Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #1231
onelugnut
Donald Duck!

i dont think this was clearly answered yet.
I know I goofed and booked with Spirit which I now know is not a DME participant, but it sounded like if I check my bags with Spirit, that DME will still pick up my bags and deliver them to my resort room.
I just cant check them in at the hotel on the way back, instead I have to check them at the airport myself.

is that right or DME wont handle my bags at all either way?

thanks for assistance.

leaving in 9 days and this may make effect the way we pack
onelugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #1232
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelugnut View Post
I know I goofed and booked with Spirit which I now know is not a DME participant, but it sounded like if I check my bags with Spirit, that DME will still pick up my bags and deliver them to my resort room.
I just cant check them in at the hotel on the way back, instead I have to check them at the airport myself.

thanks for assistance.

leaving in 9 days and this may make effect the way we pack
All bags that arrive through MCO with DME tags will be pulled aside and delivered to guests. You can still use DME on return to MCO but you'll have to give your bags to busdriver(he'll store them underneath according to airline) and then you'll have to wait in line at Spirit to check your bags.

btw, don't say you goofed by booking w/Spirit. If you paid a reasonable price that you're happy with, it's all good. They're getting you to FL quickly and safely, right? If RAC is really important to you, then lesson learned, and you'll know what questions to ask next time before booking.
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #1233
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelugnut View Post
What I put in red above is correct. Any airline, ANY airline, you still get the automatic luggage handling/delivery from airplane to inside your resort room.

It's only at the end of your vacation, the day you fly home, that someone flying Spirit (like me!!!) has to take their own bags on the bus and back to the airport.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #1234
onelugnut
Donald Duck!

thanks very much for the clarification.

thats what i thought, but wanted to be sure.

now can you get us some warm weather? (1/13 to 1/19)
onelugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #1235
mybabesuz
DIS Veteran

Is Southwest on-line at Animal Kingdom Lodge?

Hoping to be able to check bags on the way home.

TIA
Suz
mybabesuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #1236
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

southwest vacations

Don't know if this has been covered or not but has anyone booked a Southwest vacation to disney with all the rooms and such. I noticed that SW is about $600 cheaper before travel insurance purchase than going directly through Disney.

Thanks
germ539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:43 PM   #1237
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
Don't know if this has been covered or not but has anyone booked a Southwest vacation to disney with all the rooms and such. I noticed that SW is about $600 cheaper before travel insurance purchase than going directly through Disney.

Thanks
Not sure you're going to get much of a response here..but we'll see. The vast majority of DISers book directly with Disney. Not sure why a SW pkg would be close to $600 less than the exact same thing booked through Disney.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #1238
Linda T.
DIS Veteran

Is Southwest now participating in DME with CBR - we are going July 14 thru July 21st and are wondering if CBR is now participating fully in this program? Thanks in advance for your help.
May, 1979 - Offsite; June, 1995 - CBR; June, 1997 - CBR; June, 1999 - POR; July, 2001 - CBR; April, 2005 - Disneyland; July, 2005 - CBR; July, 2007 - CBR; July, 2010 - CBR; July 2011 - CBR; July, 2013 - CBR; Next Trip - Christmas, 2014 - BCV

Linda T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #1239
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda T. View Post
Is Southwest now participating in DME with CBR - we are going July 14 thru July 21st and are wondering if CBR is now participating fully in this program? Thanks in advance for your help.
Yes, Southwest passengers can now use Resort Airline Check-in at CBR.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #1240
Linda T.
DIS Veteran

Thank you - that is great news. We went last year in July to CBR and we had to take our luggage at the end of the vacation. Now we won't have to do that. Thanks again for the info.
May, 1979 - Offsite; June, 1995 - CBR; June, 1997 - CBR; June, 1999 - POR; July, 2001 - CBR; April, 2005 - Disneyland; July, 2005 - CBR; July, 2007 - CBR; July, 2010 - CBR; July 2011 - CBR; July, 2013 - CBR; Next Trip - Christmas, 2014 - BCV

Linda T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #1241
DisneyDream2B
Mouseketeer

DME one way

Hi,
We are using DME only for the return flight, after a cruise, and a stay at CSR. Will we be able to sign up at the DME check in center when we arrive at MCO, prior to leaving in our rental car, so that we can use the convenient check in, and receive our documents in our CSR room for our return flight? We have already received our DME bag tags. I'm a bit concerned about getting an optimal seating number if we are trying to check in for our flights at the resort, at the 24 hour in advance time point.
Thanks!
DisneyDream2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:34 AM   #1242
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDream2B View Post
Hi,
We are using DME only for the return flight, after a cruise, and a stay at CSR. Will we be able to sign up at the DME check in center when we arrive at MCO, prior to leaving in our rental car, so that we can use the convenient check in, and receive our documents in our CSR room for our return flight? We have already received our DME bag tags. I'm a bit concerned about getting an optimal seating number if we are trying to check in for our flights at the resort, at the 24 hour in advance time point.
Thanks!
Obviously you have already booked DME for your trip but you are choosing not to use it upon arrival. Have you given them your return info?? If you received the yellow luggage tags, there has to be a reservation. If you have yet to book your return, I would call whomever you booked your CSR stay with and have DME added to your reservation.
Are you flying home on SW??? If so, I would pay for EBCI..that way you don't have to worry about checking in at the 24 hr mark....SW will do it for you. Then you just have to go down to the RAC desk on departure day, check your bags and get your boarding passes printed out. I have yet to have any airline documents left in my room.....we have flown home on SW several times in the past year or so and they have never left anything for us, in our room. Some have reported this happening, but it hasn't happened to us. You still need to go down to the RAC desk and hand your bags over in person.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #1243
zianha
Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post

Thanks
Like goofy4tink said, most people here book directly with Disney and I'm one of them! But out of curiosity I went to the Southewest Vacations site and the price it gave me for the dates I'm going in May (but flying Continental) and the initial price they showed me is around $600 cheaper BUT it's a room only reservation and of course the airfare. After it automatically added park hoppers it was $300 more than my current package and airfare I've already paid for and that difference appears to be the difference in airfare. Just make sure whatever price you're seeing on SW Vacations included tickets.
Me-Shandale(39) DS11 DS15 Ziggy Zoe NDM #344---WDW Commando Member #121
My Blog! http://alldaydisney.com/
My YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/AllDayDisney

zianha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #1244
texasbloke
Mouseketeer

I apologize if this has been asked before.

Their are 6 of us traveling. My 2 inlaws and my family of 4.

We are renting a car, my husband will pick it up when we land, and then meet us at the resort.

My in-laws will be taking DME to Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani. My 2 children and me are staying at POP, and plan on taking DME.

My question is would I be allowed to ride the DME bus with my in-laws, to Kidani, even if we are not staying their but staying at another onsite resort?

My in-laws have never been to WDW so I would feel better riding DME with them and making sure their check in goes smoothly. Plus we want to eat lunch together.
texasbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #1245
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbloke View Post
I apologize if this has been asked before.

Their are 6 of us traveling. My 2 inlaws and my family of 4.

We are renting a car, my husband will pick it up when we land, and then meet us at the resort.

My in-laws will be taking DME to Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani. My 2 children and me are staying at POP, and plan on taking DME.

My question is would I be allowed to ride the DME bus with my in-laws, to Kidani, even if we are not staying their but staying at another onsite resort?

My in-laws have never been to WDW so I would feel better riding DME with them and making sure their check in goes smoothly. Plus we want to eat lunch together.
No, you must go on the bus you're assigned to (when you get your voucher scanned, they'll tell you which bus queue to get into). HOWEVER, there's a decent chance you'll be on the same bus. They tend to group resorts geographically, and both AKV and Pop Century are in the "AK" zone ... this by no means means you WILL be on the same bus, I'm just saying there's a decent chance you may be on the same bus.

If you're on the same bus, the driver won't care where you are getting off, so you could get off at AKV with them. It's just that you can't get on the wrong bus.

If you do happen to be on the same bus, and if you have any carry-ons that the driver will store under the bus, when he/she asks you which resort you're staying at, tell him/her AKV ... the drivers put carry-ons for the different resorts in different spaces under the bus. When you get to each resort, the driver automatically unloads all the bags for that resort (the carry-ons plus the checked bags of the heretics [] who don't use the DME luggage service) and puts them on the sidewalk. If you happen to stop at Pop first (which is common) and you told the driver you're staying at Pop, your carry-ons will be sitting at the bus area while you and the bus drive away towards AKV.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: