Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2006, 04:26 PM   #16
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse-n-Mini
Maybe you've already answered this, but when our flight arrives in orlando (praying it does arrive safely!), is the magical express bus waiting to retrieve us at a specific time, or do the buses come every so many minutes to pick new guests up when they're ready to leave the airport (like the buses that go to the parks)? I was wandering if you've got to be at a specific place at a certain time so you don't get left behind. That's my question. Thanks!
When you arrive (of course it will be safely!!!) at MCO, you will go to Side A of the terminal, then go all the way to the lowest level, where you will find the DME Welcome desk. You will check in with them, they will stamp your return voucher, and then direct you to the correct bus area. The resorts are divided up, into different lines, at the bus area. You will go to the line that includes your particular resort. As the buses come, the CM's will direct you to a particular bus which you will then board for the trip to your resort. The buses come and go on a regular basis...so, no you won't be 'left behind'. It is more like the buses at the resorts going to the parks. So, if you need to use the restroom or get a quick bite to eat, you'll be fine. There will always be another bus coming along.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:56 PM   #17
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4est
Quick question about:
Current Resort Airline Check-In Participating Airlines: American, Continental, Delta/Song, jetBlue, United/Ted

I just got my DME booklet with tags. On the last page it says (for RESORT AIRLINE CHECK-IN SERVICE) "At this time, the service is only available for guests flying domestically* on the airlines listed below:
--American Continental Delta (including Song) United (including Ted)
Please visit the Resort Airline Check-In desk at your Resort for further information."

Ok, I am flying Jetblue. Is the info at the top of this thread correct & the booklet just needs updating?

Thanks.
That's odd that it doesn't mention jetBlue... they've been participating for many months now.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2006, 05:04 AM   #18
d4est
The Tag Fairy is really Ghostbuster Guy in Orange!
Average everyday sane/sick psycho supergoddess
It's just a coinkie-dink

Thank you. That's good enough for me. I feel better!! 6 more days...and I am

2/11 1st cruise-DCL 4 night Dream~2/10 February Fury wrecks our plans! Did Tampa family visit with Busch Gardens etc~2/09 Hard Rock Hotel and Discovery Cove
12/07 Disney’s AKL & Universal HRH~2/06 Coronado Springs! Totally Awesome!!!~2/05 Universal RPR…FOTL Rocks!!!~2/04 Marriott OWC Sea world/Bush Gardens
2/03 Offsite w/family Sea World~4/1995 Offsite (Timeshare) Sea World & MK

Make your own kind of music, sing your own special song...
d4est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:26 PM   #19
Magical JenK
DIS Veteran

Ok, we'll be flying NWA so thanks for clearing that up...however, here's another question of mine...we will be coming in around 11pm & most likely going to bed as soon as we get into our room! I'd rather not have my sleep interrupted w/a knock on the door w/our luggage...so you mentioned it's ok to claim our luggage ourselves & to bring it on the bus w/us...which we're more than happy to do, but my question is how late does DME run?
Magical JenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:54 PM   #20
RC322
Earning My Ears

Got a quick question. My return flight is scheduled for 630 AM (I gotta make it back for class at 9 ). We are staying on site at POP. How do I get from the hotel to the airport? Do they have a shuttle there at 5 AM??
RC322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:06 PM   #21
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC322
Got a quick question. My return flight is scheduled for 630 AM (I gotta make it back for class at 9 ). We are staying on site at POP. How do I get from the hotel to the airport? Do they have a shuttle there at 5 AM??
DME is a 24 hour a day operation.

If your flight is at 6:30, your bus will be at 3:30am, and you will need to take your own luggage.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #22
rw_hadley
"Did you ever get the feeling there's something going on that we don't know about?" Fenwick from "Diner"

We just booked our air, and they are through US Airways, but the flights are actually United/TED. We apparently check in at the United desk.
Any idea if we would be able to use the Resort Airline Check-In, since United & TED are participating, but US Air is not?

WDW:
June '78 - Offsite
Oct '92 - Carribean Beach Resort
Dec '96 - Wilderness Lodge
Oct/Nov '00 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
Dec '06 - Wilderness Lodge
Aug '09 - Wilderness Lodge
Mar '11 - Swan

Aug '15 - Boardwalk Villas (I hope!)
DLR:
Oct '12 - Best Western Plus Park Place Inn
rw_hadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #23
biggroofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
You do not need to utilize the luggage transfers for either way. You are always more than welcome to claim your luggage, and bring it with you on the bus. Just realize that when you take the luggage onto the bus with you, that Disney will not be covering gratuities for either the motorcoach driver or bell services at the resort.
HI,

Please let me know if my assumption is correct:
I come from Canada via Air Transat. After clearing immigration and customs, I can pick up my luggages (both hand-carry and checked) directly to the ME bus. Upon arrival at the resort, I can retrieve my luggages when I get off, and take them with me to check-in counter.

Two more questions:
1). We are on a vacation package by NOUlTOURS (Flight + Disney Resort). The travel agent claims that there is NO NEED for us to book ME, since it is organized by the tour operator. Some forum members suggested me to make a reservation myself (to play safe), but I am just worried if I will be double-booked.

2). A bit off-topic. How much in general do people pay gratuities for motorcoach driver or bell services?

Thanks!
biggroofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:57 PM   #24
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggroofy
HI,

Please let me know if my assumption is correct:
I come from Canada via Air Transat. After clearing immigration and customs, I can pick up my luggages (both hand-carry and checked) directly to the ME bus. Upon arrival at the resort, I can retrieve my luggages when I get off, and take them with me to check-in counter.

Two more questions:
1). We are on a vacation package by NOUlTOURS (Flight + Disney Resort). The travel agent claims that there is NO NEED for us to book ME, since it is organized by the tour operator. Some forum members suggested me to make a reservation myself (to play safe), but I am just worried if I will be double-booked.

2). A bit off-topic. How much in general do people pay gratuities for motorcoach driver or bell services?

Thanks!
DME reservations are linked to a room reservation, so it's impossible to double-book. Even if it were, it's FREE, so it wouldn't matter.

I might recommend calling the 866 number to confirm the reservation exists.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:01 AM   #25
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

Ok...I have a weird question that hasn't been asked yet.

We are arriving in Orlando a week before we are staying on-site. We are renting a car for the first week and haven't decided whether we want to keep it for our on-site week.

Would it be possible to return the car to the airport the day that we are checking in at POR and then take ME to POR? So we aren't actually flying in that day, but it would be transportation to POR from the airport. If we can, that may help make our car rental decision for us.

Beth
bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:04 PM   #26
ckdisfan
Earning My Ears

Just a question regarding Magical Express. I was in Disney in January and we did not use the service. I was wondering if there is a toilet on the bus? It looked like there might have been a small one in the back. We are traveling in March and wondered if one if available.
ckdisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #27
Magical JenK
DIS Veteran

One more question regarding ME....I've seen some posts where it took 2+ hours to get to the resort from when they landed. While I do understand there will be some busier days/times of the day than others, I was wondering what to expect on an AVERAGE Wednesday evening...perhaps 7pm or perhaps as late at 11pm...??? We're staying at POFQ which I think I heard was one of the first stops on a certain bus...for that particular posting anyway...I'm debating on arriving at 7pm or 11pm & just curious what to expect....assuming everything aligns perfectly!! :0)
Thanks
Jen
Off site September 1983 Off site February 1993 Caribbean Beach April 2004 Port Orleans French Quarter September 2005 Port Orleans French Quarter September 2006 Coronado Springs Resort September 2007Coronado Springs Resort April 2008Saratoga Springs Resort October 2008Coronado Springs Resort December 2008Polynesian Resort September 2009Contemporary Resort/Tree House Villas October 2009 Polynesian Resort September 2011Polynesian Resort September 2012
Magical JenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:42 PM   #28
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbuchall
Ok...I have a weird question that hasn't been asked yet.

We are arriving in Orlando a week before we are staying on-site. We are renting a car for the first week and haven't decided whether we want to keep it for our on-site week.

Would it be possible to return the car to the airport the day that we are checking in at POR and then take ME to POR? So we aren't actually flying in that day, but it would be transportation to POR from the airport. If we can, that may help make our car rental decision for us.

Beth
Yes, that is possible.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:42 PM   #29
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdisfan
Just a question regarding Magical Express. I was in Disney in January and we did not use the service. I was wondering if there is a toilet on the bus? It looked like there might have been a small one in the back. We are traveling in March and wondered if one if available.
Yes, but it's VERY small, and I wouldn't want to use it while the coach is in motion.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #30
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical JenK
One more question regarding ME....I've seen some posts where it took 2+ hours to get to the resort from when they landed. While I do understand there will be some busier days/times of the day than others, I was wondering what to expect on an AVERAGE Wednesday evening...perhaps 7pm or perhaps as late at 11pm...??? We're staying at POFQ which I think I heard was one of the first stops on a certain bus...for that particular posting anyway...I'm debating on arriving at 7pm or 11pm & just curious what to expect....assuming everything aligns perfectly!! :0)
Thanks
Jen
In my experience, it has been pretty much spon on 75 minutes from touch down to arriving at the Grand Floridian. Other resorts may vary.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: