Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2006, 06:44 PM   #76
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Nope, sorry. Disney's Magical Express is only valid on your arrival and departure dates.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:38 PM   #77
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

IT'S OFFICIAL!

Northwest Airlines is now an official participating airline!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2006, 08:55 AM   #78
dadto1
Mouseketeer

Any news on who the next airline (if there is going to be one) will be to go into testing.

US Air pleaseee
dadto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:34 PM   #79
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadto1
Any news on who the next airline (if there is going to be one) will be to go into testing.

US Air pleaseee
No news!
Old 03-28-2006, 08:13 AM   #80
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
Nope, sorry. Disney's Magical Express is only valid on your arrival and departure dates.
I have stretched it once and taken ME very early the next morning after I've checked out.

Checked out at 1:00 pm (requested and received late checkout), went to the parks and PI till about 1am, went back to my resort, claimed my luggage from storage and took a 2:30 am ME for a 5:30 am flight home.

Technically, you are a resort guest until PI closes the day you check out.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:09 PM   #81
ldb1030
DIS Veteran

This question is probably on here somewhere but can't find it.
So if we don't want to wait for our luggage, we just don't tag them, pick them up ourselves, take them to the bus and they load them for us and then we can get them right away when we get to our resort?

We get in late and don't want to be up waiting for them.

thanks!

Disney Cruises:
July 2000- 4nt Wonder
July 2002- 7nt Magic-eastern
Sept. 2004- 7nt Magic-mystery
July 2006- 7nt Magic-western
June 2009-Eastern with Tortola for DD's graduation!
June 12th, 2011 5nt on DREAM!!
August 10th 2013- Fantasy!
ldb1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:58 PM   #82
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldb1030
This question is probably on here somewhere but can't find it.
So if we don't want to wait for our luggage, we just don't tag them, pick them up ourselves, take them to the bus and they load them for us and then we can get them right away when we get to our resort?

We get in late and don't want to be up waiting for them.

thanks!
I think when you say "if we don't want to wait for our luggage" you're referring to waiting in your resort room and not waiting at baggage claim, right? If that's the case, then you are absolutely correct, if you DO NOT put the yellow DME tags on your checked luggage you CAN get the bags at baggage claim, then bring them to the DME Welcome Center, then have the driver load them on the bus. When you arrive at your resort, the driver will unload your bags for you, and you have them from there. Simple.

The 2 most important things to remember: DON'T put DME tags on your bags; DO go to baggage claim BEFORE you go to the DME Welcome Center.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:16 AM   #83
abner1776
DIS Veteran

If someone is staying on property but flying into Orlando/Sanford airport, can they transfer/limo/cab over to MCO and then get on ME at MCO ? ...and on the return trip can they utilize ME for the trip to MCO ? Obviously, no baggage check in would be involved with ME.
abner1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:49 AM   #84
ldb1030
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks
I think when you say "if we don't want to wait for our luggage" you're referring to waiting in your resort room and not waiting at baggage claim, right? If that's the case, then you are absolutely correct, if you DO NOT put the yellow DME tags on your checked luggage you CAN get the bags at baggage claim, then bring them to the DME Welcome Center, then have the driver load them on the bus. When you arrive at your resort, the driver will unload your bags for you, and you have them from there. Simple.

The 2 most important things to remember: DON'T put DME tags on your bags; DO go to baggage claim BEFORE you go to the DME Welcome Center.
Thank you SO much! Just what I wanted to hear!
One more think, where is the DME Welcome Center from baggage claim?

Disney Cruises:
July 2000- 4nt Wonder
July 2002- 7nt Magic-eastern
Sept. 2004- 7nt Magic-mystery
July 2006- 7nt Magic-western
June 2009-Eastern with Tortola for DD's graduation!
June 12th, 2011 5nt on DREAM!!
August 10th 2013- Fantasy!
ldb1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:40 PM   #85
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abner1776
If someone is staying on property but flying into Orlando/Sanford airport, can they transfer/limo/cab over to MCO and then get on ME at MCO ? ...and on the return trip can they utilize ME for the trip to MCO ? Obviously, no baggage check in would be involved with ME.
Yes... but the savings versus the additional time delays and transfer hassle might not be worth it.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:42 PM   #86
Bambi5826
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy says "HI"! :o)

Wow! Great thread. Thanks to everyone with input. All of my questions were answered, and then some! My mind is at ease now.

Coming Soon:
05/13 2yo DD first WDW trip

Bambi5826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 05:01 PM   #87
almacdonald
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks

Just a little more clarity on this answer please.

If we pick up our own checked baggage (sans yellow tag) at the airport and bring them to the ME check-in desk, the driver will put those bags under the same bus that we are travelling on and when we get to the resort he will take them out from under the bus and give them to us and we will then carry them to our room ourselves?

If the above is correct, who do we tip and who is already covered?

If we bring our own baggage to the ME check-in will it always go on the same bus as us?

If we let magical express do their thing, do they unload luggage at each resort as guests are getting off or do they take it to a central place to sort them out and redistribute.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just really leary about not having my own luggage with me the whole time. I don't wanna be neekid for my whole trip!
almacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:01 PM   #88
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

If you claim your bags as one normally would, it will go on the same bus as you. At the resort, the driver will unload the bags, you will take them with you. It's just like if you were taking a towncar. Except it's a 45 foot towncar. Gratuity is not covered for anyone, so it would be customary to tip anyone who handles your bag. That's at your discretion.

If you DO tag your bags... they will get pulled as soon as the bag comes off the plane. They get taken to a sorting facility (that works much like a UPS sorting facility). The bag will get scanned no less than 5 times, so its location is always known. The bags will be automatically delivered to your room, and you don't need to be there. Gratuity for the bags on this inbound journey is taken care of.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:10 PM   #89
egroegsacul
Earning My Ears

Return trip tags

I booked our upcoming trip and opted for using ME. I gave the cast member my flight information. We are flying in and leaving on Southwest. Received our incoming luggage tags 7-10 days later. Then, about two days later, I received outbound luggage tags for Southwest. Is this correct since Southwest is not a participating airline and do we still give all of our bags to bell services until our time to be picked up? Will our bags travel with us on the return to MCO or will they be sent seperately? I would understand if we didn't receive return luggage tags, but we did ...

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:15 PM   #90
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I've never seen any luggage tags for the return trip to MCO. If you are flying SW, then you will be taking your luggage with you, but they go underneath the bus, for the return to MCO. Bell Services will hold your bags until you claim them for the return trip. I would be curious about any tags that you got for the trip back from your resort to the airport. That's a new one on me.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: