Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #1201
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimk View Post
Thanks Horace. Unfortunately... I thought that would be the answer. Airtran reduced it's flights to Moline down to 1 per day, so we have no choice but to take the early one. Hopefully Southwest will open more up when they take Airtran over.
If Airtran changed the schedule to a much earlier flight, they should also be willing to let you flying the following morning. If that works with your personal schedule, you may want to fly home 24 hours later than what you currently have.

On your check-out day from your Disney resort, you would leave your bags with bell services, enjoy another day of fun at WDW, take DME to the airport that evening, stay at an airport hotel, and already be at the airport the next morning for your very early flight.

You still couldn't use RAC, but you would get more time at WDW and more sleep for just the price of a hotel room. There are numerous good hotels (with free shuttle service) near the airport and a Hyatt right in the airport.

Last edited by Horace Horsecollar; 10-14-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Horace Horsecollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #1202
Dimk
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the advice. Another day at Disney!!! Yeah!!!

December 2010 Wilderness Cabins
December 2008 Dolphin
December 2005 Dolphin
July 2004 Yacht Club & Dolphin
July 2003 Port Orleans Riverside
June 2001 All Star Movies
August 1991 - Disney Honeymoon

Dimk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #1203
Susiesnowflake
DIS Veteran

Hope this is the appropriate place to ask this question... we always fly SWA to WDW, and I understand that SWA is now a participating airline for RAC. Love the thought of checking our bags at the Poly and not having to lug them and go through check-in at the airport. My husband will have his golf clubs with him, however. Even though SWA counts them as regular baggage and there isn't any additonal fees to transport them, will we be able to check them through the RAC desk at the Poly? I've read that you can't have anything overweight or oversized. They are in a soft sided "Golf Glove" golf bag and are under 50 lbs.

Question #2.. we've done the SWA EBCI. Can we still have the concierge desk print off our boarding passes at the 24 hr mark or are we required to have the RAC desk to do, if we are having them check our bags through to the airport?

Thanks for an info!
Susiesnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #1204
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Sorry, but I just couldn't check all of the post, so this might be a repeat.

We arrive back to WDW from the cruise on Nov. 7th. We are checking in to the BCV for another 5 nights. My DD and family are going home that night. I plan to list my DD and family on my reservation so they can use the facilities at the BCV during the day. Since we arrive at the BCV around 10:00AM, I don't see any problem with her then checking her luggage and getting her boarding passes with RAC. Her flight is at 8:00PM and while she's not sleeping at the resort, she is a day guest on my reservation! The only hiccup I see is if we don't have our room assignment yet. Any problem? Has anyone else done this?

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:57 PM   #1205
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post

We arrive back to WDW from the cruise on Nov. 7th. We are checking in to the BCV for another 5 nights. My DD and family are going home that night. I plan to list my DD and family on my reservation so they can use the facilities at the BCV during the day. Since we arrive at the BCV around 10:00AM, I don't see any problem with her then checking her luggage and getting her boarding passes with RAC. Her flight is at 8:00PM and while she's not sleeping at the resort, she is a day guest on my reservation! The only hiccup I see is if we don't have our room assignment yet. Any problem? Has anyone else done this?
There MAY be a problem. I don't know for sure, I'm just saying there is a question about it. I know you can check-in before check-in time, but I don't know if you're technically a guest before check-in time. You must be a guest at the resort to use RAC. RAC closes at 1 p.m., which is before the 4 p.m. check-in time at DVC resorts. That's why I'm thinking you might havea problem.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:24 PM   #1206
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post

Since you will have checked in already, even though you don't have a room yet, your dd should be able to use RAC. I would ask at the front desk when you checkin. She should be able to just go over and check her bags at that point and get her boarding passes issued. She is a registered guest at that time...albeit without an actual room. But that shouldn't matter.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:38 AM   #1207
trooper1917
Earning My Ears

How much is it customary to tip the RAC person? (not talking about the bus driver -I mean the RAC person)

Also, regardining RAC and DME at BLT, is the counter and the bus at BLT or at the Contemorary?

Thanks

Last edited by trooper1917; 10-28-2010 at 12:48 AM.
trooper1917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:33 AM   #1208
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper1917 View Post
How much is it customary to tip the RAC person? (not talking about the bus driver -I mean the RAC person)

Also, regardining RAC and DME at BLT, is the counter and the bus at BLT or at the Contemorary?

Thanks
I usually tip $2 per bag...same as curbside.
The RAC counter is outside the main CR bldg...just before you get to the main entrance. Kind of beside the side entry door, facing over towards BLT. The bus area is pretty well marked...in front of the RAC area.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:05 PM   #1209
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Since you will have checked in already, even though you don't have a room yet, your dd should be able to use RAC. I would ask at the front desk when you checkin. She should be able to just go over and check her bags at that point and get her boarding passes issued. She is a registered guest at that time...albeit without an actual room. But that shouldn't matter.
Thanks!

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:39 PM   #1210
trooper1917
Earning My Ears

Just got off the phone with Disney and told them I would only need DME for the return to MCO (one way). I asked when I should expect my info in the mail but was told that since I was not taking DME from MCO I would not receive any confirmation (no booklet or letter). Is this right?

If so, should I touch base at the RAC when I arrive at WDW to make sure they know I'll need a ride to MCO that week?

Thanks
Old 11-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #1211
CleveRocks

Quote:
Just got off the phone with Disney and told them I would only need DME for the return to MCO (one way). I asked when I should expect my info in the mail but was told that since I was not taking DME from MCO I would not receive any confirmation (no booklet or letter). Is this right?

If so, should I touch base at the RAC when I arrive at WDW to make sure they know I'll need a ride to MCO that week?

Thanks
You'll be just fine.

But don't bother touching base with the RAC desk. They have nothing to do with DME. the two are totally separate. The people working the RAC desk are not even Disney cast members, they're employees of a sub-contractor called BAGS Inc. The RAC desk simply has NO information about Disney's Magical Express, period.

If you want to touch base, do so at the resort's front desk.

The fact is, you don't need any paperwork at this point. On the day before your departure day, you'll receive a letter with your assigned DME bus time ... this will be all the paperwork you'll need.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #1212
trooper1917
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
You'll be just fine.

But don't bother touching base with the RAC desk. They have nothing to do with DME. the two are totally separate. The people working the RAC desk are not even Disney cast members, they're employees of a sub-contractor called BAGS Inc. The RAC desk simply has NO information about Disney's Magical Express, period.

Thank you. I feel better.
Does the RAC have a list of people who are flying out that day or do they simply check you in via the airlines website with the info you provide them that morning?
Old 11-03-2010, 07:49 AM   #1213
CleveRocks

Quote:
Thank you. I feel better.
Does the RAC have a list of people who are flying out that day or do they simply check you in via the airlines website with the info you provide them that morning?
They use the airlines' databases. It's exactly like using curnside check-in at the airport. At the airport, the skycaps don't have a list of who's flying out that day, and it's the same at WDW.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:01 AM   #1214
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
They use the airlines' databases. It's exactly like using curnside check-in at the airport. At the airport, the skycaps don't have a list of who's flying out that day, and it's the same at WDW.
Just to add to what CleveRocks wrote:

There's one big difference between RAC skycaps and airport skycaps (in addition to where they're located). RAC skycaps check for eligibility to use RAC. They only provide the RAC service to guests who were staying at the Disney resort where that RAC counter podium is located. (At least, they've always looked me up when I've used RAC.) That makes sense because Disney is undoubtedly paying a fair amount to have the RAC service provided to Disney resort guests.

I only mention this so that nobody thinks they can wonder over from a non-Disney-operated hotel and use RAC.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #1215
betmust
Mouseketeer

I have a question and hope someone can answer.
Where can I find out which resorts participate in this.
I will be staying at Fort Wilderness in a cabin. I have a rental car so do not need Magic express. When I am leaving can check in my luggage and let them take it to the airport and print out my boarding pass?
My flight will be a 10am so I know I will have to have my luggage there by 7am. Does anyone know if Ft. Wilderness participates in this?

Thanks for any info...

Bette
betmust is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: