Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2006, 10:34 PM   #31
DonnettaR
DIS Veteran

Ok, after reading all of the posts, I don't think I have seen my question her so that I will ask. Can you just use the DME for a trip back to the airport.? We are doing a 7-day Disney cruise, followed by a 4-night stay at the Poly. We have DCL transfers to pick us up from MCO and take us to the terminal, and will use DCL to get us to the Poly. Thanks
DonnettaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:18 AM   #32
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Yes, you sure can. I have done it that way myself, but I did have both ways booked. I would call them to find out if you need to book the return trip. The time that I used only the return I had already booked it from MCO also, but my ds picked me up, so I didn't need to use it. The return was no problem at all.
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2006, 06:12 AM   #33
DonnettaR
DIS Veteran

Thanks. So when do I call to make the ressies and where do I pick up the special luggage tags?

Old 02-08-2006, 06:57 AM   #34
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnettaR
Thanks. So when do I call to make the ressies and where do I pick up the special luggage tags?

Call as soon as possible, especially if your trip is within the next month or so. They will send you a packet, with all the info in it that you will need. You will not need the 'yellow' luggage tags since you won't be using DME from MCO to your ship. I'm sure DCL has already taken care of your luggage transfer. You will get a notification at your end resort, notifying you of the time you will need to be at the bus stop for your return to the airport. If you are flying on one of the participating airlines, you will be able to check your luggage through at this time. If your bus time is, say...10:00 am, for a flight time of 1:00pm, then I would suggest that you get your luggage to the luggage check spot by 8 a.m....it can get busy. You will check your luggage (if you qualify) and you will get your boarding passes issued then.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #35
Melwood23
I need another WDW trip!!

Ok I have 22 days, and 23 hrs till I touch down in Orlando. I have the DME, but when I look at my reservation, it shows airline unknown, and I know I put in the airline, Southwest. Now I am worried my luggage will NOT get picked up, because of this.

Trips/hotels
5/2000: All Star Movies
12/2002: All Star Movies
5/2004: Coronado Springs
9/2004: Pop Century
3/2006: Pop Century
Melwood23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #36
sallyjane
Mouseketeer

This has probably been asked and answered a million times but here goes. Are gratuitys already taken care of for the bus driver (carry on bags) and bell services. In December I went ahead and tipped them both because I was unsure and it is rude to ask.

Thanks

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/f3mganmdh5fvlfdr.png[/img]

Next trip
Sept 24th-Oct 3rd 9 nights at Pop

Past trips
Mar 2008 5 night DL carousel inn
Oct 2007 9 nights AsMo for Halloween week
Mar 2007 HOJO at DL 5 nights
Oct 2006 7 nights BCV & 3 nights RPR Universal HHN
Dec 2005 1 wk CBR & 1 wk RPR Universal
Sept 2004 1wk CSR

DH me DW DS8 DD6
sallyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:26 PM   #37
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwood23
Ok I have 22 days, and 23 hrs till I touch down in Orlando. I have the DME, but when I look at my reservation, it shows airline unknown, and I know I put in the airline, Southwest. Now I am worried my luggage will NOT get picked up, because of this.
As long as you use the yellow tags, your luggage will be transported. In fact, even if you don't, it still will get taken care of, but it will take a little bit longer.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:28 PM   #38
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyjane
This has probably been asked and answered a million times but here goes. Are gratuitys already taken care of for the bus driver (carry on bags) and bell services. In December I went ahead and tipped them both because I was unsure and it is rude to ask.

Thanks
The ONLY gratuities that are included is the INBOUND Bell Services delivery of your luggage, and ONLY if you use the Luggage Transportation part of the service.

If you handle your own luggage, gratuities are not included for anyone.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:18 PM   #39
DonnettaR
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all of the information. Are there standing (or pre-assigned times) for bus pick up to return to the airport?
Old 02-09-2006, 05:14 AM   #40
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for all of the information. Are there standing (or pre-assigned times) for bus pick up to return to the airport?
Not really. They leave when they have people on 'em. I don't think I've ever waited more than 15 mins for a bus to leave. After you check in at the DME desk, you will be directed to the bus line area, right across the way actually. Then, you head for the line that will service your resort, as well as one of two others. The buses come and go at no 'set' times....just as needed. So, if you were to say, use the restrooms or grab a bite to eat, it won't be the case of having to wait an hour for the next bus to leave.

As Tyler said...bell services people don't get tipped. The bus driver only gets tipped if he/she touches your bags. If you have carry-on only, and you have it on the bus with you, then no tip. But if the driver puts anything underneath the bus, he should receive a tip. Sometimes I will tip anyway because the driver performed his duties exceptionally well....helpful, interesting, adding to my trip.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #41
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Quote:
Yes. You will recieve a notice on your door the day prior to departure with your motorcoach pick up time. Be out at the stop, ready to go about 15 minutes prior.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:53 PM   #42
DonnettaR
DIS Veteran

Thanks

Old 02-11-2006, 03:18 PM   #43
la79al
DIS Veteran

Here's a silly question. I am looking at myself and 2 kids coming down on Amtrak and being picked up by relatives. Then we would meet DH at the airport as he would be flying in. Is there anyway we could all use ME to get to ASMo or is there another way we would get to the resort?
la79al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #44
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

Ok - I'm trying to get this all straight also. We will be flying into Gainsville and renting a car for a few days as we go to Fort Myers. We will be turning the car in as soon as we get to Disney. So, We only need ME on the way back. (We are flying back from Orlando Airport) We are staying on Rented Points at DVC. Are we allowed to use ME? If so, we just make our reservations at the front desk at BWV?? We are flying by Northwest that is not listed - so, do we just take our luggage with us then?? Thanks in advance for all the answers.
LynnTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:08 PM   #45
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by la79al
Here's a silly question. I am looking at myself and 2 kids coming down on Amtrak and being picked up by relatives. Then we would meet DH at the airport as he would be flying in. Is there anyway we could all use ME to get to ASMo or is there another way we would get to the resort?
Yes, if you take a taxi from Amtrak to Orlando Int'l, and meet up with your husband, you can take DME.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: