Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2008, 09:45 PM   #511
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohoz View Post
Please forgive me if this question has been asked before but this is our first time using ME. We are flying in on SW and we usually do carry on's. We plan on coming in early and getting our tickets and going to MK. We figure by the time we are done with MK that day our bags will be in the room. Is this right that our bags will be delivered if we use carryon's? Sorry I'm a newbie!
No.

You keep carry-ons with you. DME only handles automatic delivery of checked luggage that has been off-loaded from airliners.

The only place you can take the DME bus is to the resort where you have a reservation; in other words, it's not like you can take a DME bus from the airport directly to MK. You will have your carry-on with you in the bus, unless it is too large or you want to have it under the bus. In either of those cases, the driver will stow your carry-on bag under the bus, and you will get it right back as soon as you arrive at your resort. At that point, if you don't want to waste time bringing your carry-on to your room, you can have your resort's Bell Services store it for you until later.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:50 PM   #512
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMoss3377 View Post
Hi!

I just found this thread...and wow...tons of great information. I tried to skim through all the past postings for my question, but didn't see it. So here goes.

I will be coming into MCO with 3 friends in March and we plan to use DME. However, we might be flying in separately...well, a couple of us will be flying in together, but the others won't be coming in until they get off from work.

How does DME work if we're flying in at separate times? The last time I used DME, my friends and I all flew in together. We will be flying out together, not that I think that matters.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Everyone who is named on the resort reservation AND has a DME reservation is entitled to use DME. It doesn't have to be everyone in the party at one time. For example, you could each fly in on different DAYS and you can each still use DME to the fullest extent.

It really won't matter, but if it makes you feel better, wait until you are within 60 days of your trip and call DME directly at 866-599-0951, and tell them of your various arrival times and flight numbers. Actually, it could be important for them to have each person's flight information, just in case there is a very very delayed flight (DME closes for the night at 11:00 p.m. UNLESS they have a reservation for a later arrival OR if someone with rerservations is on a delayed flight -- DME is tied into the airport's and airlines' computers, so if they have your flight number, they'll know you're delayed and thus they'll know to wait for you).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2008, 03:21 PM   #513
ratherbeindisney
Mouseketeer

Is our airport included??

We are flying into the Sanford Orlando International Airport located at 2 Red Leveland Blvd. Sanford, FL 32773. Can you tell me if Magical Express is going to this airport yet?? Thank you!
Old 01-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #514
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Magical Express only operates at Orlando International. You will have to arrange your own transportation to WDW.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #515
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbeindisney View Post
Can you tell me if Magical Express is going to this airport yet?? Thank you!
It's not a matter of "yet." Disney has no intentions to do so.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #516
DMoss3377
Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride

Thanks for the info Eric, makes me feel better knowing we aren't going to screw up our DME transport by flying in at different times.

Have a great evening!

14 Visits to WDW since October 2001
4 Disney Cruises since October 2002
1 Visit to HH (Girls Trip 2005)
DVC Member since 2003

NEXT:
TBD
DMoss3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #517
Jenniww
DIS Veteran

We are going as a large group this Saturday~ 4 rooms total
One of that parties in our group could not get a room the first night we are going to be in Disney World. So they made plans to go to the parks with us on arrival day then stay the night with local friends till their room is ready on Sunday.
My question is can my friend without a room for Saturday night use MME a day before her reservations, or will she have to take a cab to meet up with us?
Did that make since???

Last edited by Jenniww; 01-15-2008 at 07:20 AM.
Jenniww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:02 PM   #518
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniww View Post
We are going as a large group this Saturday~ 4 rooms total
One of that parties in our group could not get a room the first night we are going to be in Disney World. So they made plans to go to the parks with us on arrival day then stay the night with local friends till their room is ready on Saturday.
My question is can my friend without a room for Saturday night use MME a day before her reservations, or will she have to take a cab to meet up with us?
Did that make since???
Your question makes perfect sense, but the answer will be NO. You can't take DME from the airport prior to your check-in day, and can't take DME to the airport after your check-out day.

But I have a more serious concern here. DO YOU GUYS HAVE DME RESERVATIONS??? I'm just concerned that for some reason you don't ... just a hunch.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:17 AM   #519
Jenniww
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
Your question makes perfect sense, but the answer will be NO. You can't take DME from the airport prior to your check-in day, and can't take DME to the airport after your check-out day.

But I have a more serious concern here. DO YOU GUYS HAVE DME RESERVATIONS??? I'm just concerned that for some reason you don't ... just a hunch.
I sure do.....
Yellow luggage tags-
A booklet with info/map of airport and coupon of some sort inside it to ride-

So I am set! Thanks
I think I pretty much already knew the answer my friend is just instant that she will be able to get a ride on MME. Since I wasn't 100% sure I thought I would ask you. I will start looking into a ride plan for her so when her plan falls threw and it will, I can say the day

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:19 AM   #520
Jenniww
DIS Veteran

I have always called it MME~ Mickey's Magical Express

silly me

Is it really DME~ Disney's Magical Express!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:53 PM   #521
pickles
Just call me Capt. Barbossa-someone has to play the part of the bad pirate
Most Observant DISer Award

Gossip on another thread..SWA agent said that they now participate in Disneys resort check in...can anyone confirm?
pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:37 PM   #522
tiggerfan4me
Mouseketeer

that would be great if SWA does participate as it gives more options for flying.

[url]
tiggerfan4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:50 AM   #523
griz4
Mouseketeer

So if you have tickets for SW and want to use the DME service, they will take your bags from MCO to your resort(if you have the tags) from SW airlines, but when you leave the resort, you have to check your bags in yourself at SW counter back at MCO? Is that what i am understanding if you do not use a 'participating airlines'.
griz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:24 AM   #524
griz4
Mouseketeer

I found this summary on another thread. sorry i did not know how to move to this one to give credit to who wrote it, but it answered my own question:

"Your Disney’s Magical Express reservation has been made; however, you may not receive your Disney’s Magical
Express booklet with luggage tags prior to departure for Orlando. Please be assured that you will still be able to
utilize the service and receive the same seamless experience.
Once you arrive at Orlando International Airport, you have two options:
1) You can pick up your luggage at baggage claim and proceed directly to the Disney
Welcome Center. You will be responsible for taking your luggage with you on the
motor coach.
2) Or you may proceed directly to the Disney Welcome Center. You do not need to claim
your luggage. Disney will gather all of your information and collect your luggage for
you and then deliver it to your resort room.
IMPORTANT: Please pack any valuables, medications or anything needed immediately upon arrival into Orlando in
a carry-on bag.
Arrival at Orlando International Airport. Upon arrival, please take the tram from your gate to the main Terminal
and proceed to the Disney Welcome Center which is located on the B Side on Level 1 and bypass baggage claim.
If you arrive on the A Side, please proceed to the B Side before taking the elevator or escalator down to Level 1.
You may follow the airport signs to Ground Transportation.
At the Disney Welcome Center, please present your airline baggage claim checks to the Disney representative
to confirm the number of bags* checked as well as your return flight information. You will then board a
complimentary motor coach that will take you to your resort. Your motor coach may make up to 3 stops before
arriving at your resort.
Luggage delivery to the resort. Your luggage will be claimed at the airport and delivered to your room. Your
luggage may take up to 3 hours after you check-in to be delivered. You do not need to be in your room to receive
your luggage. Please note if you take your luggage on the motor coach it will not automatically be delivered to
your room.
Returning home. You will receive a Transportation Notice the day prior to check-out advising you of your motor
coach pick-up time and other general information. Your motor coach pick-up time is based on your
flight departure and will be approximately 3 hours prior to that time to allow for multiple stops by
the motor coaches.
Resort Airline Check-In Service. Upon departure, you may take advantage of Disney’s
complimentary Resort Airline Check-In Service for participating airlines. You can check
your luggage and receive your airline boarding pass at your Disney resort so there is
no need to check-in at the airport."
griz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #525
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz4 View Post
So if you have tickets for SW and want to use the DME service, they will take your bags from MCO to your resort(if you have the tags) from SW airlines, but when you leave the resort, you have to check your bags in yourself at SW counter back at MCO? Is that what i am understanding if you do not use a 'participating airlines'.
Yes, you are understanding it correctly.

When you first fly into MCO, everyone on every airline is entitled to 100% exactly the same DME services as everyone else.

The only way "participating airline" matters is for the way home.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: