Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2007, 10:07 AM   #331
LakeAriel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip 'n Dale Express View Post
There has been no official word at this time. When I get the offical word, you can bet the first page will be updated.

For the time being, my GUESS is that yes, it will continue. However, one should double check with the RAC desk prior to departure.
Thank you Tyler!
LakeAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #332
noname70
Mouseketeer

A departure question: Our Southwest flight leaves at 8:00pm. We plan on checking out and heading to the parks till 4:30pm.

Does bell services come to my room and then hold the bags or do I drop them off myself when I check out?
Also-who do I tip? (p/u guy, guy when we depart, both...)

PS- Any input on average time from MCO arrival to Beach Club? I wanted to make an ADR at Cape May as soon as we arrive. In what order does BC fall in the arrival hotel stops?

THANKS!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2007, 01:33 PM   #333
LakeAriel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname70 View Post
A departure question: Our Southwest flight leaves at 8:00pm. We plan on checking out and heading to the parks till 4:30pm.

Does bell services come to my room and then hold the bags or do I drop them off myself when I check out?

PS- Any input on average time from MCO arrival to Beach Club? I wanted to make an ADR at Cape May as soon as we arrive. In what order does BC fall in the arrival hotel stops?

THANKS!

I don't think it's an order..There are different buses to different resorts..supply and demand. If there are enough people going to BC and BW they would certainly double those up but I don't believe there is an actual order.
LakeAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:33 PM   #334
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas lady View Post
Kinda off topic...

Yes we have make reservations for DME, everything is set to go..
Found out that friends of ours have recently moved to Orlando (lucky dogs).
Anyways would like to rent a car for three days in the middle of our week.
I know the easiest way is to go through Alamo or National at the Disney car care center. ( hopeful thats right) MY question is what is the best way to reserve a car, do i call the center and let them know I need a shuttle from my hotel to the center? any information would be helpful!!

thanks
I would try to rent from the Dolphin. Just make it a day when you would normally be in Epcot, walk over to the Dolphin, do your paperwork and either take the car then or get it later in the day,,whatever fits your schedule better. If you get the car after the counter is closed, valet attendents will just go around, and bring it out for you. Then, reverse it to return the car. This has worked quite well for us in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname70 View Post

THANKS!
Call Bell Services first thing in the morning, they will come and pick up your bags and give you receipts for them. Then, when you're ready to leave the resort....I would imagine by 4:30, head to Bell Services and they will get your bags for you. Just be sure to leave plenty of time to do that...they can get backed up. Leave about 25-30 mins just to be safe.
As far as tipping goes, you will have to tip on both ends...the person who picks up in the morning, and whoever gets the bags out for you when you are ready to leave.

Time from MCO to BC should be around 70 mins. The bus may stop at CBR, then YC, then BC and then BW. At least that's how it has been when we've done those resorts.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:35 PM   #335
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

[QUOTE=noname70;17885547][B]

[QUOTE]

If you are staying at a moderate or deluxe resort, then you call bell services, wait on them to arrive in the room and they will come get your luggage.

If you are staying at a value resort, call luggage services the night before, tell them you want your luggage picked up any time after xx:xx am and leave them all by the door with a few bucks on top.

I would tip both.

You are also more than welcome to bring them up front and drop them off.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:11 PM   #336
StichnTiggertoo
Earning My Ears

Question Just some clarification

This post has been great-DME has been my biggest concern for my trip next month. My DH and I are traveling from BWI to MCO via Airtrans. As long as I get e-tickets we can check in the day before and get our boarding passes. The next day we fly on the smoothest calmest flight ever (sorry flying is really high on my list), go down to the DME and go to our hotel, and let Disney take care of our bags. Enjoy the stress free week. Then 24 hours before out flight back to BWI, we can go to the lobby of CBR and have them do the online check in like we did for check in to fly down. Then we store our bags with the bag service until it is time for us to take the DME to MCO and that time we just check our bags and give them our boarding pass. Is this right?

One other question. We are arriving early (several hours before 3 pm) will the baggage service hold our carry ones or are we responsible for them?
StichnTiggertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:11 PM   #337
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StichnTiggertoo View Post
This post has been great-DME has been my biggest concern for my trip next month. My DH and I are traveling from BWI to MCO via Airtrans. As long as I get e-tickets we can check in the day before and get our boarding passes. The next day we fly on the smoothest calmest flight ever (sorry flying is really high on my list), go down to the DME and go to our hotel, and let Disney take care of our bags. Enjoy the stress free week. Then 24 hours before out flight back to BWI, we can go to the lobby of CBR and have them do the online check in like we did for check in to fly down. Then we store our bags with the bag service until it is time for us to take the DME to MCO and that time we just check our bags and give them our boarding pass. Is this right?

One other question. We are arriving early (several hours before 3 pm) will the baggage service hold our carry ones or are we responsible for them?

Welcome to the DIS boards! Glad to hear that you're getting some info already. Yes, you have it right. I'm not all that familier, okay not familier at all, with AirTrans, but others are. So if there are any issues they will most likely let you know here.
And yes, you can leave any bags with Bell Services when you get to the resort. You may be surprised and actually be able to get into your room early. Have a terrific trip.....hope your flight is all you wish it to be!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 06:42 PM   #338
taekwondo mom
DIS Veteran

any word on southwest??
taekwondo mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:48 AM   #339
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Nope.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:57 AM   #340
taekwondo mom
DIS Veteran

Thank You
taekwondo mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:54 PM   #341
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Alright folks, it is official.

As of May 5th, 2007... AirTran Airways will be a Participating Airline for the Resort Airline Check-In Desk at ALL Disney Resorts.
Please read the FIRST post in this thread for the full details on the RAC Desk.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #342
Chloesmom
Mother to Princess Chloe

Let me get this straight..

Ok I read the first page and the info about the RAC but I just want to make sure I am getting it right. I am flying on Airtran so... The day I leave I can check my bags in the am before I head out to the parks and they will take care of them so that I dont have to see them or touch them again until I get back in ohio.. is that right? Can I skip the ticket counter at MCO all together if I use this?
Old 04-26-2007, 11:19 PM   #343
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloesmom View Post
Ok I read the first page and the info about the RAC but I just want to make sure I am getting it right. I am flying on Airtran so... The day I leave I can check my bags in the am before I head out to the parks and they will take care of them so that I dont have to see them or touch them again until I get back in ohio.. is that right? Can I skip the ticket counter at MCO all together if I use this?
That's right!

Think of RAC as curbside check-in. When you do curbside check-in at the airport, you check-in your bags, receive your boarding passes, and then you skip the airline ticket counter and go straight to your gate. RAC is EXACTLY the same as that.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:18 AM   #344
Chloesmom
Mother to Princess Chloe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
That's right!

Think of RAC as curbside check-in. When you do curbside check-in at the airport, you check-in your bags, receive your boarding passes, and then you skip the airline ticket counter and go straight to your gate. RAC is EXACTLY the same as that.
Oh thats wonderful news. I hate lugging my bags thru the airport especially since I am a single mom who takes her DD alone. Its probably the only stressful thing about my trip and now its taken care of!
Thank you so much!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:48 PM   #345
Tina G
Mouseketeer

Question about US Air

We are flying into Orlando via US Air next week. I had read this thread several months ago so was all set that I could use the yellow luggage tags and would not have to retrieve my bags at MCO. I understand that US Air is not participating for the return flight so I will have to bring my bags with me on the bus when returning to the airport for departure and check them in myself with US Air.

My question is I was just talking with a woman today who is a travel agent and she said that she thought US Air was not allowing DME to retrieve bags at MCO - that they were insistent that the owners of the bags had to retrieve their own luggage. This goes against everything I've read here. She said that at least as far back as 2-3 months ago, that was what she was told. I am wondering if this is true, was ever true, or if she just has wrong information? Has anyone flown in to MCO recently via US Air and can confirm that DME is taking the bags with no problems?
Tina G is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: