Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2006, 03:44 PM   #181
malificentsman
Mouseketeer

Any word on new airlines coming online or testing resort check-in?
malificentsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:29 PM   #182
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Nothing official has been released yet.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2006, 01:30 PM   #183
tms295
Mouseketeer

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/bus..._joins_ba.html
"Disney and cruise vacationers traveling on US Airways will soon have one less travel headache: transporting their luggage. US Air is the 11th airline to join Baggage Airline Guest Services Inc. to partner with Walt Disney World, cruise lines and other hotels to provide baggage transport and remote airline check-in services."

[B]Any news on WHEN this will take effect???
Old 08-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #184
Rags
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=tms295]http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/bus..._joins_ba.html
"Disney and cruise vacationers traveling on US Airways will soon have one less travel headache: transporting their luggage. US Air is the 11th airline to join Baggage Airline Guest Services Inc. to partner with Walt Disney World, cruise lines and other hotels to provide baggage transport and remote airline check-in services."

This is great news!!! We are flying USAirways for our upcoming Dec trip!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #185
mikey13v
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veater
We tried to use the Resort Check In Desk to come home on 6/27 6pm flight and could NOT. Alaska would not let the resort check us in or our luggage. We had to pick it up and lug it through the airport that afternoon at 3 with the Magical express. I complained to the person that tried to check us in at Pop Century but he said that Alaska had been denying everyone so far that tried to check in. It was not just us. At the airport, I spoke with another passenger that tried to check in at the Contemporary and she had the same problem. She had to take her luggage to the airport and get her boarding pass there. So be prepared as they may advertise that they are "Participating" but in reality they aren't.
We also had some problems checking in for our Alaska flight. We stayed at the Boardwalk, and tried to check our luggage at 7am for our 6:33pm flight.
The problem that they had was that they did not have the right printer for our luggage tags. They had the Beach Club print our tags and had them delivered to the Boardwalk. We almost missed our Ohana' breakfast because of this.
When we got to the airport to get our boarding passes (they could not give these to us at the hotel, I have no idea why), the Alaska Air agent said that we had 30 bags checked into there computer (we actually had 6).
There is definatly some problems that need to be worked out, and I hope they have it fixed before we stay at POP in 4 weeks. I have a feeling that the service may not be so helpful there as it was at the Boardwalk.
1996 July, Disneyland Tropicana
1997 June, ASSports (Honeymoon)
1998 August, Disneyland Tropicana
1999 June, Disneyland Tropicana
2000 July, Disneyland Tropicana
2001 Feb, Best Value Inn; Aug, Super 8(formerly Best Value Inn); Nov, Best Inn(formerly Best Value Inn, Super8)
2002 June, Disneyland Tropicana
2003 August, Disneyland Tropicana
2004 April, Disneyland Tropicana; Sept, ASSports (Hurricane Jeanne); Dec, Disneyland Tropicana
2005 Mar, Quality Inn; April, CSR (purchased DVC); Sept, ASSports (free dining with Softball tournament); Nov, Disneyland Hotel; Dec, OKW studio (first DVC stay)
2006 Feb, POFQ/SSR studio; July, Seaworld Renaissance/Hilton/BWV studio; Aug-Sept, POP (free dining); Nov30-Dec3, DCL Bahamas; Dec3-Dec9, BWV 1bdr
2007 June, Disneyland Grand Californian; August, Pop (free dining); Sept, 2 trips BWV&OKW; Oct, 3 trips OKW, OKW, OKW; Nov, SSR
2008 April, AKV SV; July, Pop & SSR; August, Pop (free dining); Sept, BWV; Dec, Disneyland Tropicana

2009 April, VWL & BWV
2009 August, Pop (free dining) & BLT studio bay lake view
mikey13v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #186
gichicdoc
inspired

Red face

Tyler (Chip n' Dale Express),
Maybe you can help
We are on a land package through Disney vacation for 3 nights at AK lodge and then on a 4 night Wonder cruise. Both booked seperately.
I have two questions:
1. Can we still check-in for our DCL cruise at the AKL before going to the port?
2. Is it possible to have our luggage taken over on the shuttle (at 12:30 pm) even though we are hiring a private car to do the transfers from the lodge to the port. FYI- we are using DME for all of our other transfers (airport to hotel and port to airport).
Thanks so much!!
You are a true asset to this board!!!
m.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:17 PM   #187
wahoolio
Earning My Ears

We just got back from a 6-night stay at the Polynesian. I posted this information in the "Resorts" forum, but I thought it would be helpful in this thread, as well, for those who may not be travelling on a "participating airline" :

We flew on Air Tran -- not a "participating airline" for which check-in is offered at the resort. Moreover, for our discounted tickets, you couldn't select your seats online until at most 24 hours before the scheduled departure. No problem to make sure my family of 5 sat together for our trip down to Orlando, as I simply went online at home the day before our departure. It was only the day before our departure from the Poly that I realized I wouldn't have the same opportunity for our flights home. I went to the Poly concierge desk to explain my problem, and the woman simply asked for my confirmation number. Without further explanation, she went to the Air Tran website, entered my confirmation number, chose seats on both originating and connecting flights for all 5 of us (in the same row on each flight, 5 across) and promptly printed out all 10 boarding passes for me. I gave her a "Mahalo" and I was on my way.
wahoolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 12:10 AM   #188
Califgirl

VMK MVP
I heart my DIS VMK friends
Looked for Stitch, but found Huck Springs!

Any official word from Disney about USAirways? I'm hoping they will be on board by the time I fly to WDW in late Sept.
The article about adding them to ME Service was from the end of May .. I hope it is still in the works to add them.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:38 PM   #189
tracys2cents
DIS Veteran

Can I check my bags in at Resort Airline Check-In at 7:30am All Star Sports, but tell them I want to take my afternoon DME bus back to the airport out of the Polynesian?
tracys2cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:29 AM   #190
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracys2cents
Can I check my bags in at Resort Airline Check-In at 7:30am All Star Sports, but tell them I want to take my afternoon DME bus back to the airport out of the Polynesian?
No, they won't let you take a DME bus from anyplace else than the resort you were registered at. Sorry.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:47 AM   #191
gichicdoc
inspired

DCL check-in from AKL and luggage transfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gichicdoc
Tyler (Chip n' Dale Express),
Maybe you can help
We are on a land package through Disney vacation for 3 nights at AK lodge and then on a 4 night Wonder cruise. Both booked seperately.
I have two questions:
1. Can we still check-in for our DCL cruise at the AKL before going to the port?
2. Is it possible to have our luggage taken over on the shuttle (at 12:30 pm) even though we are hiring a private car to do the transfers from the lodge to the port. FYI- we are using DME for all of our other transfers (airport to hotel and port to airport).
Thanks so much!!
You are a true asset to this board!!!
m.

Can anyone answer this?? Never heard back from Tyler

Old 08-15-2006, 02:35 PM   #192
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gichicdoc
Can anyone answer this?? Never heard back from Tyler

1. I wouldn't think so. I believe, but could be wrong, that you have to book the entire land/sea package as a whole in order to do the 'one time check-in' thing. I'm doing 5 nights at BWV and then a 4 night cruise...obviously booked piece by piece. It never even crossed my mind that I could do that...only as a package.
2. The DCL 'shuttle' is a service that is paid for. If you have booked piece by piece, as I have done, then you can still use it, but it has to be booked and paid for. So....if you are planning on using a towncar service, why would you pay twice? DCL shuttle is the same type service as DME is...people transfer, with luggage included, rather than a luggage transfer service.

Now, be aware....I have yet to cruise or take any kind of transportation to and from the port. But, I am basing my 'assumptions' on what I've learned on the Cruise Boards. Hope you have a great trip..happy cruising!!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:54 PM   #193
Mike in NC
Earning My Ears

My family is headed south in two weeks. Any word on whether US Air is on board as a participating airline yet? That would be helpful.

Thanks for the feedback.

Day tripper from St. Pete 71-73
Polynesian '74
Contemporary '79
Off grounds '81
Dolphin '95
WL '96
Beach Club '96
WL '97
WL '98
WL '99
AKL '01
Swan '02
Dolphin '03
POR '04
AKL & Contemporary '05
Looking forward to: POR - Sep. '06
WL - Feb. '07
Mike in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:07 PM   #194
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Check out the first page of this thread. If it's not listed there, it's not a Resort Airline Check-in participating airline.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:21 PM   #195
tomerin
DIS Veteran

help me clear up my confusion here

we will be flying out of long island macarthur airport this coming july on southwest airlines. i plan to use ME. now here is where i am a bit confused. all i need to do is place the yellow luggage tags on my luggage when i check in at the airport and then when we arrive at MCO we just go to the ME desk and check in correct. then all i have to do is go to the resort and see if our room is ready and if not well of to the parks.

i have been reading all about ME, if we can save 60 bucks on just one car service trip, i want to do so.

i know i would have to bring my bags and place them under the bus myself and check the bags myself also. on the return trip that is

i am sure this has been answered many times before but honestly the more i read the more confused i get

thanks

POFQ 2007 BW 2007
SSR 2005 POP 2005
Wilderness Lodge 2004 ASM 2002
offsite 1981 offsite 1978
tomerin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: