Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2006, 12:56 PM   #241
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensen
OK, so I get up the morning of my last day at the world, go over to the airline check-in desk at my resort and drop my luggage, get my boarding passes (we are flying Northwest) for myself, DH, DD & DS. Then we head off to the parks for a few hours before we have to meet our bus to the airport. When we arrive at the airport - we don't have to check luggage or get boarding passes - we simply head to our gate. Is it really this simple?????
You betcha!
Old 12-11-2006, 08:54 AM   #242
Mickiethepooh
DIS Veteran

ECV question?

I was told that I can use ME and bring my EVC just to let them know when I book, which I did , though I do not yet have flight info. coming in May.

I wanted to know if there is anything else special I need to do or know about this? can the ECV be transported in the cargo hold and me in a bus seat? or do I have to ride the ECV the entire way?

and do I have to wait for a special bus or would any of the busses be able to accomodate me?

any other info related to this that I did not think to ask but that I might need to know?
Thank you
Mickiethepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2006, 07:36 PM   #243
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

There are two options...

If you're okay with the ECV riding in the luggage compartment, and can climb the 7-8 steps to get to the passenger compartment, then that is an option. (Although it's one that I don't particularly like, since it involves lifting the ECV into the baggage compartment, which can be challenging for one.

Otherwise, over half of the DME fleet is equipped with a wheelchair lift. As long as you have that specifically mentioned on your reservation, you will be all set.

One last note, if you could please visit this post, on our signature guidelines.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=976026
Old 12-16-2006, 03:46 AM   #244
Mason7AK
Mouseketeer

Two Wheelchairs?

We are traveling in Feb. with two adults and two children in wheelchairs. We noted on our reservation (via Disney online) under Special Requests: Wheelchair Lift, but can you tell me if one bus will accommodate both the wheelchairs. Or will we have to travel on two buses?
Thanks!
Angela
Mason7AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:31 PM   #245
IlovePiglet
Mouseketeer

One bus can accomodate two wheelchairs. Just be sure that DME has this in your reservation. Unlike Disney owned buses, not all DME buses have wheelchair lifts.
IlovePiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:39 PM   #246
OneMoreTry

DIS Veteran

I assume that DME can accomodate parties arriving from two locations at different times on different airlines that are staying in the same room.

Correct?
OneMoreTry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:26 AM   #247
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreTry
I assume that DME can accomodate parties arriving from two locations at different times on different airlines that are staying in the same room.

Correct?
Absolutely. ALL registered guests are entitled to the full DME treatment, even if they're coming from different cities on different days. Just make sure DME knows EXACTLY who is coming in when and from where, etc.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:19 AM   #248
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiethepooh
I was told that I can use ME and bring my EVC just to let them know when I book, which I did , though I do not yet have flight info. coming in May.

I wanted to know if there is anything else special I need to do or know about this? can the ECV be transported in the cargo hold and me in a bus seat? or do I have to ride the ECV the entire way?

and do I have to wait for a special bus or would any of the busses be able to accomodate me?

any other info related to this that I did not think to ask but that I might need to know?
Thank you
Another note, if the ECV rides in the cargo hold and you get on the bus either YOU or someone in your party must put the ECV in the hold yourself. They will not load it or unload it for you. We have done this many times. The cargo hold is fairly low to the ground and I have loaded ours myself by taking the batteries off. Also when my two sons are with us it is really easy.

If you decide to use the lift make sure you remind them at every opportunity that you need a lift. (When you make the reservation, when you arrive at the Magical Express Counter, when you arrive at your resort, and call them one more time when your pickup time shows up on your resort door.)

It might also be a safe option to schedule your return from the resort 4 hours before your flight. Leaving from the airport is no problem, you just wait for the next available lift bus, but on your ride back to the airport if the wrong bus shows up, it might take them awhile to send the right type bus. Of course, if you or someone in your party can load the ECV in the cargo area, then it doesn't matter what type bus.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:22 AM   #249
Mickiethepooh
DIS Veteran

Ok another question, if we decide to rent an SUV to transport the ECV ourselves, we will need it once in park anyway, can our luggage still go by way of the express? or do we have to be physically taking the transport as well? It would make it much easier if we just have to load the ECV and not collect checked luggage and load that AND ECV in car etc.
so is that possible or not?
Mickiethepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:03 AM   #250
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiethepooh View Post
Ok another question, if we decide to rent an SUV to transport the ECV ourselves, we will need it once in park anyway, can our luggage still go by way of the express? or do we have to be physically taking the transport as well? It would make it much easier if we just have to load the ECV and not collect checked luggage and load that AND ECV in car etc.
This is a matter that's been debated. Disney states that DME is NOT a luggage-only service, and that if your bus voucher is not scanned upon boarding the bus then your luggage will remain at MCO and will not be delivered to your resort. Some people have reported that luggage has gone through to the resort, anyway. Is Disney a paper tiger, or did people who's luggage reportedly went through simply get lucky and buck the odds?

For me, the bottom line is that I wouldn't want to take the chance of Disney being accurate and them not sending my luggage to my resort. I have an offer from someone to test this out next November when I plan to visit next, with the promise that if my luggage is not sent he will go back to the airport to retrieve it for me. I'm willing to take that bet, because either way, I will have my luggage delivered to my resort for me (if not by DME, then by the person making the offer to try this experiment).
Old 12-27-2006, 10:21 AM   #251
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiethepooh View Post
CLEVE ROCKS gave you the official information. All the anecdotal evidence suggests all tagged luggage goes directly to your resort even if the guest doesn't check in at the DME desk.

The fact that CLEVEROCKS luggage will make it to his resort without checking in at the DME desk doesn't change the fact that Disney might decide to change the system in the future to enforce the written policy.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:19 AM   #252
Galactus
Mouseketeer

DME to Domestic USA but connection to Canada

Hi Tyler!

I realize that you can only check-in (to depart) at the applicable Disney resorts for only Domestic flights. But what if my flight is one that is initially Domestic (flys to Denver) but whose ultimate destination is in Canada (Vancouver, BC)? Would I still be eligible? Does this matter?

Thanks, Charles
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:15 PM   #253
MouseTrip07
Mouseketeer

DME and Airtran

I read on page one of this thread that there is a pilot program for Airtran as a participating airline for check in on the return flight at certain resorts beginning Dec 19. Can anyone verify this? We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jan 28-Feb 3 and are flying Airtran. We would love to be able to leave our luggage at AKL and not see it again until we get home.

Thanks,
Jennifer
less than 3 weeks to our first ever trip to WDW
MouseTrip07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:00 PM   #254
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseTrip07 View Post
I read on page one of this thread that there is a pilot program for Airtran as a participating airline for check in on the return flight at certain resorts beginning Dec 19. Can anyone verify this? We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jan 28-Feb 3 and are flying Airtran. We would love to be able to leave our luggage at AKL and not see it again until we get home.

Thanks,
Jennifer
less than 3 weeks to our first ever trip to WDW
Being a pilot program... it amy be available... it may not be available, as they tweak the systme. But more than likely it will be available.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #255
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

We flew air tran on our January 4-January 9 trip and was surprised to find out that Air Tran was now participating. A bellman at the Polynesian told us when we called to check our bags. I hope it continues since we always usually fly AIr Tran. The bellman didn't tell us it was a pilot program, he told us that Air Tran just became a participating airline in the past two weeks.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: