Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2008, 11:21 AM   #556
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2nca View Post
Ok just to make sure Im understanding this, we are flying with Air Canada, I did not see that on the list on the first page, so we are using ME and our bags will be taken to the resort by the ME service no problem if we use the ME tags. But when we go home we will have to bring our luggage down to the ME bus at the resort and then take them off the buss, carry them from whereever the bus drops us off to the check in and check them at the airport ourselfs? Is that right and our flight home takes off at 8am so we will have to board the bus at aprox 4 or 5 am? ugg not looking for ward to that.

Thanks for any help
Yes, that's how it will work for you. If your flight departs at 8 am, DME will most likely tell you to be picked up at about 5:00-5:15. But, keep in mind, a towncar/taxi would give you only about an addtl. 30 mins in bed. With DME you get to the airport with about 2 hrs to spare, sometimes less depending on how many resorts need to be picked up on that particular route. MCO will tell you to arrive at the airport two hours before your flight departure, so you would need to be there by 6:00 anyway, so with DME you will most likely arrive by 5:30 or so..plan on breakfast at the airport, that's what we do.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:29 AM   #557
mom2nca
Mouseketeer

ok Thanks so much, Its not that bad really we get up everyday at 6am at home anyways so whats another couple hours,lol! Definatly will do breakie at the airport, Im just hoping my kids wont be too cranky!
mom2nca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2008, 12:26 PM   #558
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

Please! tell me the phone number of DME! And List of the Airlines has DME! And Also Delta has DME!
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
jeanylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:58 PM   #559
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
Please! tell me the phone number of DME! And List of the Airlines has DME! And Also Delta has DME!
Breathe, breathe. Go to the first page of this thread. It has all the 'participating airlines' listed. As airlines join, it is updated. And yes, Delta is a participating airline.
Not sure why you need the number but here it is..866-599-0951
You should make your reservation for DME with whomever you booked your room stay with.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #560
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Breathe, breathe. Go to the first page of this thread. It has all the 'participating airlines' listed. As airlines join, it is updated. And yes, Delta is a participating airline.
Not sure why you need the number but here it is..866-599-0951
You should make your reservation for DME with whomever you booked your room stay with.
Yes! Our family are staying in the all-star movies! that's why i need that number!
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
jeanylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:15 PM   #561
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Yes, that's how it will work for you. If your flight departs at 8 am, DME will most likely tell you to be picked up at about 5:00-5:15. But, keep in mind, a towncar/taxi would give you only about an addtl. 30 mins in bed. With DME you get to the airport with about 2 hrs to spare, sometimes less depending on how many resorts need to be picked up on that particular route. MCO will tell you to arrive at the airport two hours before your flight departure, so you would need to be there by 6:00 anyway, so with DME you will most likely arrive by 5:30 or so..plan on breakfast at the airport, that's what we do.
Actually, because it's an international flight, chances are the pickup will be around 4:00am, to allow the extra time for Customs, etc.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #562
blueeyesrnc
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Just birthin them babies
Working for that t-shirt

I will be departing AKV on 7/13 but won't actually be leaving Orlando until 7/14. I booked AKV with points before booking flight, and flight much cheaper the following day. May I use ME to go to airport on 7/13 even though my flight is not until 7/14? I booked a hotel close to the airport, and the hotel shuttle service can take me to my hotel from the airport after ME drops me off.

blueeyesrnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:04 PM   #563
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyesrnc View Post
I will be departing AKV on 7/13 but won't actually be leaving Orlando until 7/14. I booked AKV with points before booking flight, and flight much cheaper the following day. May I use ME to go to airport on 7/13 even though my flight is not until 7/14? I booked a hotel close to the airport, and the hotel shuttle service can take me to my hotel from the airport after ME drops me off.
Yes.

You are still entitled to a ride back to the airport on or before your check-out date regardless of whether you are flying out on that date.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:37 PM   #564
blueeyesrnc
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Just birthin them babies
Working for that t-shirt

Thanks, CleveRocks.

blueeyesrnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:45 PM   #565
brendalee59
DIS Veteran

Hello, I have a question I hope someone here can answer. We are doing a land/sea pkg over Christmas. I have heard that DCL had onboard check in and luggage check in. Also that DCL will deliver your boarding pass to your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. I have been getting mixed reports on the DIS DCL forum, so thought I would bring my question here. I need to know how this works, and if American Airlines, and Delta airlines participate in this service. I'm wanting to book airfare before it goes up.....again. We will be purchasing DCL transport from the Poly to the terminal, and from the terminal to MCO. I'll be thankful for any information you can give me.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:27 PM   #566
SJCSuzyQ
Mouseketeer

Hi Everybody,

Since we fly from CA and we hate to pay Disney prices for a "short" night we have a flight coming in the night before our reservation at SSR. We were planning to spend the night at the airport Hyatt. Do you know if we can use Magical Express the next morning? I realize we'll have to claim our bags and then check them in with DME but I just wasn't sure if this was allowed.

Thanks in advance!

Suzy
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
SJCSuzyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:04 PM   #567
IlovePiglet
Mouseketeer

No problem. Just head down to the DME counter in the morning when you're ready to go and just check in at the welcome center.
They will ask for your paperwork (the coupon book that was mailed to you) and only one person has to stand in line to check everyone in.
Enjoy your trip
IlovePiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #568
jeankeri
I threw cartons of milk at yuppies but don't tell anyone! What gets talked about on the DIS, stays on the DIS!

The resort check-in desk opens at 5am. If I am wanting to check luggage and do airline check-in for jetblue early Friday am (in the hopes of going to Epcot before DME picks us up at noon), what time would you suggest getting in line? I would be hoping to leave BWV to walk to Epcot by 8:30am. Any suggestions?
Me, DS 18, DS 17 'the furbabies'
jeankeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #569
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeankeri View Post
The resort check-in desk opens at 5am. If I am wanting to check luggage and do airline check-in for jetblue early Friday am (in the hopes of going to Epcot before DME picks us up at noon), what time would you suggest getting in line? I would be hoping to leave BWV to walk to Epcot by 8:30am. Any suggestions?
You can check in as soon as you want to. I would suggest being all done by 7:30 though. The lines tend to get longer as the morning progresses. There are a lot of flights before noon, so those folks will be in line early. If you get to the RAC desk by 7ish, you should be all set. Then, you can grab a bite to eat, and head over to Epcot for a few last hours of fun. Be sure to be back at BW by 11:30 though, especially if you have any carryon bags you need to get out of storage.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:02 PM   #570
jeankeri
I threw cartons of milk at yuppies but don't tell anyone! What gets talked about on the DIS, stays on the DIS!

Thanks goofy4tink!! Just what I needed to know!
Me, DS 18, DS 17 'the furbabies'
jeankeri is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: