Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #1006
pinkerbell
FREE DDP 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
Did this actually start at the all stars?
Summer 87 Magic Kingdom College Program, 4 93, 4 94 and 3 95, 3 & 10 96, 10 98, 5 99, 10 01, 10 02, 10 04 & 10 05 off property 5 05 and 10 06 ASSports 9 07, 9 08 & 9 09 ASMo, POR 2 10, POP 4 10 and ASMo 9 10, ASMo 9 11, Dolphin 2 12, POP 4 12, AoA 9 12, Dolphin 1 13, POP 4 13 Dolphin 1 14 POP 4 14
pinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:35 AM   #1007
cindy2939
Mouseketeer

Okay, have a few questions about DME. We are all taking Carry-on luggage only - Do I still make a reservation to use it? We are going the first week in May 2010 - When do I call to make the reservation? Also who am I calling exactly? Sorry for probably dumb questions......
All Star Sport - 11/00
Disneyland- 4/08
cindy2939 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2009, 07:15 AM   #1008
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy2939 View Post
Okay, have a few questions about DME. We are all taking Carry-on luggage only - Do I still make a reservation to use it? We are going the first week in May 2010 - When do I call to make the reservation? Also who am I calling exactly? Sorry for probably dumb questions......
DME is 2 things, the bus ride and the luggage delivery. If you want to ride the bus (regardless of luggage), it is required that you make a reservation. It is in Disney's contract with the airport authority that they are not permitted to transport guests who don't have a reservation.

Did you make your Disney resort reservation yet? If you didn't, simply make your DME reservation when you make your resort reservation. If you did already make your resot reservation, call 407-W-DISNEY if you booked it yourself, or contact your travel agent if you used one. There's no reason to wait to make the DME reservation ... you can make it even if you haven't planned your flights yet ... you can just inform DIsney of your flight info at a later time.

DME has a direct phone number (866-599-0951) but they won't be able to "see" your resort reservation until 60 days before your trip [you need a resort reservation in order to make a DME reservation], so if your trip is in May 2010 the direct DME phone number is of no use to you just yet.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:17 AM   #1009
nuttylawprofessor
Green is edgyWhat kinds of goodies have people found so far?
I keep my mickey hidden

Has United started charging bag fees for bags checked through RAC?

TIA
nuttylawprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:32 AM   #1010
yellownovawife
Was Belle on the Global Girls Team and a Great Teamleader

Southwest in February

We are travelling Southwest Air - Feb. 2010. Anyone know if they will be a participating airline by then?
1998 - land & sea -Contemporary and Disney Magic
2002 - WDW - off property - DD#2's 1st trip
2003 - WDW - one day only (in the middle of a cruise)
2007 - WDW -Sheraton Vistana - 4 days-Disney Wonder - 4 nights-ASMo - 1 night

2010 - WDW-BWV 7 nights
me - the happy planner DH - along for the ride DD15 DD10 our puppy, DISNEY

yellownovawife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #1011
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellownovawife View Post
We are travelling Southwest Air - Feb. 2010. Anyone know if they will be a participating airline by then?
Nobody knows. They are already participating at POP and the AllStars. As time goes by, perhaps they will add other resorts to their lineup. But, the good news is that it doesn't matter what airline you fly into MCO on....you get your luggage handled and a ride on the bus to your resort. And you just have to handle your own luggage for the ride back to MCO if flying home on SW, at the moment. Not a huge deal....I do it all the time.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:49 AM   #1012
yellownovawife

So we do not have toclaim it at MCO and bring it to the ME bus?

2010 - WDW-BWV 7 nights

Old 11-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #1013
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellownovawife View Post
So we do not have toclaim it at MCO and bring it to the ME bus?
No..of course not. 'Participating' only applies to those wishing to use RAC (remote airline checkin) to check their bags at the resort on their departure day.
Everyone, even if they arrive at MCO on a yak, is entitled to ride the DME bus from MCO to their resort and have DME move their bags from the plane to the resort...the only stipulation is that you must be staying in a WDW owned resort, on the day of your arrival. Those flying in internationally may have different rules but I'm just not sure of those.
So...just tag those checked bags with the yellow DME luggage tags and forget about them until you get to your resort. BUT....if you are arriving after 10pm, you can't use the luggage delivery service. They have shut it down between 10pm and 7am. Any bags that have been tagged, that arrive after 10pm, will just sit at MCO until the next morning.

Hope that helps!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #1014
yellownovawife

yes - so helpful! We are driving to Buffalo to fly out so we will not be considered International. I am really glad we get the delivery service at least one way! I will just have to make sure we have everything with us we may need for our trek around Downtown Disney while we wait for our luggage!

2010 - WDW-BWV 7 nights

Old 11-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #1015
HappyCamperToo
Fish gotta fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Nobody knows. They are already participating at POP and the AllStars. As time goes by, perhaps they will add other resorts to their lineup. But, the good news is that it doesn't matter what airline you fly into MCO on....you get your luggage handled and a ride on the bus to your resort. And you just have to handle your own luggage for the ride back to MCO if flying home on SW, at the moment. Not a huge deal....I do it all the time.
I was told today that Southwest was not a participating airline. I'm staying at POP. Did the CM give me wrong information?
HappyCamperToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:48 PM   #1016
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamperToo View Post
I was told today that Southwest was not a participating airline. I'm staying at POP. Did the CM give me wrong information?
Yep, you got bad info. Participating only matters when leaving the resort. You can't check your bags at the resort level and get your boarding passes issued if you aren't flying a 'participating' airline. That is the RAC program....remote airline checkin. it does not matter one whit how you get to MCO,...everyone is entitled to use DME..both the bus ride and luggage delivery. Just put your yellow luggage tags on your checked bags, and send your bags off. When you get to MCO, go directly down to level 1 and head to DME checkin,. your bags will be grabbed by DME personel and delivered to POP.
In any case...POP is participating in SW's RAC trial. So you should be able to check your bags right at the resort.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #1017
HappyCamperToo
Fish gotta fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Yep, you got bad info. Participating only matters when leaving the resort. You can't check your bags at the resort level and get your boarding passes issued if you aren't flying a 'participating' airline. That is the RAC program....remote airline checkin. it does not matter one whit how you get to MCO,...everyone is entitled to use DME..both the bus ride and luggage delivery. Just put your yellow luggage tags on your checked bags, and send your bags off. When you get to MCO, go directly down to level 1 and head to DME checkin,. your bags will be grabbed by DME personel and delivered to POP.
In any case...POP is participating in SW's RAC trial. So you should be able to check your bags right at the resort.
Thanks. In the interim since I posted I called WDW again and was told the SAME thing--that POP is not available for RAC. That I'd have to handle my own bags on the way home. Weird. He said that in the past , some guests have been able to participate, but not all guests and it's random. Very weird.
HappyCamperToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #1018
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamperToo View Post
Thanks. In the interim since I posted I called WDW again and was told the SAME thing--that POP is not available for RAC. That I'd have to handle my own bags on the way home. Weird. He said that in the past , some guests have been able to participate, but not all guests and it's random. Very weird.
Very strange indeed. AllStars have been added to the 'trial' RAC system as well. I have yet to hear of anyone at POP not being able to use RAC as of the moment. But, that's what happens when you call WDW....no telling how much actual good knowledge any given CM is going to have. And that's really too bad.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #1019
spaddy
I swear he would make us ride that over and over

Can you bring your bags over to Pop or the AllStars to check your bags if you are not staying there? We are staying at Caribbean Beach and I am concerned that all of our luggage will not fit into our rental car. Also, do you have to be signed up for ME to use the luggage service? I am not trying to break any rules, just wondering what the rules are.

Thanks.
spaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #1020
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaddy View Post
Can you bring your bags over to Pop or the AllStars to check your bags if you are not staying there? We are staying at Caribbean Beach and I am concerned that all of our luggage will not fit into our rental car. Also, do you have to be signed up for ME to use the luggage service? I am not trying to break any rules, just wondering what the rules are.

Thanks.
No, you can only use the RAC counter at the resort you are staying at. You will be asked to show resort ID before using RAC.
The luggage service, RAC (remote airline checkin) is not tied to DME. You can use it if you are returning to MCO on the DME bus, by rental car or by towncar service..it doesn't matter. You just have to be flying on a 'participating' airline.
I imagine that you must have used DME to get to your resort and then rented a car..otherwise your luggage should be fine, if you had rented a car at MCO.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: