Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2007, 04:17 PM   #406
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname70 View Post
I currently have a round trip with Southwest and I'm booked with ME. I found a great one way fare on Jet Blue for my return. I was thinking of canceling my return on SW and booking the JB so I can use the participating luggage service for the return to the airport.
Does this plan sound feasible? I'm 5 weeks away and I just received my ME tags.
Sure, just call DME at 866-599-0951 and tell them about any changes to your flights. You won't need new DME luggage tags because they are only used when you arrive at Orlando; they are not used AT ALL for any portion of your trip home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname70 View Post
P.S. My return flight is in the evening so I was planning on checking out and doing a day in the parks beforehand. Can I get my boarding pass and hand over my luggage to ME when I check out in the a.m. - then just show up for the bus that night?
Yup, that's prety much the way to do it! The Resort Airline Check-in desk at your resort is open from 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. You can check in up to 12 hours before your flight but no later than 3 hours before your flight. The RAC desk will take your checked luggage, and after that you won't have any access to it until you reclaim it at your home airport's baggage claim carousel. If you have carry-ons, have your resort's Bell Services hold/store them for you. Get back to your resort in plenty of time to get your carry-ons back, so you aren't late for your DME bus ride back to the airport.

I love telling people they can do something just like they hoped they could!
Old 07-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #407
noname70
Mouseketeer

Thanks Cleverocks
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2007, 01:35 PM   #408
disgram
DIS Veteran

I have made it through all 28 pgs and beleive it or not, my question is not here!!!!
Now that Air Tran is a partcipant, can the people at the check-in counter for the airlline go on-line and get my seats? I will be doing it before we leave home, but I don't know how to do it on the return. I will have my 2 10yr. old granddaughters with me and I sure don't want to be seperated from them on the way home! We will be staying at the All Star Music, if it makes a difference.

Oh, and we are going August 23-31.
disgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:43 PM   #409
noname70
Mouseketeer

FW and DME

Ok-just started planning next years trip and I haven't even left for this year yet.

Here goes: we will be meeting/staying with friends at FW. They are arriving in a camper for two weeks. We are flying in to stay for the first week only. Can we get round trip DME for week one if we are on their two week ressie?
Also, does the campground have availability to preprint our Southwest passes?

Thanks again!
Old 07-26-2007, 04:25 PM   #410
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

That shouldn't be an issue. As long as you are named on the reservation it isn't an issue. Be sure they make reservations for you though. If they are the main name on the reservation, they will have to make the DME reservations for you. Then they will have to get your luggage tags to you. Leaving shouldn't be an issue either....they will ask you when you are checking in at the DME desk when you are planning on leaving.
I would think that the CMs at the front desk in the main lobby should be able to help you out with your boarding passes.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:23 PM   #411
mjh8955
DIS Veteran

I have the same question as Disgram except we will be at the Pop Century (and I read all 28 pages of this thread as well). We would have 9 AM flight out which leaves barely enough time to check baggage and get on the ME bus so I want to make sure I'm clear on the boarding pass thing. The airline check-in desk at the resort that opens at 5AM can do this for us, right?
Old 07-27-2007, 07:35 AM   #412
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Yes, it opens at 5 am, be there asap. You should be fine.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:23 PM   #413
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Just an FYI, I've updated the first page with new and updated information about the RAC desk.

Notable updates:
  • jetBlue requires all passengers travelling with lap babies to check in at the airport.
  • You can now check in for your flight starting at 5am, regardless of your flight time. (Still same day only)
  • You may check in for your spouse and children under the age of 18. All others must be present.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:28 AM   #414
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip 'n Dale Express View Post
Just an FYI, I've updated the first page with new and updated information about the RAC desk.

Notable updates:
  • jetBlue requires all passengers travelling with lap babies to check in at the airport.
  • You can now check in for your flight starting at 5am, regardless of your flight time. (Still same day only)
  • You may check in for your spouse and children under the age of 18. All others must be present.
Thanks Tyler! That's good news. Just one question for you as far as checking others in....do you need to have the others' ID with you? Say, for instance, I'm checking my dd, 13, and my dh in...do I need dh's ID?
And, if my flight is at 8:30 pm, I can still checkin at 6:00 am, right? Just want to make sure for others who may be confused.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:54 PM   #415
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Thanks Tyler! That's good news. Just one question for you as far as checking others in....do you need to have the others' ID with you? Say, for instance, I'm checking my dd, 13, and my dh in...do I need dh's ID?
And, if my flight is at 8:30 pm, I can still checkin at 6:00 am, right? Just want to make sure for others who may be confused.
I'm not 100% sure on IDs... I don't think so, but not 100% sure.

As for check in, the 12hr rule is gone. You can check in starting at 5am for any flight departing from 8:15am-11:59pm. (I say 8:15am, because the transaction must be complete by the 3hr mark)
Old 08-15-2007, 07:44 PM   #416
Dimples
Mouseketeer

Please help me, I have the same question... My husband & I are flying AIRTRAN and staying at POR 9/1/ thru 9/9. Our flight leaves @ 9:00 a.m. so I could check my luggage in between 5-6:00 a.m. and get our boarding passes then? The last I knew was that Airtran was doing a test pilot of this at certain Disney resorts so are they now doing it at POR? If so YAHOOOOO! Help me with all my Q's> Thanks in advance
Dimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:09 PM   #417
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
Please help me, I have the same question... My husband & I are flying AIRTRAN and staying at POR 9/1/ thru 9/9. Our flight leaves @ 9:00 a.m. so I could check my luggage in between 5-6:00 a.m. and get our boarding passes then? The last I knew was that Airtran was doing a test pilot of this at certain Disney resorts so are they now doing it at POR? If so YAHOOOOO! Help me with all my Q's> Thanks in advance
AirTran is now officially on-board as a participating airline, so it's at every resort.

Don't plan on waiting 'til 6:00 a.m. to check in with Resort Airline Check-in. The transaction must be complete in the computer by 3 hours before flight time. Plus there, theoretically, could be other people in line ahead of you. Or your DME bus pick-up might be scheduled for 6 a.m. or a little earlier. You get the idea ....
Old 08-15-2007, 08:21 PM   #418
Dimples
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
AirTran is now officially on-board as a participating airline, so it's at every resort.

Don't plan on waiting 'til 6:00 a.m. to check in with Resort Airline Check-in. The transaction must be complete in the computer by 3 hours before flight time. Plus there, theoretically, could be other people in line ahead of you. Or your DME bus pick-up might be scheduled for 6 a.m. or a little earlier. You get the idea ....
Thanks CleveRocks! How early can I get my boarding passes? I only ask since AIRTRAN doesn't allow me to schedule my seats. Have you ever heard if when I check in on my flight TO Disney if they will then assign my return flight seats? If so, then I should just be able to go and have my boarding passes printed correct?
Dimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:24 PM   #419
onspithia
Earning My Ears

Red face ME during Thanksgiving break

Hi,

We have never used the Disney ME before and are thinking of using it when we fly in on Thanksgiving this fall. I've read different posts about wait time... has anyone used the ME during Thanksgiving? I'm just curious what to expect on wait times.

Thank you
onspithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:34 AM   #420
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by onspithia View Post
Hi,

We have never used the Disney ME before and are thinking of using it when we fly in on Thanksgiving this fall. I've read different posts about wait time... has anyone used the ME during Thanksgiving? I'm just curious what to expect on wait times.

Thank you
Hi there and to the DIS boards!!
It seems that when there are more people using DME, they put extra people on duty. So, it shouldn't be all that long a wait. More guests mean more CMs at the counters, more buses going to the resorts. I believe that it's those guests that arrive late at night that have a longer wait. Not a hugely awful wait but longer than the morning/afternoon folks get.
Go and have fun.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: