Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2010, 06:54 AM   #1141
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by merepoppins View Post
Is there any updated information or rumor of Allegiant air offering resort check in at Disney resorts now that they fly into MCO? Is there any way to find out this information other than to stay posted to the Disboards? Thanks for your help!
Nope. The best way is to watch here...we tend to get the word first. I doubt we'll see the smaller airlines become 'participating' airlines soon. But, I've been wrong before.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #1142
rosanne91
Mouseketeer

I am crossing my fingers that SW will be up and running at CBR soon!!!

1986 Off Site
1987 Off Site
1988 Off Site
1990 OFF Site
2004 All Star Music
2006 All Star Music
2007 Pop Centry
2008 Pop Century
2009 Caribbean Beach
2010 All Star Music, Caribbean Beach

2012 Caribbean Beach
2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Christmas 2013 Pop Century
rosanne91 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2010, 09:48 PM   #1143
Joeeo11
Earning My Ears

Up Date On Souhtwest Airlines????

Going September 29, Hope Southwest is going to CBR by then....
Joeeo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #1144
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeeo11 View Post
Going September 29, Hope Southwest is going to CBR by then....
Just to clarify, on your arrival day your luggage will be automatically delivered to your room at CBR. It's on your departure day that it'll matter. Currently, SWA is not part of Resort Airline Check-in at CBR. Resort Airline Check-in is the service you use on your LAST day to go back home.

But on your arrival day, your first day, your luggage will automatically be transfered from your airplane to your CBR room, as long as you have a DME tag on each bag.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:10 AM   #1145
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

A couple of posters have said there is no evidence Disney has started to expand the luggage area at CBR.

Posters who are flying SW, and who want to use RAC, might consider one of the other moderate resorts. Tell Disney why you're making the change.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #1146
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe for those flying Southwest and staying in CBR (which includes me in about 5 weeks), you can at least have guest services check you in for your flight and print your boardring passes 24 hours before your departing flight, and you can still use DME to get to MCO. You just can't use the baggage service.

mcd2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #1147
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe for those flying Southwest and staying in CBR (which includes me in about 5 weeks), you can at least have guest services check you in for your flight and print your boardring passes 24 hours before your departing flight, and you can still use DME to get to MCO. You just can't use the baggage service.
Correct. The only thing you can't do is use Resort Airline Check-in, which is used ONLY for the way home. RAC is exactly like curbside check-in at the airport, only it's in your resort's lobby instead.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #1148
Nebraska_Disney
Mouseketeer

I have "elite" status on United and can check bags for free. When I am returning and checking my bags, will the RAC be able to know that I don't pay for checking my luggage?

If this has been answered previously, I am sorry for the repeat.

Brian
Nebraska_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:40 PM   #1149
akozlosk
Earning My Ears

My flight leaves Orlando for the West Coast at 7:00 am. Does this mean that I will not be able to use the DME? Should I use a taxi in that cast or Mears? August 3rd, (a Tuesday) is the day I return home. My rotten DD25 and ND23 have 8 extra hours in parks as they are flying to Chicago instead!
Old 07-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #1150
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebraska_Disney View Post
I have "elite" status on United and can check bags for free. When I am returning and checking my bags, will the RAC be able to know that I don't pay for checking my luggage?
RAC should know because they have visibility to the airlines' computer systems.

To be on the safe side, bring your United Mileage Plus elite frequent flyer card. To be on the even safer side, print off the page from United's website that says you're entitled to two bags without baggage fees. You probably won't need the card or printout.

Last edited by Horace Horsecollar; 07-23-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Horace Horsecollar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #1151
akozlosk
Earning My Ears

Found DME Answer!

I just called the DME # and talked to a great cast member named Sally! She took down my info for return flight to California and said that DME would pick me up even though flight leaves at 6:55 AM! I also told her that my girls would be on a different flight that leaves later in the day and she said that was not a problem! I'm impressed! Princess Cruises could learn something from Disney's Customer Service/Cast Memebers! LOL!
5 DAYS AND COUNTING!
Old 07-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #1152
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by akozlosk View Post
My flight leaves Orlando for the West Coast at 7:00 am. Does this mean that I will not be able to use the DME? Should I use a taxi in that cast or Mears? August 3rd, (a Tuesday) is the day I return home.
You can use DME. Your pickup time will be between 3:45 and 4:15 AM. You should be at your resort's DME pickup location 10 to 15 minutes before then.

You will not be able to use RAC because RAC doesn't open early enough for you to check in 3 hours before your flight.

Your DME driver will stow your bags on the coach. (A tip is appropriate when the driver returns your bags to you at the airport.)

With a taxi, you could get an extra 30 minutes or so of sleep. But that doesn't seem worth $50 or so plus tip. There is no advantage to booking a paid Mears reservation.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:12 PM   #1153
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by akozlosk View Post
My flight leaves Orlando for the West Coast at 7:00 am. Does this mean that I will not be able to use the DME? Should I use a taxi in that cast or Mears? August 3rd, (a Tuesday) is the day I return home. My rotten DD25 and ND23 have 8 extra hours in parks as they are flying to Chicago instead!

jmho but with a flight that early I would stay at the Hyatt MCO. They offer AAA and Costco discounts. Airport security is about 100' from the Hyatt's elevators.
Just find and give DME a different flight # for the evening before that departs approx 3 hrs after you'd like to be picked up at your resort. You don't have to prove that you're booked on that flight and it doesn't even have to be flying to your home airport.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #1154
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
Just find and give DME a different flight # for the evening before that departs approx 3 hrs after you'd like to be picked up at your resort. You don't have to prove that you're booked on that flight and it doesn't even have to be flying to your home airport.
You don't even need to do that. You can just call DME (866-599-0951) and tell then exactly what you're going and they'll let you pick your own bus time. There's no need to cook up a fantasy flight and tell a white lie.

You say they don't check to see if you're booked on a flight or where it's flying. They don't check because it doesn't matter! There is NO requirement that you fly at all! All that matters is that you're named on the reservation at a Disney owned-and-operated resort and you want a ride back to the airport from that resort on or before your check-out date.

But NEVER call the main 407-W-DISNEY number with this truth-telling. Most of the representatives will probably incorrectly tell you that you can't use DME unless you're flying that day. But if you call DME directly, you'll be just fine ... you won't have to be creative, you won't need to search for a fake flight, etc.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #1155
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
You don't even need to do that. You can just call DME (866-599-0951) and tell then exactly what you're going and they'll let you pick your own bus time. There's no need to cook up a fantasy flight and tell a white lie.

You say they don't check to see if you're booked on a flight or where it's flying. They don't check because it doesn't matter! There is NO requirement that you fly at all! All that matters is that you're named on the reservation at a Disney owned-and-operated resort and you want a ride back to the airport from that resort on or before your check-out date.

But NEVER call the main 407-W-DISNEY number with this truth-telling. Most of the representatives will probably incorrectly tell you that you can't use DME unless you're flying that day. But if you call DME directly, you'll be just fine ... you won't have to be creative, you won't need to search for a fake flight, etc.

ahhhhh.... I was just following advice from another diser. We did all that when checking out of WL pre cruise and needed to rent a car from MCO to drive to port.
Nice to know for future reference. Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: