Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #1216
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by betmust View Post
I have a question and hope someone can answer.
Where can I find out which resorts participate in this.
I will be staying at Fort Wilderness in a cabin. I have a rental car so do not need Magic express. When I am leaving can check in my luggage and let them take it to the airport and print out my boarding pass?
My flight will be a 10am so I know I will have to have my luggage there by 7am. Does anyone know if Ft. Wilderness participates in this?

Thanks for any info...

Bette
All the resorts participate in the RAC program. You just have to be flying out on an airline that has agreed to participate in the RAC program..and it has to be a domestic flight. Your bags have to be handed off and you walking away no less than 3 hrs before flight time...so I would suggest getting those bags down to the RAC desk no later than 6:30.
These are the airlines that enable you to use the RAC system....
Airtran, Alaska, American, Continental, Delta, Jetblue, Southwest, United and US Airways.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #1217
betmust
Mouseketeer

Thank you for that info....

Bette
betmust is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2010, 09:01 AM   #1218
Lucky'sMom
DIS Veteran

Southwest & RAC question

Will it interfere with using RAC if we get our boarding passes at the 24 hour mark (A23, etc)? Or since I want Disney to handle our check-in, do I need to not do the 24 hour before flight getting our A or B thing? Also, do we need to physically bring the bags to the hotel lobby, or will they pick them up from our room at a certain time? Thanks!

2014-June, Windsor Hills pool home and HRH; 2012-July, RPR and Reunion resort pool home; May,Marriott's Grande Vista; 2011 -Jan: CSR; May: CBR; 2009 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential Suite!; 2008 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek and RPR; 2007 - POR, Wonder Cruise, BWV; 2006 - Springhill Suites, UO and PBH, Nick Hotel; 2005 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins; 2003 - Poly, OKW, AsMo; 2002 - UO and RPR; 2001 - Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites, ASMu; 1996 - Swan; 1995 - Swan, ASSp, ASMu; 1994 - POFQ
Lucky'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #1219
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky'sMom View Post
Will it interfere with using RAC if we get our boarding passes at the 24 hour mark (A23, etc)? Or since I want Disney to handle our check-in, do I need to not do the 24 hour before flight getting our A or B thing? Also, do we need to physically bring the bags to the hotel lobby, or will they pick them up from our room at a certain time? Thanks!
We have always checked ourselves in when flying SW. I know that when my dh felw SW home in Aug, we had used EBCI..that way SW did it and we didn't have to worry about being near a computer at the 24 hr window.
I would either check in myself at the 24 hr window, as usual, or pay for EBCI and let SW do it at the 36 hr window.
Then, when you're ready to check the bags, just take the bags down to the RAC counter, have them print off your boarding passes, and hand over the bags. Or, you can call and have your bags picked up for you in the room, but you still have to go down to check them. That's why I just take them myself. But, I also travel more lightly than most.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #1220
DianeV
DIS Veteran

We just received a credit on our account with Airtran for the fare going down. The lady on the phone said we could use it towards bags and that I should call and pay for the bags with them ahead of time and then do online checkin.

What about on the way home? If I call and do the same thing, pay ahead of time and do online checkin can I give our bags to RAC?

thanks for any help
DianeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #1221
murphnjamie
Mouseketeer

Think I may be stuck

I have a problem and think I am stuck. I am heading to WDW for one of the upcoming races with a charity group and my flight was canceled (I am traveling on my own). I am now flying in the night before, arriving at 10 pm. Well a friend who will be already there said I could stay in her room that night (don't worry, It won't put her over her max in the room or charges). However, my guess is that I am not able to use ME for the night before my official check in date at a hotel, right. Or is it simply based on my plane ticket? Otherwise, I may be waiting until midnight at the airport to catch a bus.

Thanks!

10/1996 - Wilderness
10/1998 - CBR - Honeymoon
1/2007 - Boardwalk - 1st time with my kids!!
10/2008 Wilderness Lodge - 10 year anniversary trip!
2/2011 - Team in Training - running to cure cancer! Disney Princess Half Marathon. 3 day solo trip!!
10/2011 Coronado Springs. Anniversary trip!! Lucky 13 baby!!!
murphnjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #1222
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphnjamie View Post
I have a problem and think I am stuck. I am heading to WDW for one of the upcoming races with a charity group and my flight was canceled (I am traveling on my own). I am now flying in the night before, arriving at 10 pm. Well a friend who will be already there said I could stay in her room that night (don't worry, It won't put her over her max in the room or charges). However, my guess is that I am not able to use ME for the night before my official check in date at a hotel, right. Or is it simply based on my plane ticket? Otherwise, I may be waiting until midnight at the airport to catch a bus.

Thanks!
Can your friend put you on her room reservation? Then you'd have a legit ME voucher.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #1223
BattyKoda
Mouseketeer

We are thinking of booking our trip without airfare and adding it later (the carrier that we prefer doesn't book out as far as we are planning our trip)... is this an issue with using ME? Will we be able to add it at a later date?

thanks in advance.

BattyKoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:12 PM   #1224
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Not a problem at all!! Tell the folks at the Disney Reservation Center that you want to book DME, but don't have your flight numbers yet. Then once you do get your flight numbers, call the Reservation Center back and let them know. Then when you get your packet, just double check that they have the correct flight numbers.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #1225
BattyKoda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley View Post
Not a problem at all!! Tell the folks at the Disney Reservation Center that you want to book DME, but don't have your flight numbers yet. Then once you do get your flight numbers, call the Reservation Center back and let them know. Then when you get your packet, just double check that they have the correct flight numbers.
Thank you Clkelley, appreciate the time and answer

BattyKoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #1226
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattyKoda View Post
We are thinking of booking our trip without airfare and adding it later (the carrier that we prefer doesn't book out as far as we are planning our trip)... is this an issue with using ME? Will we be able to add it at a later date?

thanks in advance.
You can add flight info at any time. Disney really just needs a 'ballpark' idea of how many guests are arriving on any given day..and about what times. They really don't have to have the exact flight info, but it's good to get the info to them.
DME needs about 2 weeks, 10 days in many cases, to print out correct vouchers and luggage tags and get them to the guest. So, as long as you give them your travel info the month before you travel, you'll be fine.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:59 PM   #1227
paulimapi
Mousekeeter

We are flying to the Ford Lauderdale Airport for some reasons, so our idea is to rent a car there and drive to the OIA, return the car and use the Magical Express to get to Disney World. We've made the reservations for the ME but it asks us for flight info and we are not arriving at that airport. How would this work out?

Jan 1998, off-site// Sept 2005, Wilderness Lodge
//Dec 2006 off-site// Dec 2007 Pop Century//Jan 2011 All Star-Sports//Dec 2012 Pop Century//January 2013 Spring Advantage College Program!
paulimapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:27 AM   #1228
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
We are flying to the Ford Lauderdale Airport for some reasons, so our idea is to rent a car there and drive to the OIA, return the car and use the Magical Express to get to Disney World. We've made the reservations for the ME but it asks us for flight info and we are not arriving at that airport. How would this work out?
Three different ways to doing this:
  • Instead of using an online form, talk to a human being at Disney's Magical Express (DME) Guest Services at 866-599-0951. They should be able to make a reservation for you regardless of how you're arriving at Orlando International (including by rental car).
  • Look for a flight that arrives around the time you expect to arrive at Orlando International and provide that flight information, even though you won't be on it. It's not really cheating. DME is a service to get you from the Orlando International to your WDW resort. It has nothing to do with how you arrive at the airport.
  • Look into changing your car rental reservation to return your car at a location in or near WDW. Arrive at your resort by car. Then, at your leisure, return your car to a local location near WDW; they'll take you back to your resort. You may even want to keep your car for a full week if you can get a good weekly rate and you're first spending a number of days around Fort Lauderdale. Cancel your arrival day DME reservation. Make a DME reservation only for your check-out day.
I think the third choice is the best choice. You're paying for a one-way car rental anyway, so there may not be much price difference. It should save you a lot of time.

Last edited by Horace Horsecollar; 12-20-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Horace Horsecollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #1229
Karenj2
Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog!

Quote:
There may be times where the TSA requires a guest to check in directly at the airport. The RAC desk has no control over this.
Is there any way to find out about this beforehand? My husband has a rediculously common name, so he's usually flagged. (It's rare when I can print out his SW boarding pass ahead of time.) I wouldn't want to go through the line to check in, then not be able to.

Plus, we're flying with a lap baby, and flying US Airways. (in case that changes your answer.)
03/1983 wdw Poly | 03/1992? wdw Offsite | 03/1993 wdw Poly | 05/1996 wdw WL | 01/2001 wdw CS | 04/2001 dl day trip | 08/2002 dcl/wdw | 2003-2004 in Dec/Jan dl day trips w/ BIL | 9/2006 wdw PC | 8/2007 wdw PC | 8/2008 wdw AS Sports | 8/2009 wdw BC | 1/2011 wdw Poly, DH ran 1/2 marathon | 3/2012 wdw PC w/ friends | 2/2013 dl day trip| 9/2014 wdw AKLV w/ friends! 4 adults, 1 4yo and 2 sets of 1yo Twins! CRAZY!!

Karenj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #1230
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenj2 View Post
Is there any way to find out about this beforehand? My husband has a rediculously common name, so he's usually flagged. (It's rare when I can print out his SW boarding pass ahead of time.) I wouldn't want to go through the line to check in, then not be able to.
That should no longer be a problem because of the TSA's new Secure Flight Program. In the past, your airline had to compare names against a "no fly" list. As your husband discovered, having the same name or a similar name to someone on the "no fly" list was a problem.

Now, your airline is required to collect your full name and your birthdate. The airline no longer checks against the "no fly" list. They now submit the data to the TSA. There should be far fewer "false positives."

Read more about the Secure Flight Program at http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/secureflight/

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: