Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2007, 06:54 PM   #346
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

DME takes ALL yellow tagged bags to Disney automatically. There is no airline that they don't get the bags from including international.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:07 PM   #347
Tina G
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the quicky reply. That's what I thought but I just wanted to check for sure!
Tina G is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2007, 06:43 AM   #348
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina G View Post
My question is I was just talking with a woman today who is a travel agent and she said that she thought US Air was not allowing DME to retrieve bags at MCO - that they were insistent that the owners of the bags had to retrieve their own luggage. This goes against everything I've read here. She said that at least as far back as 2-3 months ago, that was what she was told. I am wondering if this is true, was ever true, or if she just has wrong information? Has anyone flown in to MCO recently via US Air and can confirm that DME is taking the bags with no problems?
it's such a shame when people who earn a living advising travelers give bad advice. Plain and simple, she's wrong.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:04 AM   #349
lpgilbert
Earning My Ears

Magic Express

We are DVC members for about 6 years. We have never had any problems with Transportation until this past April. The Express never showed up to take us to the airport. We had to take a cab which cost us $62.00.
I have contacted DVC,Magic Express and now WDW communications (2X's).
We really feel we should not have to pay for this cab ride. The Bellman at BCV told us to take it because we would miss our flight.

We have had no help from anyone does anyone have any ideas or a phone number I can call. The Magic express will not take care of this and it really has nothing to do with the DVC. Any suggestions?

Thanks
lpgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:16 PM   #350
Sparkie
DIS Veteran

help I'm new at this

family vacation july 6 to july 16. I decided to fly for the first time- got a good rate on Delta. I called disney to add magical express to my package. they told me that I could expect it to take 2 hours to get from the airport to the hotel. I am considering using fl tours and getting a ride to the hotel that way.

Do I need to cancel magical express or just not put my DME luggage tags on and not check in at the DME counter?

Also- do you think fl tours can provide faster service than 2 hrs?
Has anyone used them before?

Im really new at this and need all the help I can get.
Sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:25 PM   #351
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Hey, everyone is 'new' at some point!!! Don't worry. Okay...here's the scoop. If you use FL Tours it will take you about an hour or so to get to your resort....perhaps a bit more depending on how fast your bags get to the baggage carousel. Mine are always among the last to come down the chute.
The fastest time I have had getting from plane to resort was the time I had only carryon bags with me. That time it took about 45 mins.
If you use DME it is routinely taking an average of 70 mins from deplaning to resort checkin. The one time it took me 85 mins was the time I was the last of three stops and there were a lot of folks who brought their luggage with them, so it took about 5 mins per stop to unload the bags.
You have to understand that with DME, you won't get your bags for up to 3 hrs after you get to the resort. But, if it's really, really important to have those bags, just don't put the yellow tags on the checked bags. This way they will go to baggage claim. But, you will have to add the time spent at baggage claim to the 70 min average time.
And you can get that grocery store stop with a towncar service. I have used FL Tours before, several times in fact, and been well pleased with them. No issue there. But, I would rather it take me 15 or so minutes to get to the resort and have that extra $100 in my pocket.
But, you may feel differently.

So....60-80 mins with DME and no bags until 3 hrs after checkin. Or about 60 mins with FL Tours, have your bags with you, but it costs you $100+.

If you decide to go with DME, be sure to pack some clothes to change into when you get to the resort. I like to have swim suits as well. This way I can head to the pool or head to a park and not worry about when my bags will get to my room. I'll be busy having fun. If you decide to go with the towncar, you really don't 'have' to cancel DME. It's nice to call and cancel, but you don't have to.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:55 PM   #352
Sparkie
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info.

I think I will stick with DME and have $100 in my pocket for Mickey Ice Cream and frozen banana's

Thanks for your suggestions- I really appreciate it.
Sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:10 PM   #353
GOOFYDONALDMICKEY
Mouseketeer

Another Magical Express Question

I have already booked ME. Can I retrieve my own bags and check them onto the M.E. bus in order to make sure that they are with us or do you have to let them retrieve your luggage in order to use M.E.?
GOOFYDONALDMICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:15 PM   #354
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFYDONALDMICKEY View Post
I have already booked ME. Can I retrieve my own bags and check them onto the M.E. bus in order to make sure that they are with us or do you have to let them retrieve your luggage in order to use M.E.?
You can get them yourself if you want.

If you will do so because you think you need them immediately or you will be too nervous to be without them, then getting them yourself is a good idea,

But if you plan to get them yourself because you've heard "horror stories" about the baggage handling, then you've been reading a few drops of bad reviews in oceans and oceans of good experiences, and will be giving up a neat perk due to bad information.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:52 PM   #355
GoofyTraci
DIS Veteran

Question

quick question and sorry if it is a repeat ? but i called the disney reservation center to give them my flight numbers for the magical express. i told him i was flying with southwest and he said that i would have to claim my own luggage and take it with me on the bus to the hotel when i arrive. is this something new because we just went in sept 06 and we did not have to do that. we put the luggage tags on the luggage and it was delivered to our hotel later that day. I asked him if this was something new and he said it has been this way for a year now! please help so i know what to do. i don't know why it would be any different now.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #356
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

It's not any different now!!! Just another case of a someone not knowing what they are talking about. Aren't you glad you have us to check with??!!!! Sad but true. Anyway...there in nothing different now...you tag the bags, they get taken off the SW flight and delivered to your resort, same as always. As you already know...you can't check your bags through at your resort.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #357
GoofyTraci
DIS Veteran

Talking

thanks for the reply. yes i did know i could not check them in at the resort, its just this cm told me sw wouldnt let disney claim my bags when we landed and just wanted to follow up and check.

thanks
Old 05-10-2007, 10:55 AM   #358
richcan
Earning My Ears

Thanks for clarifying it has made me more at ease with DME!
richcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #359
noname70
Mouseketeer

Hi-I booked DME last year for a trip this august. Why does DME wait until six week to send the tags. I understand that people change ressies but the current system seems like last minute to me.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:54 PM   #360
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname70 View Post
Hi-I booked DME last year for a trip this august. Why does DME wait until six week to send the tags. I understand that people change ressies but the current system seems like last minute to me.

DME was sending the info packet/luggage tags out 2-3 weeks before departure! If people are getting them 6 weeks prior to departure, I can't see that as last minute. The longer you have them, the more opportunity to lose them, or have your flights changed. Then, they are going to have to reprint them, making it possible to not get them to you in enough time. 6 weeks is plenty of time to get them.
I'm surprised that DME took a reservation that early. I have called them 6 months out and they have told me that I really am better off calling 3 months before travel. Of course, I do make the reservation through MS at DVC, so I can cross it off my long list of things to do.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: