Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2008, 06:21 PM   #526
Rcoast911
Earning My Ears

I have a question regarding Magical Express. I was registered at Pop for 2 nights. On my last night prior to my return flight home, I wanted to make a last ditch dinner reservation at Cape May. When I called ME to have them pick me up at the Beach Club Resort instead of Pop, they refused and said that they could only pick me up at my registered hotel. (now mind you, I had only carry on luggage).

1. What difference does it make where they pick you up at, as long as you let them know. and

2. What if your stay is split between two differerent resorts? Like the first 2 days you are staying at Pop and the last 3 days, you are staying at Saratoga Springs? Does that screw their system up?

I don't really get why they care at which hotel you want to leave from. It would have been nice if I could have gone through with my dinner plans, that's all.
Rcoast911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:53 AM   #527
Love That Mouse
Mouseketeer

Southwest?

I just came back from Disney's All Star Music with a large group.

They now offer "in-room" check in for large groups, like high schools and bands, etc. to keep them from standing in line at the front of the hotel.

I also asked the folks when Southwest was coming online and they said June at the latest. The problem is that Southwest does not assign seats and Disney's system requires that people have a "seat number". He informed me the problems are being ironed out even as we speak. After the line I stood in yesterday to go home on my own, I certainly hope so. It looks like a ZOO at the Southwest counter. It moves quickly, but not very magical.

By the way, for the groups, the "in-room" check-in was fabulous. Six people from Remote Check-in came to our rooms, put on the baggage tags, gave the group leader the boarding passes, and we were on our way. Took all of 30 minutes for twenty rooms and went off without a hitch. It saved us from schlepping our luggage to the front to "check-in" with JetBlue. All done from the comfort of our hotel rooms.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2008, 11:45 AM   #528
saffymom
DIS Veteran

I just returned last night from a week long stay at Coronado Springs and wanted to let everyone know that we were able to check in for our US Airways flight at the RAC desk.

I had asked about it at the front desk earlier in our stay and they told me no, but when we arrived at the ME pickup yesterday DH decided to go ask at the RAC desk and they said that we could check in. We checked our bags and they were able to print 2 of our 3 boarding passes (for some reason DS's wouldn't print). We printed the third when we got to the airport using the self serve kiosk. Also, we were able to check in a lap child at the RAC desk with no problem.

saffymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:37 PM   #529
Wuzefelix
Thinks of himself as the #1 Disney fan...like everyone else on here ;).

Thanks for this great info.

Last edited by Wuzefelix; 01-31-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Wuzefelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:09 PM   #530
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust93 View Post
The last time we were at WL in June, we were able to check our bags and get our airline passes at the resort but used our rental car to get back to the airport. Is that still possible?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip 'n Dale Express View Post
Yes. You can utilize the Resort Airline Check-in desk regardless of transportation. It's the inbound that you are required to utilize DME for luggage transfer.
I had no idea. I'm so glad that I read this thread. We're flying AirTran but I'm really considering a towncar shuttle instead of ME. (as a surprise for SIL)

Tyler, please correct me if this isn't still true.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Minnie Lor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #531
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

The first page is accurate.

When LEAVING Walt Disney World, you can use Resort Airline Check-In and leave any method you choose.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:08 PM   #532
troynkasey
DIS Veteran

Updated list

Does anyone have an updated list of the carriers that participate in the early baggage check? And is it still true that only some of the hotels take part?
troynkasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #533
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by troynkasey View Post
Does anyone have an updated list of the carriers that participate in the early baggage check? And is it still true that only some of the hotels take part?
The current list is in post #1 in this thread.

ALL Disney owned-and-operated resorts offer Resort Airline Check-in. Always have since it started in May 2005.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #534
tiggerfan4me
Mouseketeer

What time in the morning do the hotels start printing boarding passes, as my parents will be coming home next Tuesday and their flight is at 9 so they will be picked up around 5, right. Can they get their boarding passes at that time?

[url]
tiggerfan4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:19 AM   #535
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

The RAC counters open at 5 am...you have to be checked in no less than 3 hrs before your flight departure time. So, they should be fine.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:40 AM   #536
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerfan4me View Post
What time in the morning do the hotels start printing boarding passes, as my parents will be coming home next Tuesday and their flight is at 9 so they will be picked up around 5, right. Can they get their boarding passes at that time?
If they are flying within the USA, their scheduled Disney's Magical Express pick up time will be about 3 hours (not 4) prior to their flight time, +/- 15 minutes.

If they are using a "participating airline," they can check their bags through to their final destination AND receive boarding passes at the Resort Airline Check-in desk, which is open daily from 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The process must be completed no later than 3 hours before flight time, and also cannot be done on a prior calendar day.

If they are not using a participating airline, they can still get boarding passes printed (but NOT the luggage service) at a different location within their resort's lobby, the Lobby Concierge desk. This can typically be done 24 hours in advance.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:17 PM   #537
tiggerfan4me
Mouseketeer

They are flying united, which I saw was one of the participating airlines. When disney informs them of their pickup time, do they allow them a few minutes to check their bags and get boarding passes if it is close to five? I think their flight is 9:15 or so. My parents are 82 (a very good and alert 82) and I have a son who works for Disney, but he won't be there when they leave, just want to help them with knowledge ahead of time. I know they can get details from the hotel as well, but they like to have things in order ahead of time. Thanks for your help.

[url]
Old 02-07-2008, 09:23 PM   #538
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerfan4me View Post
They are flying united, which I saw was one of the participating airlines. When disney informs them of their pickup time, do they allow them a few minutes to check their bags and get boarding passes if it is close to five? I think their flight is 9:15 or so. My parents are 82 (a very good and alert 82) and I have a son who works for Disney, but he won't be there when they leave, just want to help them with knowledge ahead of time. I know they can get details from the hotel as well, but they like to have things in order ahead of time. Thanks for your help.
The day before departure, DME leaves a note at your door telling you of your scheduled bus pick-up time. They can check-in wth RAC early if they want, they just can't do it even a second too late.

They won't be allowed any wiggle room as far as time. From what I've read, it's controlled by the computer system. When the RAC employee hits the "enter" button for the final time to complete the transaction, if it's even one second under the 3 hours deadline then the computer will not complete the transaction.

The worst that can happen if they miss the RAC deadline is that the driver will load their luggage under the bus and return it to them at the airport, where they can find a skycap to help them get their luggage into the elevator and up to Level 3 where they will check-in at their airline's ticket counter.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #539
tiggerfan4me
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the very helpful info. I have told my parents about check out, but I also asked Disney Son who is an employee to help his grandparents and ask the questions of the hotel on Monday for them to try to make this run smooth for them. I don't want my dad to get worked up as he has a defibrillator and it is best when he get just follow through with details and plans. I will call them right now as they leave tomorrow. Thanks again.

[url]
Old 02-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #540
tiggerfan4me
Mouseketeer

well disney parents got to Disney great and loved the Magical express. Hpefully everthing works well for them on checking out. Thanks again.

[url]

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: