Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2006, 12:02 PM   #226
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by go cowboys
I have a different question too. I was wondering if we can check our luggage at the resort if we are NOT using ME to get to the airport? Would we have to reserve ME and then check the bags only to "miss" the bus?

Thanks
Yes, you can. The RAC system is different than DME. Anyone can use the resort airline checkin (for bags and for boarding passes) as long as they are flying back on a 'participating' airline. You could have a rental car, be using a towncar service...doesn't matter, you can use this service.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:12 PM   #227
go cowboys
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Thanks for the quick reply.

We have a 9:30 am flight. Could you tell me what time we would have to have them checked? We are flying American.

Thanks again

2013 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2011 Wilderness lodge/SSR, 2010 OKW, 2009 OKW, 2008 OKW, 2007 OKW, 2006 BWV, 2005 OKW, 2005 SSR owner, 2005 WL, 2004 GF Concierge, 2004 GF, 2003 GF, 2002 GF-WL-DL, 2000 DL,1998 Peabody,1996 WL

go cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2006, 12:14 PM   #228
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

No less than 3 hrs. before flight departure...so you would have to check them by 6:30 that morning.

Old 11-05-2006, 06:54 PM   #229
tomerin
DIS Veteran

here's a good question for ya

i am flying into orlando from Long island ny with ds#2. my wife and DS#1 are taking amtrak to orlando. on the way home my 2 sons are going to fly into midway in chicago to visit family and i will be taking amtrak back home with my wife. since DS#2 will already be checked in and has used ME already how do i get DS#1 all set up to use ME. do we simply just check him in at the resort ME desk and have him give the bus driver his luggage and then off to the airport

thanks

POFQ 2007 BW 2007
SSR 2005 POP 2005
Wilderness Lodge 2004 ASM 2002
offsite 1981 offsite 1978
tomerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:52 PM   #230
mikey13v
Mouseketeer

DS #1 doesn't qualify to ride ME back to the airport. You only get a return trip ticket when you use the arrival ME service.
That said, I would just have him use your ticket. You shouldn't have any problems with that. As long as he has a stamped return ticket, he'll be fine.
1996 July, Disneyland Tropicana
1997 June, ASSports (Honeymoon)
1998 August, Disneyland Tropicana
1999 June, Disneyland Tropicana
2000 July, Disneyland Tropicana
2001 Feb, Best Value Inn; Aug, Super 8(formerly Best Value Inn); Nov, Best Inn(formerly Best Value Inn, Super8)
2002 June, Disneyland Tropicana
2003 August, Disneyland Tropicana
2004 April, Disneyland Tropicana; Sept, ASSports (Hurricane Jeanne); Dec, Disneyland Tropicana
2005 Mar, Quality Inn; April, CSR (purchased DVC); Sept, ASSports (free dining with Softball tournament); Nov, Disneyland Hotel; Dec, OKW studio (first DVC stay)
2006 Feb, POFQ/SSR studio; July, Seaworld Renaissance/Hilton/BWV studio; Aug-Sept, POP (free dining); Nov30-Dec3, DCL Bahamas; Dec3-Dec9, BWV 1bdr
2007 June, Disneyland Grand Californian; August, Pop (free dining); Sept, 2 trips BWV&OKW; Oct, 3 trips OKW, OKW, OKW; Nov, SSR
2008 April, AKV SV; July, Pop & SSR; August, Pop (free dining); Sept, BWV; Dec, Disneyland Tropicana

2009 April, VWL & BWV
2009 August, Pop (free dining) & BLT studio bay lake view
mikey13v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:25 AM   #231
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomerin
here's a good question for ya

i am flying into orlando from Long island ny with ds#2. my wife and DS#1 are taking amtrak to orlando. on the way home my 2 sons are going to fly into midway in chicago to visit family and i will be taking amtrak back home with my wife. since DS#2 will already be checked in and has used ME already how do i get DS#1 all set up to use ME. do we simply just check him in at the resort ME desk and have him give the bus driver his luggage and then off to the airport

thanks
Anyone who is on a resort reservation at WDW is entitled to a roundtrip on DME. Now, if they do not avail themselves of the arrival trip, then they are still entitled to the return trip. So....when you get to WDW, just make arrangements for your ds#1 to use DME for the return to MCO...just be sure to do it several days before he needs to depart so there are no issues.

I have used the return trip to MCO before when I haven't used the arrival section. My ds picked my up at MCO and delivered me to BWV, so I didn't need DME to get to WDW, but I needed it to get back to MCO. I was able to do that with no problem at all.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:44 PM   #232
Kristina
DIS Veteran

Hi! My question is what do you need to show when you check in at the DME desk? We will be at Disney 15 nights and I just received from my TA our documents but nothing regarding DME. We are flying with Virgin and plan on picking up our luggage and taking it with us but don't we need a reservation # or will our package reservation be enough? We have one 10 night MYW package and one 5 nights room only but that won't make a difference right?

I'm sorry I am sure it's be asked before but I couldn't find the answer and my TA is on vacation until Nov. 12th . If we need documents I'll need to email one of her colleagues so thanks in advance .

Kristina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:06 PM   #233
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

I would doublecheck with your TA just to be sure you have DME added to your reservation. Anyone staying at a WDW resort is entitled to use DME but you have to have a reservation made rather than just show up at the counter. You should have received an info packet from DME 3 weeks before your departure date.
You can make the reservation almost right up to the departure date, so don't worry about that. Just be sure to call the TA as soon as they return to their office, and have them call DME and make that reservation for you.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:57 PM   #234
mikayla73
DIS Veteran

Just a quick question, sorry if it has been asked already, but I couldn't find the answer.

We are two couples that are arriving at the same time, staying in the same room. The ressie is in mine and DH's name and we are planning on using DME. However, our friends are going to be leaving 3 days before we are, will they still be able to use DME to go back to MCO? Can they make their own ressies for DME? Is it tied to the room at all?

TIA for the help!
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:53 AM   #235
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla73
Just a quick question, sorry if it has been asked already, but I couldn't find the answer.

We are two couples that are arriving at the same time, staying in the same room. The ressie is in mine and DH's name and we are planning on using DME. However, our friends are going to be leaving 3 days before we are, will they still be able to use DME to go back to MCO? Can they make their own ressies for DME? Is it tied to the room at all?

TIA for the help!
Although DME is tied to your room reservation, it is easy for some to leave before the others. As long as everyone is listed on the room reservation, they are entitled to a ride from MCO to the resort and then back to the airport at the end of their trip. So,I'm assuming that your friends' names are on the room reservation. If this is the case, they can leave anytime they want. My dh left BCV before us. In fact, he left BCV on a Wed to fly home, we moved to POR 2 days after that and left from POR!!! Still no problems. Just stop by the front desk, or call DME yourself, and be sure they are aware of your friends departure day/time, so a bus will be provided. Do this a day or two before they need to leave.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:47 PM   #236
Molokai Gram
DIS Veteran
Universal Orlando's warmest bathroom expert
When is the next contest next contest for a free trip to Universal Orlando?
Sends coconuts in the mail

Will I be able to use ME?

Aloha,

We have a 7:05 am flight. If the desk doesn't open until 5 am, and that is less than 3 hours before, does that mean we can't use ME?

Mahalo!
Molokai Gram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:37 PM   #237
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

No. It just means you cannot use the Resort Airline Check-In Desk.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:09 AM   #238
mikayla73
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink
Although DME is tied to your room reservation, it is easy for some to leave before the others. As long as everyone is listed on the room reservation, they are entitled to a ride from MCO to the resort and then back to the airport at the end of their trip. So,I'm assuming that your friends' names are on the room reservation. If this is the case, they can leave anytime they want. My dh left BCV before us. In fact, he left BCV on a Wed to fly home, we moved to POR 2 days after that and left from POR!!! Still no problems. Just stop by the front desk, or call DME yourself, and be sure they are aware of your friends departure day/time, so a bus will be provided. Do this a day or two before they need to leave.
Thanks! They are on the reservation, so we should be good to go!
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:43 PM   #239
Kristina
DIS Veteran

Thank you GoofyforTink . I called and spoke with the a TA who got us reservations right away. Phew, that was a close one!

Kristina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #240
jensen
DIS Veteran

OK, so I get up the morning of my last day at the world, go over to the airline check-in desk at my resort and drop my luggage, get my boarding passes (we are flying Northwest) for myself, DH, DD & DS. Then we head off to the parks for a few hours before we have to meet our bus to the airport. When we arrive at the airport - we don't have to check luggage or get boarding passes - we simply head to our gate. Is it really this simple?????
jensen is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: