Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #391
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

OK I know this has been answered somewhere in this mess, but as others have done, I just need to ask it in my own words.

Going to WDW, doesnt matter at all what airline you are on, so long as going to MCO. Once at MCO the baggage folks see that magic little yellow tag and it heads to the WDW folks who figure out where it needs to go.

You happily board the ME thing that takes you to your resort?

If it all goes well, sometime later that day, when you goto your room, just like magic your bags will be there / show up.

When you LEAVE to go home if your airline ISNT on the plan, you just take your bags on the ME with you, head to the airport about 3 hours before your flight it appears, and you just check in as a 'normal' person would. ie: check bags on your own, get boarding passes, all that good stuff.

Short version, US air, non participating. Down, yellow tags makes your bags show up at room. Back, you do it all your own?

Is that pretty much how it works?
Old 06-22-2007, 02:01 PM   #392
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Yes, you've got it.
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #393
noname70
Mouseketeer

Hypothetical Question: Say I was staying at AKL and I wanted to go straight to the Magic Kingdom from the airport (I'll check in at AKL later). When I deplane, can I hop on the first ME Bus that's there so I can get to WDW quicker or must I ride on an AK Magical Express bus? Am I assigned to a specidic bus?
Old 07-01-2007, 04:34 PM   #394
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname70 View Post
Hypothetical Question: Say I was staying at AKL and I wanted to go straight to the Magic Kingdom from the airport (I'll check in at AKL later). When I deplane, can I hop on the first ME Bus that's there so I can get to WDW quicker or must I ride on an AK Magical Express bus? Am I assigned to a specidic bus?
You are only permitted to take the bus that's going to your resort.

If you ask the driver what the order of stops will be, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for you to decide to get off at your bus' first stop (if it's not AKL) and from that resort take a bus to MK. In other words, you can't take up someone else's seat on another bus, but I can't see how Disney would care if you got off your own bus early (and it's not like they'd know, anyway).

Problem: what will you do with your carry-ons? If you take the bus to AKL, you can have Bell Services store your carry-ons even if you don't take the time to check-in at the front desk.

If fast is so important to you that money doesn't matter, then consider paying for a car service or taxi to take you from the airport to the TTC. At the TTC you can catch the monorail or ferry to MK.

HAVE FUN!
Old 07-10-2007, 02:10 PM   #395
lmdelan
Earning My Ears

DME questions

Hello everyone. I am probably going to be repeating something some has asked already but there is so much to read and I'm getting confused. So here goes: There are 12 of us flying to MCO on Sept. 26th on Southwest. We were planning on using the DME to get to POR. Are we responsible to get or bags or are they going to go to the hotel since we are flying Southwest(non-participating airline). 2nd part of the question is on Oct. 3rd when we are going to leave, can we take the DME to the airport but go get a rent car to go visit friends in Tampa or do we need to get a taxi to take us to get our rent a car. Do I need to give them a flight time or can I just tell them we need to go to the airport at a certain time. Thanks so much for the info. This website is SOOOOO helpful.
lmdelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:27 PM   #396
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmdelan View Post
Hello everyone. I am probably going to be repeating something some has asked already but there is so much to read and I'm getting confused. So here goes: There are 12 of us flying to MCO on Sept. 26th on Southwest. We were planning on using the DME to get to POR. Are we responsible to get or bags or are they going to go to the hotel since we are flying Southwest(non-participating airline). 2nd part of the question is on Oct. 3rd when we are going to leave, can we take the DME to the airport but go get a rent car to go visit friends in Tampa or do we need to get a taxi to take us to get our rent a car. Do I need to give them a flight time or can I just tell them we need to go to the airport at a certain time. Thanks so much for the info. This website is SOOOOO helpful.

Okay...question number 1......Yes, you can all use DME. Just be sure you're all signed up for it. You can't just arrive at the counter and get onboard the bus!! You will be sent an info packet about a month before you leave home. Your luggage tags will be in this packet. There should be a person from each room reservation that makes their particular room reservations for DME. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you are the person who made all the reservations, and you are the primary person listed on each room reservation, they will send the entire packet to you and you will have to disburse the luggage tags. You will get two per person. These go on each piece of checked luggage. Then, when you get to MCO, just head right to DME, checkin at the counter, and get on board the bus. Your bags will show up in your rooms several (upn to 3 hrs. after checking in at the resort) hrs. later.
It's only on the return to MCO that 'participating' matters. SW does not, so you couldn't check your bags at your resort. But, you can take DME back to MCO, with your bags stowed underneath the bus.
Which brings me to question 2....sure, just figure out what time you need to be at the airport. For instance...I am going to WDW this August. WE are using DME to and from the airport. But, when we return to the airport, we are renting a car to get to port for our cruise. I wanted to rent a car at about noontime, so I gave them the flight number, and departure time of a flight that departs at about 2:00. They like to pick you up about 2 1/2 hrs before flight departure, so that means they would pick us up about 11:30. You can do the same thing. Just be sure to leave enough time to get to your rental car counter.
Hope that helps!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:59 PM   #397
Emcg
Disney, You gotta love it!

Printing Return Boarding Passes

I've been reading through this thread but 27 pages are just too much so I hope this hasn't been asked a thousand times.

We are staying at POP from 8/26 to 9/1. We are flying in from Philly on SW Air and I understand the whole ME thing with the yellow tags and all, my question has to do with getting a return boarding pass. I know that SW is not a participating airline so I have to bring my bags to the ME bus.

Does POP Century have a Lobby Concierge desk with internet access and printers to print out the boarding passes or do we have to get them at the airport?

Since I am traveling with my daughter and 2 year old grandson I probably don't have to worry about getting an A boarding pass but I'd still rather get it at the resort if possible.

Thank you for your help.
Emcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:47 AM   #398
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcg View Post
I've been reading through this thread but 27 pages are just too much so I hope this hasn't been asked a thousand times.

We are staying at POP from 8/26 to 9/1. We are flying in from Philly on SW Air and I understand the whole ME thing with the yellow tags and all, my question has to do with getting a return boarding pass. I know that SW is not a participating airline so I have to bring my bags to the ME bus.

Does POP Century have a Lobby Concierge desk with internet access and printers to print out the boarding passes or do we have to get them at the airport?

Since I am traveling with my daughter and 2 year old grandson I probably don't have to worry about getting an A boarding pass but I'd still rather get it at the resort if possible.

Thank you for your help.
Yes, the CM's at the lobby counter can get you a boarding pass and all checked in. I did that myself one night (actually morning!!) at about 1:30 a.m. for my flight the next day (late evening flight). Just be sure to bring your confirmation number.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:54 PM   #399
Emcg
Disney, You gotta love it!

Thanks. That's good to know and it will save us some time and hassle.
Emcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:20 PM   #400
jcpuppy.com
How much is that doggie in the window? Puggles and others here

Midwest..has it been added to the check out list like American is?
You know when you leave, you can check in at the hotel for your flight?
jcpuppy.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:17 AM   #401
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpuppy.com View Post
Midwest..has it been added to the check out list like American is?
You know when you leave, you can check in at the hotel for your flight?
The very first post in this thread is kept updated to show which airlines are considered 'participating'. Midwest is not to the best of my knowledge.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:48 AM   #402
jcpuppy.com
How much is that doggie in the window? Puggles and others here

Thank you I did read that, but because it was posted so long ago, I didn't know if the info was current.
jcpuppy.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #403
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpuppy.com View Post
Thank you I did read that, but because it was posted so long ago, I didn't know if the info was current.
Yep, Chip and Dale Express (Tyler) updates it as soon as another airline is added. The last time it was updated was mid-May.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:41 AM   #404
lmdelan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Okay...question number 1......Yes, you can all use DME. Just be sure you're all signed up for it. You can't just arrive at the counter and get onboard the bus!! You will be sent an info packet about a month before you leave home. Your luggage tags will be in this packet. There should be a person from each room reservation that makes their particular room reservations for DME. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you are the person who made all the reservations, and you are the primary person listed on each room reservation, they will send the entire packet to you and you will have to disburse the luggage tags. You will get two per person. These go on each piece of checked luggage. Then, when you get to MCO, just head right to DME, checkin at the counter, and get on board the bus. Your bags will show up in your rooms several (upn to 3 hrs. after checking in at the resort) hrs. later.
It's only on the return to MCO that 'participating' matters. SW does not, so you couldn't check your bags at your resort. But, you can take DME back to MCO, with your bags stowed underneath the bus.
Which brings me to question 2....sure, just figure out what time you need to be at the airport. For instance...I am going to WDW this August. WE are using DME to and from the airport. But, when we return to the airport, we are renting a car to get to port for our cruise. I wanted to rent a car at about noontime, so I gave them the flight number, and departure time of a flight that departs at about 2:00. They like to pick you up about 2 1/2 hrs before flight departure, so that means they would pick us up about 11:30. You can do the same thing. Just be sure to leave enough time to get to your rental car counter.
Hope that helps!
goofy4tink- thank you sooo much for the wonderful info. You have taken one less thing off my list to worry about. Thanks again. I love this site.
lmdelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:41 PM   #405
noname70
Mouseketeer

I currently have a round trip with Southwest and I'm booked with ME. I found a great one way fare on Jet Blue for my return. I was thinking of canceling my return on SW and booking the JB so I can use the participating luggage service for the return to the airport.
Does this plan sound feasible? I'm 5 weeks away and I just received my ME tags.

P.S. My return flight is in the evening so I was planning on checking out and doing a day in the parks beforehand. Can I get my boarding pass and hand over my luggage to ME when I check out in the a.m. - then just show up for the bus that night?

thanks again!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: