Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2006, 07:29 AM   #61
Rosco'sjamma
Earning My Ears

bagage tags

Goofy4tinks.............

Thank you for your help. I will call today, but I'm not encouraged that the tags will get to me in time. Oh well, it's my own fault for not attending to this earlier
I will keep in mind your suggestions and just hope for the best.

Also, thanks for the "warm welcome" and good wishes. I guess it's pretty obvious that I'm new to these boards...so please excuse any mistakes I have or will make in posting.

As new as I am here, it's apparent that these boards offer a wealth of information. I thank everyone for their contributions. I'm sure it will help make our trip that much more enjoyable. I'm also sure that I will have many more questions and I look forward to learning from all you experts.

Have a great day everyone, and thank you again. Rosco's Jamma
Rosco'sjamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:48 PM   #62
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

You will get your tags in time. When they 'FedEx' them, they don't just drop some tags in a mailer, and they appear the next day. They send the request off to the printer. That can take two business days. Then, when they are expressed, they are sent via FedEx 2 day air (usually).

My guess is that they would be arriving tomorrow.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2006, 02:43 PM   #63
Rosco'sjamma
Earning My Ears

"tags"

Chip'n'Dale Express,

Thanks so much for the information. It makes a lot of sense. I know what to do in case we don't get them, but it will be so much easier if they arrive in time. I'm not so distressed as my Dh is. Actually, he's driving me crazy over these tags. He's worse than a 2 year old!

Again, thanks for the help. I'll keep you posted. Have a great day!

Rosco's Jamma
Rosco'sjamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:58 AM   #64
pixiedust93
Earning My Ears

Airline check-in at resort

The last time we were at WL in June, we were able to check our bags and get our airline passes at the resort but used our rental car to get back to the airport. Is that still possible? We are going at the end of March.
pixiedust93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:22 PM   #65
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Yes. You can utilize the Resort Airline Check-in desk regardless of transportation. It's the inbound that you are required to utilize DME for luggage transfer.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:43 PM   #66
m4travel

Mouseketeer

Return Flight Question

Having read the posts on this thread I believe I know the answer, but I'd like to run this scenario past you-all:

Preferred: Check out of the DVC resort Saturday morning, checking luggage and receiving boarding passes from Airline Check-In Desk; go to parks; return to resort to take previously reserved DME to MCO. Spend night at Airport Hyatt; board 7AM flight home; collect luggage at home airport.

Problem: This may not work because ACD requires check-in not more than 12 hours before flight. Last check-in at ACD is at 1 pm and our flight home is not at 1 am, but 7 am.

Alternatively: Check out of DVC resort Saturday morning, leaving luggage with Bell Services and asking Concierge Desk to print boarding passes from airline's 24-hour-in-advance, on-line check-in system. Go to parks; return to resort to collect luggage from Bell Services (and print boarding passes at Concierge if not done earlier) then ride previously reserved DME bus to MCO taking luggage on the bus with us. Once at MCO, Hyatt & morning flight as above.

The second alternative would certainly work, but the last time we used the ACD service and it was great not worrying about the luggage from check-out until we landed in Los Angeles. Hope you can tell me that there is a way to follow the first scenario!

Mickey Mouse Club Member No. 37,399 1955 * DL/DLR 1957 * DVC 2005 * DCL 2006 * WDW 2006 - Disneyland was just down the road....
m4travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:17 AM   #67
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Unfortunetly, due to TSA regulations, its not possible. You'll have to bring the luggage with you. Sorry!
Old 03-04-2006, 11:09 AM   #68
m4travel

Mouseketeer

Thanks, Tyler, for the confirmation.

Mickey Mouse Club Member No. 37,399 1955 * DL/DLR 1957 * DVC 2005 * DCL 2006 * WDW 2006 - Disneyland was just down the road....
m4travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:39 AM   #69
DisOrBust
Tag Fairy does tags only, the Avatar Fairy must have done that one!

Any news of more "participating airlines"

TIA!
Sue
DisOrBust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:48 PM   #70
wunstaboi
Earning My Ears

hi i have a question,

When it's time to check out of the resort, where do i put my lugage? Do i take it with me to the shuttle or what do i do? When i get back home, do i pick it up at baggage claim?
wunstaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:32 AM   #71
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunstaboi
hi i have a question,

When it's time to check out of the resort, where do i put my lugage? Do i take it with me to the shuttle or what do i do? When i get back home, do i pick it up at baggage claim?
Hi and to the DIS boards!! When you check out of your resort, it depends on whether or not you are flying home on a 'participating' airline. If you are on one of these airlines, you go to the desk for airline check-in (in a different spot in each resort), you check your luggage through (they take it away and send it to the airport), get your boarding passes printed. Then, you go off and do whatever it is you are doing until time to leave. Then, you head back to the DME bus area at the time you were told to be there (usually about 2 3/4 hrs before your flight time). You hop on the bus, go directly to the security line at MCO. and then fly home, where you will pick up your luggage as usual.
If you are not flying a 'participating' airline (like SouthWest) you can leave your luggage with the resorts bell services people. Then, when it is time to fly home, you pick your bags up from the bs folks, head to the bus, where your bags will be put underneath the bus, you get on and when you get to MCO, you go and check your bags as you normally would before there was a DME.
Hope that helps.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:34 PM   #72
wunstaboi
Earning My Ears

thanks for the welcoming =) and also thanks for the great info!
wunstaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:00 PM   #73
debluvstigger
Earning My Ears

Sry if this has been asked already--- Approximately how long after you arrive at your resort does your luggage arrive-- I am planning on bringing the necessities with us in our carryons but would really like to get settled in if our room is ready when we get there. I guess we should just head to the parks like true disneymanics and not worry about our luggage.

thanks
debluvstigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:00 PM   #74
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

It can vary by the time of day, and how busy they are, and what resort you are at. Thier goal is 2-4hrs after your flight lands. Sometimes it might be longer, depending on Bell Services.

I've seen both extremes -- luggage beating the guest to the room, and taking several hours longer than usual.

Bottom line -- have your carryon with what you'll need for the first few hours, head off to the parks, and have fun.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:13 PM   #75
jultomzach
Mouseketeer

Can I take Magic Express 2 days before I check-in? I am staying at Dolphin Friday and Saturday night and then onto Beach Club Villas. I am packing lightly and familiar with the area, could easily walk with my luggage from Beach Club to Dolphin.
jultomzach is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: