Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #1276
jeankeri
I threw cartons of milk at yuppies but don't tell anyone! What gets talked about on the DIS, stays on the DIS!

Do all members of your party (room reservation) need to arrive the same day/ leave the same day to use ME service? Example- my mom will be coming in a day behind us. As long as she is listed on the room, she will be able to use ME?
Me, DS 18, DS 17 'the furbabies'
jeankeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #1277
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeankeri View Post
Do all members of your party (room reservation) need to arrive the same day/ leave the same day to use ME service? Example- my mom will be coming in a day behind us. As long as she is listed on the room, she will be able to use ME?
Guests on the same WDW resort room reservation can arrive on different flights and on different days. The system was designed with the knowledge that family members and friends from different cities share rooms at WDW resorts.

The inbound transportation can be on of after check-in day. The outbound transportation can be on or before check-out day.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #1278
jeankeri
I threw cartons of milk at yuppies but don't tell anyone! What gets talked about on the DIS, stays on the DIS!

Thanks for the quick response! I was pretty sure, but am glad for the confirmation before we get our flights purchased.
Me, DS 18, DS 17 'the furbabies'
jeankeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:26 AM   #1279
thefigueroas
Mouseketeer

Location: Wherever the Navy lets us rest our feet!-for now it is Naples, Italy

We just received our tags and vouchers for DME. I did not see the number listed for BAGS and the vouchers stated that "additional information about this service will be provided in your Transportation Notice". Are they going to be sending us something in addition with more information? I am flying Delta and need to pay for baggage for my return flight. We have used RAC before but only on Southwest so are familiar with RAC we just have not paid for bags before.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:38 AM   #1280
Christine9125
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefigueroas View Post
We just received our tags and vouchers for DME. I did not see the number listed for BAGS and the vouchers stated that "additional information about this service will be provided in your Transportation Notice". Are they going to be sending us something in addition with more information? I am flying Delta and need to pay for baggage for my return flight. We have used RAC before but only on Southwest so are familiar with RAC we just have not paid for bags before.
They will put a notice on your door the day before your are due to leave, it will give the ME time of pick up and the number to call and pay for your bags

1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-AOA
Christine9125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #1281
k5thbeatle
DIS Veteran

Mildly surprised Frontier was not participating with this? But then I don't know what all the criteria/agreements are to participate?

k5thbeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:59 PM   #1282
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5thbeatle View Post
Mildly surprised Frontier was not participating with this? But then I don't know what all the criteria/agreements are to participate?
Remember, on arrival day, everyone on every airline gets the full DME treatment (including the automatic luggage delivery from airplane to resort). It's only on your last day that "participation" matters.

Airlines pay a fee in order to be part of the Resort Airline Check-in service. They also have to make sure that their computer system is compatible with Disney's (this last one was the major sticking point that kept Southwest off the "participating" list for several years).
Old 07-27-2011, 06:16 AM   #1283
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5thbeatle View Post
It's up to each airline to decide if they wish to participate in the RAC program. It usually means making some type of changes to their operating systems. And if they don't have a ton of business going to MCO and WDW, they probably figure it isn't worth it.

BUT...as already noted, you can still use DME, both ways. It doesn't matter what airline you fly into MCO on...if you tag those bags with the yellow DME tags, the bags will be delivered to your resort. As long as you are listed on an active WDW resort reservation, and have made your DME reservation in advance, you can ride the DME bus to your resort.

For your return to MCO, anyone can ride the DME back to MCO from their WDW owned resort. If you are flying on a participating airline, then you can head to the RAC (remote airline checkin) counter no less than 3 hrs before your flight departure and get your bags checked through and your boarding passes issued. If your airline is not participating in the RAC program (such as Frontier), then you just take your bags to the DME bus with you and the bags go beneath your bus and you check them at MCO, the 'old fashioned' way.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:08 AM   #1284
dmband
DIS Veteran

I didn't read every post so maybe this has been mentioned
But for our trip in July 2010, jetblue did NOT require airport checking with a infant lap baby
We did everything at the resort
Old 08-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #1285
noname70
Mouseketeer

Hi, I just called Disney asking why I haven't received my booklet yet for an August 18 departure. They said they didn't order DME for me (their mistake as I gave a CM my flight info months ago). Anyway, they set it up today but told me it's too late for tags and I will have to lug my luggage at MCO. Is this correct? There is still 2 weeks for them to get me tags and it was their mistake to begin with. Help.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #1286
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname70 View Post
Hi, I just called Disney asking why I haven't received my booklet yet for an August 18 departure. They said they didn't order DME for me (their mistake as I gave a CM my flight info months ago). Anyway, they set it up today but told me it's too late for tags and I will have to lug my luggage at MCO. Is this correct? There is still 2 weeks for them to get me tags and it was their mistake to begin with. Help.
In the past you could give your luggage claim tags to the CM at the ME desk at the airport they would get your bags for you if you didnt have your ME tags.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #1287
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Seriously? They messed up and they won't make it right?? DME tells us that they need 10 days lead time to process the info packet/tags and get them to the guest. It would seem that you are within that time frame.
Call DME tomorrow, or today if you want, to make sure they have you in their system. That's the first thing to do. Then, ask them if they can expedite the delivery of the packet to you. Technically, they could overnight it to you. But, no need for that. They should have no problem getting it to you in time for your Aug 18 departure.

This is why I tell everyone to deal with DME directly if you are within 30 days of your trip. For some reason, Disney seems to mess it up..way too frequently.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #1288
Christine9125
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Call DME not Disney, they can get the tags there for you in time.

1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-AOA
Christine9125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #1289
noname70
Mouseketeer

Thanks-I called DME directly and they said it wouldn't be a problem getting me the tags in time. I don't know why the CM told me otherwise.

Additionally, when I asked that CM if I could call DME directly she said no. I told her I knew there was a phone number out there as I had seen it on the DIS before. She said they were not allowed to give it out. Crazy but all set now.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #1290
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

That happened to me before on our first trip...very difficult! Glad everything is straightened out!

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: