Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #1351
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran
 
KrazeeK120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bloomington, IL
Posts: 1,093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty3 View Post
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. What is definitely puzzling to me is that we have flown Jwt Blue with a lap child and have always been able to print out our boarding passes the day before. I am concerned because I know that our flight is overbooked. Only way to get return seats was to pay the extra. I wonder if we do not take ME on the way home if we can still get our boarding passes printed as before or if this is something new.
ME and RAC have nothing to do with one another. Resort guests can choose to use both, one, or neither of these services.

So...your choice of whether or not to use ME will have no bearing on your ability to get boarding passes printed at the resort.
__________________
Me DH
'95 Offsite, '07 POFQ (Disneymoon!), '09 YC, '12 CR, '13 Pop, '14 BWI
KrazeeK120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:40 AM   #1352
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist
 
Planogirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Frisco,Texas
Posts: 44,788

I'm a little confused about something.

We will be staying onsite and likely flying in and out on Southwest Airlines. If I understand it correctly, we just need to arrive at MCO and our luggage will be taken care of but we will have to take care of it when we return to MCO to leave. Is that correct?
__________________
PG
Planogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-11-2012, 05:42 AM   #1353
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 47,753
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I'm a little confused about something.

We will be staying onsite and likely flying in and out on Southwest Airlines. If I understand it correctly, we just need to arrive at MCO and our luggage will be taken care of but we will have to take care of it when we return to MCO to leave. Is that correct?
Nope, that's 'old' info. SW now participates in RAC (resort airline checkin). As long as you can be completely checked in no less than 3 hrs prior to flight departure, you are good to go. This means that you have to have a departure time of not much earlier than 8:30am...the RAC counter opens at 5am and it takes about 15 mins to get checked in.
If your flight departs prior to 8:30am, you would just take your bags with you, to the DME bus, and check them at the airport.
Hope that helps.
__________________



goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #1354
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,286

RAC

Is there a charge to use RAC?

We are flying Delta and are allowed free checked bag with our Delta AmEx card, would we be able to check in and use RAC and utilize our free checked bag?

Thanks
cruise cruise cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #1355
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%
 
Horace Horsecollar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Wiseacre Farm
Posts: 7,158

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise cruise cruise View Post
RAC

Is there a charge to use RAC?

We are flying Delta and are allowed free checked bag with our Delta AmEx card, would we be able to check in and use RAC and utilize our free checked bag?

Thanks
There is no fee to use Resort Airline Check-in (RAC) if you are departing from a Disney owned-operated resort at which you were a registered guest.

RAC is essentially curbside check-in (except that, in the case of RAC, the "curb" is 20 miles from the airport terminal). So the RAC employees appreciate the same tips as skycaps doing similar work at the airport.

As far as airline baggage fees and fee waivers are concerned, RAC accesses the same computer systems as the skycaps at the airports. RAC employees can see who is exempt from the first (or first and second) bag fee due to class of service, elite frequent flyer status, airline credit card benefits, and other reasons that fees are waived.
__________________
** Horace Horsecollar **
Horace Horsecollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #1356
momof3ds
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 424

Ok, we are checking out on 9/1 and flying home on 9/2. Switching hotels for a night. I called the ME number directly and the person on the line told me she needed a flight number or our room number to add the departure info. She told me to arrange the departure ride at the resort once we have our room number.

Is this correct? I can find a flight number to call with if needed.

Our plan is to ride ME back to the airport and switch to the hotel shuttle.
momof3ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #1357
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 47,753
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3ds View Post
Ok, we are checking out on 9/1 and flying home on 9/2. Switching hotels for a night. I called the ME number directly and the person on the line told me she needed a flight number or our room number to add the departure info. She told me to arrange the departure ride at the resort once we have our room number.

Is this correct? I can find a flight number to call with if needed.

Our plan is to ride ME back to the airport and switch to the hotel shuttle.
Nope..you just need a reservation number for a WDW owned resort..period. If you used Disney to book your resort stay, then call them and have them add DME for your departure.
I have taken DME back to MCO on several occasions with no return flight info. There have been times that I have found a flight that leaves at an appropriate time for my DME pickup....for instance, if I want to be at MCO by 8pm, I give them flight info for a flight leaving at 10pm-ish.
But, I have never had to give them room info...just a resort reservation number.
__________________



goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #1358
wahmtexas
Mouseketeer
 
wahmtexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 465

?

flight leaves at 7pm, can I check out of my AoA room in the early am and leave my luggage at the resort until taking it on the Magic Express and what time should I expect Magic Express to take us to the airport for a 7pm flight?
__________________
1977-2003 Trips as a child to Ft. Wilderness, Poly, and Contemporary
Nov.2008:CSR 1st trip for my own children, 5 & 2
Aug.2009: Wilderness Lodge, 2d trip with my kids
Sept.2010: Carribbean Beach, 3d trip with my kids
Dec. 2012 Art Of Animation, Cars Suite Lovin my work at home business paying for our Disney addiction!
Dec. 2013 POFQ, Surprise trip for kids! Loved POFQ!
Nov. 2014 CBR with free dining!(may upgrade to WL our favorite)
wahmtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #1359
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%
 
Horace Horsecollar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Wiseacre Farm
Posts: 7,158

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahmtexas View Post
flight leaves at 7pm, can I check out of my AoA room in the early am and leave my luggage at the resort until taking it on the Magic Express and what time should I expect Magic Express to take us to the airport for a 7pm flight?
You can use do that.

But if you're using an airline that participates in Resort Airline Check-in (RAC), it's much more convenient to check your bags and get your boarding passes from RAC in the morning. Then you only have to deal with your carry-ons. At the airport, you can skip the airline counter and go straight to security and your departure gate. You'll see your checked bags again at your home airport at baggage claim.

Your Disney's Magical Express (DME) pick-up from your resort will be scheduled for 3 hours (plus or minus up to 15 minutes) before your scheduled flight departure. For a 7:00 p.m. flight, it would be some time between 3:45 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. You should be at the pick=up location at least 10 minutes before your pick-up time.
__________________
** Horace Horsecollar **
Horace Horsecollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:18 AM   #1360
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?
 
Kathymford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 25 miles from DLR
Posts: 1,673

RAC and ME

So if i am reading these posts correctly, both RAC check-in and ME pick-up is 3 hours before flight departure. Is that correct?

So if I have a 10:45 am flight, I need to be checking into both by 730 am??

(A side note, this does not sound like a fun way to end vacation, does it?)
__________________
Kathymford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #1361
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%
 
Horace Horsecollar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Wiseacre Farm
Posts: 7,158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
So if i am reading these posts correctly, both RAC check-in and ME pick-up is 3 hours before flight departure. Is that correct?

So if I have a 10:45 am flight, I need to be checking into both by 730 am??

(A side note, this does not sound like a fun way to end vacation, does it?)
You don't have to wait until 3 hours before departure time to use RAC. You can do your RAC check-in any time between 5:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. for flights any time that day, but you must finish the process no less than 3 hours before departure time.

Your scheduled DME pick-up time will be around 3 hours before before departure time, give or take up to 15 minutes. You should be at your pick-up location at least 10 minutes before the pick-up time.

With a 10:45 a.m. flight, your DME pick-up time time for a domestic flight will be between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.

I would be at the RAC counter at least 30 minutes before your DME pick-up time. There may be a line, so you may have to wait for your turn. And, as at the airport, the process itself takes a few minutes. As with any skycap service, a tip is appreciated.

You can also get RAC out of the way much earlier. For example, you could take care of it before breakfast, have breakfast, and return to your room for your carry-ons before your DME pick-up.

Going home is never a fun way to end a vacation. DME is a shared transportation service. MCO is a half hour away if there are no other stops and no delays, but you'll probably stop at one or two other resorts, and delays can happen. The TSA checkpoints at MCO can have long lines that move slowly. Your flight will board 30 minutes before departure. You should get to your gate before boarding begins.

Actually, I think using RAC and DME at the end of a WDW vacation is a lot more fun than having to drag your bags through the airport to the airline counter and waiting in a line with your bags. It's great to get on a DME coach with only your carry-ons and to go straight to TSA Security and then to your gate.
__________________
** Horace Horsecollar **

Last edited by Horace Horsecollar; 07-25-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Horace Horsecollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:32 AM   #1362
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran
 
ruadisneyfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 11,582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
So if i am reading these posts correctly, both RAC check-in and ME pick-up is 3 hours before flight departure. Is that correct?

So if I have a 10:45 am flight, I need to be checking into both by 730 am??

(A side note, this does not sound like a fun way to end vacation, does it?)
It's much better than missing your flight. If you prefer to cut it really close, you could always pay for private car service. Chances are good that they would recommend picking you up approx 3 hrs before your flight, 2.5 at the very least.

We like to arrive at any airport 2 hrs prior and also allow some extra travel time in case of traffic delays, etc. As pp mentioned, ME buses usually stop at at least 1 other resort.

I find it very stress free when I know we don't have to rush.
__________________
ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #1363
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 47,753
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
So if i am reading these posts correctly, both RAC check-in and ME pick-up is 3 hours before flight departure. Is that correct?

So if I have a 10:45 am flight, I need to be checking into both by 730 am??

(A side note, this does not sound like a fun way to end vacation, does it?)
RAC opens at 5am. With a 10:45am flight departure, your DME p/u time will most likely be between 7:30 and 8. You have to have your bags checked, boarding pass in hand, no less than 3 hrs prior to flight departure time...in your case, this would be 7:45. You need to be out at the DME bus stop about 15 mins prior to the stated p/u time (if you are given a time of 7:50am, you should be out, ready to go, at the bus stop, by 7:35)....which means you should be at RAC by 7am!! It can take 15 or so mins to finish your transaction...and if there are people in front of you, longer.

This doesn't sound like a fun way to end vacation?? I have yet to find any fun way to end my WDW vacation. I guess this is better than lugging all my bags back to the airport and checking them there. Much better to take a little time, at my resort, and get that stuff all taken care of. Then, I can just get off the bus and go right to security!!!
__________________



goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #1364
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?
 
Kathymford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 25 miles from DLR
Posts: 1,673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar View Post
You don't have to wait until 3 hours before departure time to use RAC. You can do your RAC check-in any time between 5:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. for flights any time that day, but you must finish the process no less than 3 hours before departure time.

Your scheduled DME pick-up time will be around 3 hours before before departure time, give or take up to 15 minutes. You should be at your pick-up location at least 10 minutes before the pick-up time.

With a 10:45 a.m. flight, your DME pick-up time time for a domestic flight will be between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.

I would be at the RAC counter at least 30 minutes before your DME pick-up time. There may be a line, so you may have to wait for your turn. And, as at the airport, the process itself takes a few minutes. As with any skycap service, a tip is appreciated.

You can also get RAC out of the way much earlier. For example, you could take care of it before breakfast, have breakfast, and return to your room for your carry-ons before your DME pick-up.

Going home is never a fun way to end a vacation. DME is a shared transportation service. MCO is a half hour away if there are no other stops and no delays, but you'll probably stop at one or two other resorts, and delays can happen. The TSA checkpoints at MCO can have long lines that move slowly. Your flight will board 30 minutes before departure. You should get to your gate before boarding begins.

Actually, I think using RAC and DME at the end of a WDW vacation is a lot more fun than having to drag your bags through the airport to the airline counter and waiting in a line with your bags. It's great to get on a DME coach with only your carry-ons and to go straight to TSA Security and then to your gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
It's much better than missing your flight. If you prefer to cut it really close, you could always pay for private car service. Chances are good that they would recommend picking you up approx 3 hrs before your flight, 2.5 at the very least.

We like to arrive at any airport 2 hrs prior and also allow some extra travel time in case of traffic delays, etc. As pp mentioned, ME buses usually stop at at least 1 other resort.

I find it very stress free when I know we don't have to rush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
RAC opens at 5am. With a 10:45am flight departure, your DME p/u time will most likely be between 7:30 and 8. You have to have your bags checked, boarding pass in hand, no less than 3 hrs prior to flight departure time...in your case, this would be 7:45. You need to be out at the DME bus stop about 15 mins prior to the stated p/u time (if you are given a time of 7:50am, you should be out, ready to go, at the bus stop, by 7:35)....which means you should be at RAC by 7am!! It can take 15 or so mins to finish your transaction...and if there are people in front of you, longer.

This doesn't sound like a fun way to end vacation?? I have yet to find any fun way to end my WDW vacation. I guess this is better than lugging all my bags back to the airport and checking them there. Much better to take a little time, at my resort, and get that stuff all taken care of. Then, I can just get off the bus and go right to security!!!
Thanks for all of your replies. You guys are so awesome!! I decided not to do the 1045 am flight, we are not early people. It was just too early. hahaha. Thanks for all the info. This will be our third trip, but the first time using an airline that is RAC-eligible!! Very excited about that part! Thanks again. You guys are awesome.
__________________
Kathymford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #1365
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran
 
Scrappy_Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Colorful Colorado!
Posts: 4,726

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Nope, that's 'old' info. SW now participates in RAC (resort airline checkin). As long as you can be completely checked in no less than 3 hrs prior to flight departure, you are good to go. This means that you have to have a departure time of not much earlier than 8:30am...the RAC counter opens at 5am and it takes about 15 mins to get checked in.
If your flight departs prior to 8:30am, you would just take your bags with you, to the DME bus, and check them at the airport.
Hope that helps.
Just FYI too, me and DH were staying at Bay Lake and had a LATE flight out. We tried checking our luggage in, and they said they stopped after 1:00 pm....so we ended up lugging our own luggage to the airport, even though we checked in within the required time period (no less than 3 hours)
__________________

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Timeshare Store Current DVC Inventory - 8/12/05 pat@dvcstore Purchasing DVC 22 08-14-2005 09:53 AM
Best Price Hotel W/ Airline Tickets? aanthony03 Orlando Hotels and Attractions 11 07-26-2005 08:41 AM
Disney's Magical Express disney13 UK Trip Planning Forum 6 07-15-2005 02:20 PM
news from Disney......now they have all the angles covered chyam Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 60 12-29-2004 06:12 PM
New! Disney's Magical Express Regina Community Board 16 12-28-2004 07:40 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.



You Rated this Thread: