Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2006, 07:55 PM   #91
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by egroegsacul
I booked our upcoming trip and opted for using ME. I gave the cast member my flight information. We are flying in and leaving on Southwest. Received our incoming luggage tags 7-10 days later. Then, about two days later, I received outbound luggage tags for Southwest. Is this correct since Southwest is not a participating airline and do we still give all of our bags to bell services until our time to be picked up? Will our bags travel with us on the return to MCO or will they be sent seperately? I would understand if we didn't receive return luggage tags, but we did ...

Thanks in advance.
A coupla thoughts:

1) If you received something from the airline (ANY airline), it has nothing to do with DME. Period. Even people who are using DME and flying a "participating" airline don't receive any type of luggage tags for their return home.

2) Please post again and describe the second set of tags for us. Maybe someone reading your description can help identify what it is you're talking about. Maybe you should also describe the first set of tags you received. A lot of people receive the hard plastic WDW luggage tags, the ones with the blank business-card size paper behind a plastic sleeve, and incorrectly think these are the DME luggage tags. Those are not DME luggage tags. The DME luggage tags are yellow sticky paper, are pre-printed with all kinds of identifying information, and are bound into your DME booklet.

There are people here willing to help, so please respond.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:31 PM   #92
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

I'm wondering if they are the new redesigned DME (inbound) luggage tags...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2006, 12:28 PM   #93
egroegsacul
Earning My Ears

The tags I received are DME tags with our departing flight information on them (pretty sure, they're at home and I'm at work). I'll have to verify the information on them when I get home, but they are Definately DME tags (the yellow sticky tags that came with the DME booklet). I received two DME packets, one incoming and one outbound about two days apart.

Last edited by egroegsacul; 04-18-2006 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Additional info.
egroegsacul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:15 PM   #94
Philadisney
In the Name of Epcot
Sometimes when I shower, I have to stare at the drain just in case a spooky clown starts climbing up it
Carries the chicken in style

Quote:
Originally Posted by egroegsacul
The tags I received are DME tags with our departing flight information on them (pretty sure, they're at home and I'm at work). I'll have to verify the information on them when I get home, but they are Definately DME tags (the yellow sticky tags that came with the DME booklet). I received two DME packets, one incoming and one outbound about two days apart.
i booked DME in January for our May trip....still haven't gotten anything in the mail. Should I be worried? Who should I call about this??
Nov '09: SS Aug '08: WL/BC May '06: POFQ March '05: CSR July '04: POR/Wonder cruise Fall 2002: College Program at Vista Way! (EPCOT) Nov '93, July '00, Nov '06: DL offsite July '88, July '90, April '97, July '06, March '09: WDW offsite

Philadisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:35 PM   #95
Magical JenK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust93
The last time we were at WL in June, we were able to check our bags and get our airline passes at the resort but used our rental car to get back to the airport. Is that still possible? We are going at the end of March.
I had this same question for our trip in September. I see the answer is yes, however I do have one other question...does DME need to know that I want to use the airline check-in/bag check? Or said another way, I told my TA that we won't be using the DME for our departure. Should I tell her we are? Does it make a difference? Does my question even make sense???? (DME First Timer)

Please advise.
Jen
Off site September 1983 Off site February 1993 Caribbean Beach April 2004 Port Orleans French Quarter September 2005 Port Orleans French Quarter September 2006 Coronado Springs Resort September 2007Coronado Springs Resort April 2008Saratoga Springs Resort October 2008Coronado Springs Resort December 2008Polynesian Resort September 2009Contemporary Resort/Tree House Villas October 2009 Polynesian Resort September 2011Polynesian Resort September 2012
Magical JenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:25 PM   #96
egroegsacul
Earning My Ears

OK, I just checked

I just checked both booklets. The first one I received has our arrival info on the "Flight Arrival Information" page. On the departure page it says "No Flight Information Provided". The second booklet I received has "No Flight Information Provided" on the arrival page and our departure information on the departure page. The luggage tags are correct for both respectively. The DME vouchers in the first package have our arrival date and the vouchers in the second package have our departure date.

Curious, huh?
Old 04-18-2006, 10:57 PM   #97
Chameleon
Mouseketeer

Rental Cars and the DME

Can I use the DME to transport my luggage to my room? I want to rent a small car and have the DME take my luggage to my room and also to the airport on the way home. Is this possible?

Thanks
Poly 76, Poly 79, Poly 83, Poly 86, Disneyland Ca 88, Offsite 89, CB 89, CB 91, CB 93, PO 95, Disneyland Paris 96, DXL 97, Disneyland CA 98, PO 98, BW 98, DXL 99, DXL 00, BC 00, OKW 00, HH 01, BWV 01, OKW 02, BCV 02, BWV 02, WLV 02, BC 03, GF 03, BWV 03, PC 04, BC04, Maui ES 05, PC 05, BWV 05, PC 06
Chameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:36 AM   #98
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon
Can I use the DME to transport my luggage to my room? I want to rent a small car and have the DME take my luggage to my room and also to the airport on the way home. Is this possible?

Thanks
No. DME was not designed to be a luggage transfer service. If you don't use DME yourself, there is no telling if your bags will get to the resort. Evidently, from what we have heard, your voucher is scanned when you board the bus. This is what tells the baggage people that you are there and releases your bags. If you want to rent a car, then someone from your party must use the bus.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:38 AM   #99
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical JenK
I had this same question for our trip in September. I see the answer is yes, however I do have one other question...does DME need to know that I want to use the airline check-in/bag check? Or said another way, I told my TA that we won't be using the DME for our departure. Should I tell her we are? Does it make a difference? Does my question even make sense???? (DME First Timer)

Please advise.
Jen
I'm assuming that you want to use the bag check-in for your return to the airport at the end of your vacation. Yes, you can do that. This, technically, isn't part of DME. If you were planning on using the bus for your return to the airport, then, yes..you would have to let DME know. But not if you are just going to check your luggage through.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:05 AM   #100
Magical JenK
DIS Veteran

Great! Thanks Diane! Yes, I would just use it to check our luggage & airline check-in for our return flight since NWA is now part of the DME program. We are using DME to arrive at the resort, but will have a rental car to get us to the airport for our return flight.
So I can just check-in for our flight home & check our baggage at the resort, leave it for the DME to bring to the airport & the next I'll see our luggage is when we land? And just to confirm, since we will have already checked-in at the resort for our flight, once we arrive at the airport, we can just go right through security. No need to go to the NWA counter, correct?
Last question, when checking in for the flight at the resort, how early can you do that (check-in)? Our flight is at 530pm & we are going to the parks before. Hoping I can do the flight check-in & baggage check when we check-out of our resort???
Thanks
Jen
Off site September 1983 Off site February 1993 Caribbean Beach April 2004 Port Orleans French Quarter September 2005 Port Orleans French Quarter September 2006 Coronado Springs Resort September 2007Coronado Springs Resort April 2008Saratoga Springs Resort October 2008Coronado Springs Resort December 2008Polynesian Resort September 2009Contemporary Resort/Tree House Villas October 2009 Polynesian Resort September 2011Polynesian Resort September 2012
Old 04-19-2006, 02:19 PM   #101
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Hi Jen.....I can't tell you exactly how early you can do the bag check/airline check-in. I have always had a morning flight. But you shouldn't have any problem checking in with the airline people at the resort when you are checking out of the resort. I believe their desk opens at 5 a.m. Just a side note...your bags are not transported via DME...it is a service basically provided by those 'pariticipating' airlines. You deal directly with TSA (or whatever they're called) right at the resort. The bags may go back to the airport via the DME truck but I can't say for sure.
And yes, once you have checked your luggage at your resort, you can just go directly to the security lines...no need to stop at the airline counter. I just love being able to do that!!!
Old 04-19-2006, 03:19 PM   #102
Magical JenK
DIS Veteran

Diane-
Oh that's wonderful to know! I understand now! Thanks so much! It will be so nice to get that all done before we go to the parks for our last few hours!! :0( And how nice to not drag around our luggage through the airport! That's awesome! Thanks again! What would I do w/o the DIS boards?!
Jen
Old 04-19-2006, 04:54 PM   #103
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

12 hours before your flight is the maximum you can use Resort Airline Check-In.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:16 PM   #104
Magical JenK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley
12 hours before your flight is the maximum you can use Resort Airline Check-In.
Great! Thanks Carol! We should be just fine then!!
Jen
Old 04-19-2006, 08:08 PM   #105
emmabelle
I better watch out or my tag will say "She's some kind of a loserbag!"

I just booked my flights with Southwest and plan to use ME for the arrival, we don't need it for the departure because will be on DCL. My guestion is that our flight gets in at 10:00am, will the Beach Club just put our luggage in storage if the room isn't ready when it arrives?

2003-CBR, 2004-Swan, 2006-BC, 2006-BWI, 2007-WL, 2008-BWI, 2009-BC, 2010-BWI, 2011-YC, 2011-BWV, 2012-BLT, 2013-BC, 2013-YC, 2014-GF
emmabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: