Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-24-2007, 07:44 AM   #421
onspithia
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2

Thank you

Thank you for the fast reply!
I should have guessed that they'd have more staff working during a busy time period. Really looking forward to it!
onspithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:37 PM   #422
KteaRN
Earning My Ears
 
KteaRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SE Massachusetts
Posts: 50

Jet Blue Lap Baby

Hi. I understand that Jet Blue wants you to check in at the airport if you have a lap baby, but can we still utilize the luggage transfer to MCO, as in leaving it in our room to be picked up and have it magically appear when we arrive in BOston? or do we need to do something extra?
__________________
Katie
_______________________________________

Wilderness Lodge 5/22/10
SummerBay Resort 4/19/09
1st onsite stay Coronado Springs 9/16/07!

DH * Me * DS 17 * DS 5 * DD 4
KteaRN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-27-2007, 02:47 PM   #423
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 47,606
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KteaRN View Post
Hi. I understand that Jet Blue wants you to check in at the airport if you have a lap baby, but can we still utilize the luggage transfer to MCO, as in leaving it in our room to be picked up and have it magically appear when we arrive in BOston? or do we need to do something extra?
Not sure but you may be somewhat confused here. It's only when you arrive at MCO that your bags are taken for you. When you return to Logan from Orlando, you will have to get your bags to MCO, no one will take them from your room and then on to the airport. Now, if you were't traveling with a lap baby, you would be able to go to the DME/RAC desk in your resort lobby, with your bags, where you would be able to get your bags checked through to Logan and get your boarding passes issued...so you would then just go directly to security at MCO. But, if you have to actually checkin at the airport, you won't be able to do the above. You will be given a time to appear at the DME bus stop..about 2 3/4-3 hrs before your flight departure time. Your bags will go underneath the same bus you are riding on, and when you are dropped off at MCO, you will need to head up to the JB checkin counter to check your bags and get your boarding passes.
Hope that helps explain the routine a bit...if I am misunderstanding, then I apologize.
__________________



goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #424
KteaRN
Earning My Ears
 
KteaRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SE Massachusetts
Posts: 50

OK, gotcha.

Thanks
__________________
Katie
_______________________________________

Wilderness Lodge 5/22/10
SummerBay Resort 4/19/09
1st onsite stay Coronado Springs 9/16/07!

DH * Me * DS 17 * DS 5 * DD 4
KteaRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:10 AM   #425
Jenniww
DIS Veteran
 
Jenniww's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 503

Tip ?

We are going in Jan and are using MME both ways. I will be using my luggage tags. Now my question is when my luggage is brought to my room we will be at the parks. How would I tip the person who brought the bags to my room.

On the way home we tipped the driver who loaded our 4 bags five dollars, was that enough?

Thanks
__________________
First trip Jan 13-20 2007 stayed at All*Movies
Second trip Jan 19-25 2008 All* Movies
Jenniww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:52 PM   #426
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead
 
Chip 'n Dale Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 7,255

Tips are included for the luggage delivery only.
__________________
-Tyler
Transportation Board Moderator
Chip 'n Dale Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:11 PM   #427
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,568

Is there anyway to use DME if you are flying standby, but know for sure what day you are arriving/departing?
(My SIL might be flying now, but might be flying standby -- long story.)
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:13 AM   #428
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 47,606
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
Is there anyway to use DME if you are flying standby, but know for sure what day you are arriving/departing?
(My SIL might be flying now, but might be flying standby -- long story.)
That shouldn't be an issue. When making the DME reservation, give them flight info that will be 'in the neighborhood' of when she is flying. It really doesn't matter if someone's flight gets changed, as long as it is on the same day as the original reservation.
__________________



goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:19 AM   #429
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,568

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
That shouldn't be an issue. When making the DME reservation, give them flight info that will be 'in the neighborhood' of when she is flying. It really doesn't matter if someone's flight gets changed, as long as it is on the same day as the original reservation.
Ok, thanks. We're hoping to get them on a scheduled flight, but I guess that would be good to know for anyone whose flight could get delayed, right?
I really appreciate your reply!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:46 AM   #430
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?
 
disneymarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,616

No pre boarding pass ?

Just wondered if anyone flew this Airline out for ticket check in at the airport
We flew Northwest last year, great uneventful, right to security

This time our Charter out of the Norteast, PA area is a direct flight in and out, on Southwest? Southeast?.
So we will have to lug all the suitcases for a party of 7 to the airport ticket check in.

Also our flight is not until 9:00PM MCO. Is that a problem?
We thought about the party taking the ME and the two hubbys to rent a full size car for run abouts, good deal for $115 total from MCO. Just for familys' to have convienance, We have friends to visit in Fl for dinner and would like option of driving to some parks.
Just to add, I am disabled with mobility issues and use a walker/rollator. I am not too helpful for the bags, or standing at check in.

We are going in late October 07.
DiMarie
disneymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:29 AM   #431
D&DDisney
Don't you get it?? You see the hat?? I'm Mrs. Nesbit!!!
I was in another swap
 
D&DDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,568

If you choose to transport your own luggage do you have to tip? If so, what is the going rate for the bus driver?
__________________

"I really don't dislike Danica Patrick" ~JOCAmom
D&DDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:32 AM   #432
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 47,606
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymarie View Post
Just wondered if anyone flew this Airline out for ticket check in at the airport
We flew Northwest last year, great uneventful, right to security

This time our Charter out of the Norteast, PA area is a direct flight in and out, on Southwest? Southeast?.
So we will have to lug all the suitcases for a party of 7 to the airport ticket check in.

Also our flight is not until 9:00PM MCO. Is that a problem?
We thought about the party taking the ME and the two hubbys to rent a full size car for run abouts, good deal for $115 total from MCO. Just for familys' to have convienance, We have friends to visit in Fl for dinner and would like option of driving to some parks.
Just to add, I am disabled with mobility issues and use a walker/rollator. I am not too helpful for the bags, or standing at check in.

We are going in late October 07.
DiMarie
I'm not exactly sure what your question is. For your return flight, DME will want you at the bus stop, ready to go, by 6 pm or so. If you want to have some people ride the bus, while the hubbies rent a car for the luggage, that's a great idea. DME will take care of the luggage from the airport to your resort, but, as you realize, you'll have to get your bags back to the airport on your own. They can go underneath the bus that you are on, but you will have to get them to the checkin counter at the airport. Having the guys rent a car and take care of the luggage is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&DDisney View Post
If you choose to transport your own luggage do you have to tip? If so, what is the going rate for the bus driver?
Anytime anyone 'touches' your bags they should be tipped. So, if the bus driver stows your luggage and then retrieves it later, at your destination, then yes, they should be tipped. I tip about $1 a bag. But, here's the thing....if a bus driver mentions 'gratuities are accepted' then he/she gets nothing from me. There is signage on the bus, right up next to the driver that states just that. I don't want to hear the driver soliciting a tip.
__________________



goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:22 PM   #433
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?
 
disneymarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,616

Tipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I'm not exactly sure what your question is. For your return flight,

Anytime anyone 'touches' your bags they should be tipped. So, if the bus driver stows your luggage and then retrieves it later, at your destination, then yes, they should be tipped. I tip about $1 a bag. But, here's the thing....if a bus driver mentions 'gratuities are accepted' then he/she gets nothing from me. There is signage on the bus, right up next to the driver that states just that. I don't want to hear the driver soliciting a tip.
I guess I am asking how much staff help is on at the check in.
I have seen the check in lines, U.S. Air, where three hours was not long enough.Friends missed a flight.

Are they going to get us checked and on the flight. I think the guys will take the heavier bags, but we will have several ourself.

I used the ME last October both ways. the same bus driver, not only solicitated the tips, but actually she had a container she pointed to to put the tips in.
I did not mind as she did stow my medical walker and carry on but I thought it was so tacky to ask for tips for service.
DiMarie
disneymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:35 PM   #434
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 47,606
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymarie View Post
I guess I am asking how much staff help is on at the check in.
I have seen the check in lines, U.S. Air, where three hours was not long enough.Friends missed a flight.

Are they going to get us checked and on the flight. I think the guys will take the heavier bags, but we will have several ourself.

I used the ME last October both ways. the same bus driver, not only solicitated the tips, but actually she had a container she pointed to to put the tips in.
I did not mind as she did stow my medical walker and carry on but I thought it was so tacky to ask for tips for service.
DiMarie
If you take the DME bus to the airport, they will stow your bags underneath the bus, but you already knew that. When you get to the airport, they will just drop you and your luggage off curbside, at level 1. You then will have to get up to the checkin level, 2 I think. You will have to get all your stuff there yourself. Hope that answers your question.
But, you know, I'm capable of reading a fairly sizable sign. I don't need a bus driver actually telling me that a gratuity is acceptable, much less leave a tip jar out!!! That driver would have to really go the extra mile for me to hand over a tip!!!
__________________



goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:05 PM   #435
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,568

We are only about 16 days out from our arrival date, and my ILs just decided to fly. I am calling tommorrow to sign my SIL up for DME--she just purchased her airfare today.

At what point is it too late for the rest of their party to sign up for DME? Due to health issues they may be cancelling the trip, so they have not purchased airfare yet. It may be a bit of a last minute thing. [The flying instead of driving is also due to the health issue. We're just hoping they can still travel!]

Thanks!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Timeshare Store Current DVC Inventory - 8/12/05 pat@dvcstore Purchasing DVC 22 08-14-2005 09:53 AM
Best Price Hotel W/ Airline Tickets? aanthony03 Orlando Hotels and Attractions 11 07-26-2005 08:41 AM
Disney's Magical Express disney13 UK Trip Planning Forum 6 07-15-2005 02:20 PM
news from Disney......now they have all the angles covered chyam Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 60 12-29-2004 06:12 PM
New! Disney's Magical Express Regina Community Board 16 12-28-2004 07:40 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.



You Rated this Thread: