Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #1111
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
Will they be adding SWA to DCL anytime soon?
Gosh, I sure hope so! Wouldn't that be great to use Onboard Checkin with SWA. Would be worth paying for EBCI!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:15 PM   #1112
leebee
DIS Veteran

Is this possible...

It looks like we might be flying to FL a day earlier than planned, and arriving at a gawd-awful time (quarter past midnight). Is it possible for us to stay at a cheap (priceline) airport hotel and take DME to POP the next day? Maybe tell DME that we would be arriving at 10 am the next day on flight xyz and that we would handle our own bags. That way we could shuttle from the airport hotel to the terminal and take DME to POP.

Gotta go to bed
leebee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2010, 05:26 AM   #1113
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Absolutely okay....many do just that when arriving late at night. Give DME any old flight info for a flight that arrives in the morning. Then, after a decent night's sleep, grab your bags and head over to the airport and the DME counter. Your bags will go underneath the bus you are riding on. Very easy.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #1114
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebee View Post
It looks like we might be flying to FL a day earlier than planned, and arriving at a gawd-awful time (quarter past midnight). Is it possible for us to stay at a cheap (priceline) airport hotel and take DME to POP the next day? Maybe tell DME that we would be arriving at 10 am the next day on flight xyz and that we would handle our own bags. That way we could shuttle from the airport hotel to the terminal and take DME to POP.

Gotta go to bed
I would try to get the Hyatt MCO on Hotwire if possible. No shuttle at all, right inside the terminal about 50 steps from security. So easy and convenient. They'll even fetch your bags from baggage claim for a small fee if you're really tired. Maybe $10 I think.
Hyatt is the only 4* in the 'MCO area' that has a Tripadvisor rating of 4.5. Any other TA rating is not the Hyatt.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #1115
christiemarsh88
CP--Fall 2009 Merchandise

Here's a question for you guys:

I am flying into Orlando in a couple of weeks on Allegiant, will be staying at an All Star Resort, and plan on using Magical Express. I have a couple of friends who will be flying in from other parts of the country, and we will all be sharing a room. Can you book Magical Express for multiple flights for one room? And how exactly does Magical Express work? Will there be one shuttle that we have to catch, or will they come on a schedule and we can just get one whenever? Will we all need to be on the same shuttle, or can we meet up at the room?

Thanks for any help!

christiemarsh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #1116
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiemarsh88 View Post
Here's a question for you guys:

I am flying into Orlando in a couple of weeks on Allegiant, will be staying at an All Star Resort, and plan on using Magical Express. I have a couple of friends who will be flying in from other parts of the country, and we will all be sharing a room. Can you book Magical Express for multiple flights for one room? And how exactly does Magical Express work? Will there be one shuttle that we have to catch, or will they come on a schedule and we can just get one whenever? Will we all need to be on the same shuttle, or can we meet up at the room?

Thanks for any help!
As long as everyone is listed on a resort reservation, they get to ride the DME bus. If someone is not listed on the room reservation, they will not be allowed on the bus.

So....assuming all of you are listed on the room reservation (and you have given the info to whomever you booked your stay with...they will add everyone to the DME part)...when you get your packet with the DME info, vouchers for the buses, and yellow luggage tags for your checked bags (one per person), you should see a voucher and a luggage tag for each person listed on the room reservation. It is going to be up to whomever got the info packet to get the luggage tags to everyone else. Otherwise, the luggage will go directly to baggage claim and you either get it yourself and bring it to the bus, or give DME CMs a description of the bags and they take care of getting them for you.
You will be directed to the appropriate bus line for the AllStar resorts. There is no 'set time' but rather you just get in line and get on the next bus that comes. Which means that if you all arrive at different times, you can wait, in the lounge area by DME, for everyone to get there, and then checkin together and take the same bus. Or, you can just get on the bus when you get there and you can all meet up at the resort...either way is good.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #1117
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Can you book Magical Express for multiple flights for one room?
Yes. When Disney designed DME, they knew that family members or friends on the same room reservation might arrive at different times, on different airlines, from different cities, and even on different days on or after check-in day. So each person on a room reservation should have his or her own flight information on the DME reservation record. This also applies to departure, except that the date must be on or before check-out day.

The bag routing tags will all be sent to one person, who will then need to re-mail some of them to the other travelers.

The main thing is that every DME passenger must be listed on the room reservation and must have an advance DME reservation.

Quote:
And how exactly does Magical Express work? Will there be one shuttle that we have to catch, or will they come on a schedule and we can just get one whenever? Will we all need to be on the same shuttle, or can we meet up at the room?
DME motorcoaches leave often, with each one serving 3 or 4 resorts. You just check in at the DME counter (or you may even be sent directly to a boarding queue). The actual dispatch times are dynamic, based on actual demand. It's unusual to wait more than a half hour for dispatch, and it's not uncommon to be dispatched much sooner.

You won't necessarily be on the next motorcoach departure. You'll on the next motorcoach departure that includes your resort.

Each member of your party could be on a different motorcoach. Or you could also choose to wait at the airport until you all arrive and then take the same motorcoach, but it's probably more fun to meet at the resort.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #1118
Mlissa88
A little song...a little dance... a little seltzer down your pants

I'm sure I'm repeating a question that others have asked but I couldn't find in as I was paging through....

If we make a DVC reservation and two of the people on our room reservation for 5 want to use magical express....can they use it even if we don't?

My husband, son and I will be driving but my inlaws will be flying....can they use ME?
Mlissa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #1119
Horace Horsecollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlissa88 View Post
If we make a DVC reservation and two of the people on our room reservation for 5 want to use magical express....can they use it even if we don't?

My husband, son and I will be driving but my inlaws will be flying....can they use ME?
Yes.

In this regard, DME is very flexible. DME is available to every guest who is listed on a room reservation, but not everyone has to use it. Also, it's available roundtrip or one-way. And not everyone has to travel on the same flights of even on the same days.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #1120
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlissa88 View Post
I'm sure I'm repeating a question that others have asked but I couldn't find in as I was paging through....

You should be able to bring up the DME page at the DVC site. There, you should be able to list the people who will be using DME..coming and going. Just list the names of those who will be on the bus, their flight info..both ways.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #1121
matt314hew
Mouseketeer

I have a question.

We are flying into Orlando from Pittsburgh and will be using the DME. The last time we used it, we had to get our own luggage but I was reading that they will get the luggage for us and put it on the bus for us. Has anyone done this? and How does it work?
Disney Dad's Club Member #471
Disney Trips:
1992 - First trip, Not sure where I stayed; 2001 - Band Trip, All Star Music; 2005 - Parents 30th Anniversary, All Star Music; 2008 - Work Trip, Fort Wilderness Cabins; 2010 - 1st Anniversary, Port Orleans FQ
2015 - Parents 40th anniversay, both DS's first trips.
matt314hew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #1122
nemofans
DIS Veteran

It doesn't go on the bus you will be on. All the luggage will be picked up & brought to WDW. Then they drop the luggage off at the corresponding resorts. Your luggage will show up in your room at least 3 hrs after you check in. If there's something you will need right away, make sure you put it in your carry on so you have it.

I've been BOO'd!!

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 71 out of 85
nemofans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #1123
Horace Horsecollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314hew View Post
The last time we used it, we had to get our own luggage but I was reading that they will get the luggage for us and put it on the bus for us. Has anyone done this? and How does it work?
You only had to get your own luggage if you arrived after 10:00 p.m. (and only since that relatively new rule went into effect).

Your bags will not be "put on the bus" for you. They'll travel on a truck.

Here's how it works:
  1. If you have a DME reservation, Disney will send yellow baggage routing tags to you several weeks before your flight as part of a DME packet.
  2. Before you go to the airport, attach a tag to the handle of each bag you plan to check.
  3. When packing, pack carry-ons with anything you'll want to have right away when you arrive at WDW, along with the usual fragile items, valuables, and medicines.
  4. Check your bags at your home airport, as you normally would. The airline will attach an additional luggage routing tag to each bag (destination MCO).
  5. When you arrive at Orlando International, skip baggage claim and head directly to DME. (There will be instructions in your DME packet.)
  6. Meanwhile, your airline will unload the plane and transfer DME-tagged bags to Disney. They'll be sorted, put onto a truck, and turned over to bell services at your resort.
  7. Check-in at your resort.
  8. Go to your room (if it's ready), change clothes if you wish (aren't you glad you packed a carry-on?), and go out and have fun.
  9. Your bags will be delivered to your room some time after you check in. Disney says to allow up to 3 hours (not "at least 3 hrs after you check in"). You don't have to be in your room because DME includes the inbound bellman tip.

It's a great system.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #1124
dvcfamily41801
Has realized you can NEVER have too many DVC points
Would love to be a teachers assistant in an elementary school
Florida Project station takes me to my Happy Place

I have a couple of questions.

We have used DME numerous times but we have always picked up our luggage and brought with us on the bus. I am always so afraid of a suitcase or two not making it. I am trying to convince myself to try just going with it and head right to the bus....so I guess my question is...the only way I would know that a piece of luggage did not make it would be when we got to our room? Like there is no list of guests on a particular flight and how many bags would be picked up correct that they could notify you? I know it sounds stupid, but I am just a nervous wreck between the flight as it is and then the worry of missing luggage.

Second...we have a car rental arranged to be picked up at the Dolphin. We are staying at Kidani for the first half of our stay adn then switching to Boardwalk. Is it possible that one of us could take a Boardwalk DME bus from MCO when we land and the other two go to check in at Kidani or would that not be allowed since we do not have a reservation checking in that day at Boardwalk?

And last...since we are switching resorts, I had to make 2 DME reservations. I received all our paperwork for the arrival, but not the departure. Should I be worried?

Thanks so much!
Old 06-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #1125
matt314hew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar View Post
You only had to get your own luggage if you arrived after 10:00 p.m. (and only since that relatively new rule went into effect).

Your bags will not be "put on the bus" for you. They'll travel on a truck.

Here's how it works:
  1. If you have a DME reservation, Disney will send yellow baggage routing tags to you several weeks before your flight as part of a DME packet.
  2. Before you go to the airport, attach a tag to the handle of each bag you plan to check.
  3. When packing, pack carry-ons with anything you'll want to have right away when you arrive at WDW, along with the usual fragile items, valuables, and medicines.
  4. Check your bags at your home airport, as you normally would. The airline will attach an additional luggage routing tag to each bag (destination MCO).
  5. When you arrive at Orlando International, skip baggage claim and head directly to DME. (There will be instructions in your DME packet.)
  6. Meanwhile, your airline will unload the plane and transfer DME-tagged bags to Disney. They'll be sorted, put onto a truck, and turned over to bell services at your resort.
  7. Check-in at your resort.
  8. Go to your room (if it's ready), change clothes if you wish (aren't you glad you packed a carry-on?), and go out and have fun.
  9. Your bags will be delivered to your room some time after you check in. Disney says to allow up to 3 hours (not "at least 3 hrs after you check in"). You don't have to be in your room because DME includes the inbound bellman tip.

It's a great system.
Thanks, I was really curious on how it worked. My flight gets in at 8:10 PM, so we will be in the room. I am just hoping that we get our luggage quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
It doesn't go on the bus you will be on. All the luggage will be picked up & brought to WDW. Then they drop the luggage off at the corresponding resorts. Your luggage will show up in your room at least 3 hrs after you check in. If there's something you will need right away,
make sure you put it in your carry on so you have it.
We always pack an extra pair of clothes in our carry-on, so that we have it incase, along with medications we need and other stuff.
Disney Dad's Club Member #471
Disney Trips:
1992 - First trip, Not sure where I stayed; 2001 - Band Trip, All Star Music; 2005 - Parents 30th Anniversary, All Star Music; 2008 - Work Trip, Fort Wilderness Cabins; 2010 - 1st Anniversary, Port Orleans FQ
2015 - Parents 40th anniversay, both DS's first trips.
matt314hew is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: