaving ASMu a couple of weeks ago, we noticed a lady with a small fridge on the passenger seat of her car.
SqueakyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:20 PM   #14
MayMom
Open the gates, I'm home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueakyMouse
I think having to pay for a fridge at the value results is ridiculous when the cheapest of off-site motels offer them for free. Also, at $10/day, you could purchase one for your trip for less, if you're staying for any amount of time. When leaving ASMu a couple of weeks ago, we noticed a lady with a small fridge on the passenger seat of her car.
I agree completely! When we were traveling recently we stayed overnight on the road at a small hotel in Mississippi...it cost us $39.99 and had a small refrigerator, a coffee pot and a tiny microwave. WOW - what great customer service!

pre 2000 - so many good memories!
2001 Port Orleans - Riverside
2002 Dolphin
2003 Hard Rock Hotel and Gaylord Palms
2006 NICK Hotel and ASMo
MayMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:28 PM   #15
staci
I need to show my little princess mommy's happiest place on earth!!
I have to act NORMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel's momma
We were at POP 9/25-10/8, and my parents were there 10/3-10/7. We didn't have a fridge, but my parents did. They were in a handicap accessible room, but didn't request a fridge for medical reasons - and weren't charged for one either. The fridge was in a little cupboard in the tv stand, where ours had shelves. I meant to ask at the desk if all the rooms would be getting them, or all handicap rooms have them, but I forgot to do so.

I believe that this is just because of the handicap accessibility. in 1997 and 2002 on our AS Sports stays, we had connecting rooms, and they just happened to have one regular room and one accessible room. Both handicap rooms had fridges, neither of which we were charged for.

I had heard the rumor about the fridges at the values too. Im not bothered that they are NOT there (im use to hotels with ice buckets) especially for the price, but it would be very nice if they chose to include them in the room.
All-Star Sports 2/2002, AS and CB 10/1997, CB & offsite 3/1993, Carribean Beach & offsite 3/1990

staci is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: