Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2009, 11:16 AM   #931
mickeyoverload
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if pak-n-plays are considered part of your checked baggage if you are flying SW?
Old 06-11-2009, 11:30 AM   #932
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I would imagine so. I know you can gate check a stroller but a pak n play isn't the same thing at all. That would count as a piece of checked luggage. Each passenger gets two pieces checked free with SW.
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #933
ILoveMagic
DIS Veteran

question. I posted this on the board, and found this thread after so bear with me........ Flying Airtan and checking bags. On our way home we can pay over the phone for our bags and the resort luggage check in will take our luggage correct? Will they be able to see that i paid for the luggage right away, or is this something that should be done the day before? Also can someone confirm if this is the number to call? 407-284-1231. Thanks

April 1999 Offsite
April 2006 Pop Century
January 2007 Pop Century
December 2007 Pop Century
December 2008 All star sports (new years eve baseball classic)
July 2009 Pop Century
June 2010 Wilderness Lodge
June 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
June 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge--Girls trip
Me DH DS (16)
ILoveMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:22 AM   #934
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMagic View Post
question. I posted this on the board, and found this thread after so bear with me........ Flying Airtan and checking bags. On our way home we can pay over the phone for our bags and the resort luggage check in will take our luggage correct? Will they be able to see that i paid for the luggage right away, or is this something that should be done the day before? Also can someone confirm if this is the number to call? 407-284-1231. Thanks
The day before you are to leave the resort, you will get a notice from DME telling you what time your pickup is. Also in that notice will be the phone number for BAGS, who you call to pay any checked baggage fees. They will give you a confirmation number, which the folks at the RAC counter will see and realize that you have already paid. I would do it the day before you leave just to be on the safe side.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #935
cyndisue
Earning My Ears

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

One more question

Hello:

My family is planning on using ME for our stay at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. There are only four people on our reservation, but the first few nights we will have 5, as our teenager will be with us over the weekend before heading back to college.

Does your name have to be on the reservation to get on the bus??

Thanks,

Cyndisue
cyndisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #936
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndisue View Post
Hello:

My family is planning on using ME for our stay at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. There are only four people on our reservation, but the first few nights we will have 5, as our teenager will be with us over the weekend before heading back to college.

Does your name have to be on the reservation to get on the bus??

Thanks,

Cyndisue
Yes it does, however, once you arrive at MCO, your son can purchase a RT ticket to the WL on Mears, and will probably ride on the same DME bus that you do.

For the return back to the airport, call Mears 24 hours before his flight and request a pickup. I DO NOT know if Mears independantly will pick up from Disney resorts. They may suggest that he go to the Swan/Dolphin or Shades of Green for his pickup, or once again, he may be able to hop on a DME bus with his Mears ticket from WL.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #937
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Sorry if this has already been answered...
On the way TO the resort, I'm using DME, checking a bag, etc etc.
On the way BACK to the airport, my brother was taking me. I was originally planning on just carrying-on my bag (it's small enough, I'm checking it going down so that I don't have to bother with it) but since I'm flying a particpating airline (JetBlue) I was wondering...can I check it at the resort even though I'm not taking DME to the airport? I know I can't do that going to the resort, just wondering if the same rules apply going the other direction. I'm trying to squeeze as much time out of my stay as possible!!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #938
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Sorry if this has already been answered...
On the way TO the resort, I'm using DME, checking a bag, etc etc.
On the way BACK to the airport, my brother was taking me. I was originally planning on just carrying-on my bag (it's small enough, I'm checking it going down so that I don't have to bother with it) but since I'm flying a particpating airline (JetBlue) I was wondering...can I check it at the resort even though I'm not taking DME to the airport? I know I can't do that going to the resort, just wondering if the same rules apply going the other direction. I'm trying to squeeze as much time out of my stay as possible!!
Yes, you can use Resort Airline Check-in whether or not you're using DME to get back to the airport.

It's confusing ...

From airport to resort, DME does the luggage. But from resort to airport, RAC does the luggage, and RAC and DME are separate things. One really has nothing to do with the other. RAC doesn't care how you get your body back to the airport.

So yes, get rid of your bag at the resort, and have fun with your brother.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:03 PM   #939
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
Yes, you can use Resort Airline Check-in whether or not you're using DME to get back to the airport.

It's confusing ...

From airport to resort, DME does the luggage. But from resort to airport, RAC does the luggage, and RAC and DME are separate things. One really has nothing to do with the other. RAC doesn't care how you get your body back to the airport.

So yes, get rid of your bag at the resort, and have fun with your brother.
Awesome. This also means I can have a little shopping spree and have that as my second carry-on

Thanks. I thought I found the answer, but I was still confused, I appreciate you clearing it up!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #940
Debbie
DIScovering DIS magic
WISHing my way to success!
Thought processes working overboard!
We have YOUR date so book it up!

Online Flight Information

I added our flight information online today. Now.... can I trust that DME will be ordered ...... or do I need to call it in, too, to be sure that I get my DME tags in late July/early August???

šoš Lovin' the mouse from my Canadian house! šoš

offsite-'85
CBR-'90FWHomes-'94FWHomes-'97HIFS/BC-'99Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00ASMu '01Courtyard by Marriott DTD '02Courtyard by Marriott DTD/Coronado Springs '03Wilderness Lodge-Marathon Weekend '05POP with youngest sister '05POP with FREE DINING '06ASMu with DH '07POP with youngest daughter '0825th anniversary trip at Poly '09POR (still Dixie in my heart) with DH '121 night Kidani Village before 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise '13
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #941
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
I added our flight information online today. Now.... can I trust that DME will be ordered ...... or do I need to call it in, too, to be sure that I get my DME tags in late July/early August???
I'm assuming that you already added DME to your reservation, right? That would be why you were able to add flight info. So, I'm going to assume that you are all set....as long as you added DME to your reservation.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #942
hawksc
Earning My Ears

Dme

Our vacation isn't until the end of September - how soon are we supposed to receive the DME packet with the famous yellow tags? We received a booklet w/ our reservation info, but that's it. We did use a TA - would other correspondence/info be sent to her instead?
Thanks!
hawksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #943
Debbie
DIScovering DIS magic
WISHing my way to success!
Thought processes working overboard!
We have YOUR date so book it up!

That makes sense. I had already told them that I would be flying in, and that would be why I could add my flights. sigh Thanks, Diane!

šoš Lovin' the mouse from my Canadian house! šoš

offsite-'85
CBR-'90FWHomes-'94FWHomes-'97HIFS/BC-'99Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00ASMu '01Courtyard by Marriott DTD '02Courtyard by Marriott DTD/Coronado Springs '03Wilderness Lodge-Marathon Weekend '05POP with youngest sister '05POP with FREE DINING '06ASMu with DH '07POP with youngest daughter '0825th anniversary trip at Poly '09POR (still Dixie in my heart) with DH '121 night Kidani Village before 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise '13
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:45 AM   #944
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksc View Post
Our vacation isn't until the end of September - how soon are we supposed to receive the DME packet with the famous yellow tags? We received a booklet w/ our reservation info, but that's it. We did use a TA - would other correspondence/info be sent to her instead?
Thanks!

DME packets are sent around 3-6 weeks before the trip, and they are separate from any other Disney materials. The return address even says "Disney's Magical Express," so you'll know it as soon as you see it!

However, since you booked with a travel agent, ALL mailings from Disney regarding this trip will go directly to her, not to you ... the travel agency "owns" the reservation.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:56 AM   #945
PrincessMom4
DVC member-SSR

I need some guidance for a friend who will be using the DME. She is coming from Canada with Westjet. Once she gets to OIA, what does she need to do?? do they get the luggage from baggage claim for her and load it onto the bus and deliver it to her room?? or does she load it onto the bus herself?? I need some help. This is her first time flying.
ALK-Jambo-August 21-29/11; AKL-Kidani Villas-March 13-17/11;1st DVC trip-Kidani Villas-September 5-11/10; Space Ranger Mission - August 16-22/09;DS4th WDW birthday trip - March14 - 20/09;Pirate adventure-August 26-Sept 2/08;1st family trip-August 23-Sept 1/07
PrincessMom4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: