Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2007, 07:12 PM   #466
GMarcan920
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip 'n Dale Express View Post
Yes, you can utilize DME one way. At some point during your Disney resort stay, visit the Lobby Concierge desk, and they will make the arrangements. Just make sure to have your flight number and time with you.
We're staying at the CBR, flying in on SWA; we have flights plans to leave 12/8, but may want to change those dates to visit some friends in VB. It sounds to me as though we can still take the ME from the CBR on 12/8 to the Orlando airport, and then just go rent a car, visit out friends, and come back to the aiport and fly home on the 11th; in other words, we don't have to fly out on the day we check out of the CBR? Is that correct? Before I change our flight plans, I want to be sure we don't mess up our ME arrangements. Thank You!
GMarcan920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:50 AM   #467
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMarcan920 View Post
We're staying at the CBR, flying in on SWA; we have flights plans to leave 12/8, but may want to change those dates to visit some friends in VB. It sounds to me as though we can still take the ME from the CBR on 12/8 to the Orlando airport, and then just go rent a car, visit out friends, and come back to the aiport and fly home on the 11th; in other words, we don't have to fly out on the day we check out of the CBR? Is that correct? Before I change our flight plans, I want to be sure we don't mess up our ME arrangements. Thank You!
Yes, correct, you can do that.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2007, 12:47 PM   #468
TifferRN
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip 'n Dale Express View Post
You do not need to utilize the luggage transfers for either way. You are always more than welcome to claim your luggage, and bring it with you on the bus. Just realize that when you take the luggage onto the bus with you, that Disney will not be covering gratuities for either the motorcoach driver or bell services at the resort.
Are you saying that when you do utilize DME luggage transfers- Disney covers the gratuities for the driver and bell services?
TifferRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:28 PM   #469
Cinderella1122
DVC member since 2008

Has anyone heard when the test phase for airline check-in is scheduled to end for USair? I'm staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge the first week of December and would like to utalize this service.

June 2014 - All Star Music
December 2014 - Saratoga Springs
June 2015 - All Star Music
December 2015 - Bay Lake Tower
Cinderella1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:23 PM   #470
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifferRN View Post
Are you saying that when you do utilize DME luggage transfers- Disney covers the gratuities for the driver and bell services?
Yes, that's right. If you have only carryon luggage with you, that you keep with you on the bus, then there are no gratuities expected. If you have tagged your checked bags with the yellow tags, then Disney has taken care of the gratuity for bell services. That's why they say you don't have to be in your room for baggage delivery.
However, if you feel that the bus driver has gone the extra mile and made your ride much better than you expected, then feel free to tip him/her anyway. I have tipped the driver when I had only a large tote bag for carryon and it was on my lap on the bus. But the driver was so much fun that I hardly noticed the 30 min drive to my resort. But, that is completely up to you.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:33 AM   #471
agnes!
*sigh*
He had a yowl that could peel paper
I would never joke around about making money
My AI Loser Tag

Any word on US Air?!?

Has the test run been extended beyond the now-limited WDW resorts to all WDW resorts yet? Anybody know latest/updated info?

agnes!

*this* spot still sacred to
Those no longer here - you are not forgotten...........
(also remembering all the pets who have owned me, including "James", "Sugar", "Gabriel" & "Nancy")
Thanks to Grumpy Pirate I sometimes do have a seasonal smilie. I also remember when American Idol was GOOD.
Do not read beauty magazines...they will only make you feel UGLY.
agnes! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #472
TyGuy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnes! View Post
Has the test run been extended beyond the now-limited WDW resorts to all WDW resorts yet? Anybody know latest/updated info?

agnes!
bumping

Nov 15 BLT, Oct 14 BWV, Jan 14 CBR(Disney Marathon), Nov 13 VWL, Oct 12 VWL, Nov 11 BLT, Dec 10 BWV and YC, Dec 09 BLT, Oct 08 YC, Dec 07 YC, Nov 06 (Jersey Week) YC, Nov 02 (Jersey Week) YC, Nov 00 (Work Conference) YC, June 00 CR, Jan 99 CR, Feb 98 YC, Oct 97 CR, Jan 96 DI, Jan 94 FW, Sep 87 FW, and a bunch before that I don’t remember the dates
TyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #473
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
bumping
No need to bump.

Any time that there is new information, Tyler will update the first post in this thread. You can just keep checking back to the first thread -- he will even write the date it was last updated, to save us all the trouble of reading through the entire post to detect changes.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:22 AM   #474
DisneyKidds
The TF thanks DisneyKidds for mouse-ing out his friend!
But in reality...
Member of car "X" - And proud of it!!

Resort airline checkin question.

Great info. We're using DME for the first time next week and this thread is very helpful.

We're flying AirTran Airways and I have a question about airline checkin service at the resorts. As it stands now, we haven't paid the extra $7.50 per person, per seat, per flight segment (all told would be $112.50) to get guaranteed seat assignments. If we check in for our AirTran flight at the resort at 8am, will they be able to secure us seat assignments and give us boarding passes? If you haven't paid for a guaranteed seat assignment you are supposed to get one when you check in for your flight. Obviously checking in at the resorts we'd be doing so earlier than we'd be able to at the airport, and I wondered if the agents at the resorts have the ability to assign seats.

Thanks for any info.

PS, now that I look closer, I can pick seats if I check in online 24 hours (or less) in advance. I'll probably bring my laptop with me, so my problem may be solved. If I've checked in 24 hours in advance then all I need to do is have my boarding pass printed when I check the bags. Right?

http://www.july171955.com/vBulletin/upload/index.php

Last edited by DisneyKidds; 11-15-2007 at 09:29 AM.
DisneyKidds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #475
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
No need to bump.

Any time that there is new information, Tyler will update the first post in this thread. You can just keep checking back to the first thread -- he will even write the date it was last updated, to save us all the trouble of reading through the entire post to detect changes.
This thread is also a sticky... bumping doesn't do anything

But at any rate, no updates have been filtered through the official channels yet.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:26 PM   #476
jennz
DIS Veteran

For AirTran and SouthWest (the only 2 I've done this with) you can just go to the concierge 24 hours before the flight and print out your boarding pass. AirTran will have your seats and SW will have your group (or however they're doing it now). You don't have to be w/ME, only a resort guest and they'll check you in and print out your boarding passes.

Hope that helps!
Old 11-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #477
shorty2313
Earning My Ears

post 446 indicates Spirit Airlines being a participating airline, true or fals

#446 post indicates Spirit is participating, any word/confirmatin on this. My computer keeps freezing and I am fumbling around through all of the threads. Thank you in advance.
shorty2313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #478
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Spirit Airlines does not participate in Resort Airline Check-In. The first post in this thread is kept up to date with participating airlines.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:45 PM   #479
shorty2313
Earning My Ears

ok thanks

My pc kept freezing up and I couldnt go back or refresh. I have now rebooted and am readying the FAQ page, thanks again.
shorty2313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:54 PM   #480
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty2313 View Post
My pc kept freezing up and I couldnt go back or refresh. I have now rebooted and am readying the FAQ page, thanks again.
Post #448 correctly says that Spirit Airlines is NOT a "participating airline" in Resort Airline Check-in.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: