Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2006, 01:18 AM   #166
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

kjccr: You do NOT have to check your luggage at 5 AM. You have to check it at least three, but no more than twelve, hours before your flight departs, not before you leave the resort for the airport. On the other hand, to be absolutely safe, you should plan to have all your luggage AND all your 'people' at the RAC counter by 7 or 7:15 in case there's a long line.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 04:16 PM   #167
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veater
We tried to use the Resort Check In Desk to come home on 6/27 6pm flight and could NOT. Alaska would not let the resort check us in or our luggage. We had to pick it up and lug it through the airport that afternoon at 3 with the Magical express. I complained to the person that tried to check us in at Pop Century but he said that Alaska had been denying everyone so far that tried to check in. It was not just us. At the airport, I spoke with another passenger that tried to check in at the Contemporary and she had the same problem. She had to take her luggage to the airport and get her boarding pass there. So be prepared as they may advertise that they are "Participating" but in reality they aren't.
It could very well be that on that particular day, Alaska Airlines and/or BAGS were having some technical issues. I'm sure it was just an isolated incident.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2006, 06:25 PM   #168
bbrnca
an addiction is a bad thing unless it is a Mouse thing

Can someone update me on who is a participating airline ????? I've been looking over the transportation treads and cannot figure out who is and isn't, I'm flying USair in Sept. and not sure if they are.
AKV & THV 09
AKV/POR 10-DVC cruise-BLT 10
AKV/Dream 11
BWV/Oasis of the Seas 12
SSR/VWL 12 Anniversary trip
OKW(2days)/Fantasy(7nights)/AKV(4days) 13
OKW Nov 14

My wife collects Minnie's and Mickey collects my money
bbrnca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:14 PM   #169
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrnca
Can someone update me on who is a participating airline ????? I've been looking over the transportation treads and cannot figure out who is and isn't, I'm flying USair in Sept. and not sure if they are.
Check out the first post in this thread.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:45 AM   #170
Donald - my hero
Aww yes. The dreaded "mouse hand"
Rescues lime green Mickey head paint chips from Home Depot

Ok i've read through this entire chain (12 pages) and I don't think I have seen the answer. I have booked ME, flying with Southwest and realize that it is not included in list and all that is involved with that problem. NOW, we are staying at Music Family suites BUT i want to rent a car from Dolphin. Can I get dropped off there? OR must I go to the hotel on my reservation?
Donald - my hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:52 AM   #171
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald - my hero
Ok i've read through this entire chain (12 pages) and I don't think I have seen the answer. I have booked ME, flying with Southwest and realize that it is not included in list and all that is involved with that problem. NOW, we are staying at Music Family suites BUT i want to rent a car from Dolphin. Can I get dropped off there? OR must I go to the hotel on my reservation?
Everyone who gets a ride from DME MUST be dropped off only at the resort where they are a registered guest. Besides, even if that weren't the case, Dolphin isn't a Disney owned and operated resort and thus is not served by DME. Sorry.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:13 AM   #172
the_princess
DIS Veteran

im coming over from europe and i think that im going to orlando sanford international airport. how do i go to WDW from there? im staying at CBR. Is there ME there as well or should i make sure that i go to the other airport?

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
the_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:28 AM   #173
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess
im coming over from europe and i think that im going to orlando sanford international airport. how do i go to WDW from there? im staying at CBR. Is there ME there as well or should i make sure that i go to the other airport?
There's no DME (or any other FREE transportation) from Sanford to WDW. Your options are to book a flight that lands at MCO (Orlando International Airport) and take DME from there, or keep your current flight and arrange for private transportation from there. There are plenty of companies that provide private transportation.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:50 AM   #174
the_princess
DIS Veteran

i haven't booked a flight yet, but from Denmark there is not that many options. But ill try to get one for MCO. Thanks a lot Cleverocks, then i got that sorted out

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
the_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:44 PM   #175
NJBILL
Always Keep An Eye To The Sky

Airtran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
Check out the first post in this thread.

I checked the first thread and did not see Airtran. My brother just booked a WDW trip using AIRTRAN through AAA and was told they were participating?
Is this correct?
Thanks.
Norwegian Dawn-2005
4 Night Land/ 4 Night Land/Sea Package - Aug 2006 AKL Concierge-Disney Wonder / Deluxe Family Stateroom
Aug 17, 2007 Explorer Of The Seas- 9 Night-Bermunda, St.Thomas, St.Maarten, Puerto Rico.
Aug 11, 2008 Norwegian Sky- Bahamas-Nassau, Grand Bahama Island
Polynesian Garden View Club .....July 21-July 28 ,2009
Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean 2010
Disney Dream- CR Club Level- Land/Sea August 25, 2012
NJBILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:05 PM   #176
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBILL
I checked the first thread and did not see Airtran. My brother just booked a WDW trip using AIRTRAN through AAA and was told they were participating?
Is this correct?
Thanks.
They were mis-informed if they were told they could use the Resort Airline Check-In desk to recieve thier boarding passes and check thier luggage at the resort for thier trip home.

They can still use all other transportation and inbound luggage services.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:21 PM   #177
dsnygirl2006
DIS Veteran

So Confused about DME...HELP PLEASE???

Just made my airline ressie's for my upcoming WDW trip in September? I am flying in on Southwest Airlines....can I use ME if flying on the airline? Can I personally make ressies for ME even if I booked my disney package through a travel agency??? and how far out can I book??? Thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated

dsnygirl2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #178
Dopey Sharon
Trust me, stay away from Atlantic City!
Can the Tag Fairy have some Navy Beans and Sloppy Joes?

Yes, you can call yourself and make the reservations. I booked our room through AAA and made my own reservations with DME.

I'm not sure how far out you can make your reservations, but I would think you should be able to make them now. If not, they will let you know when you can.

Have fun!
Dopey Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:35 PM   #179
ItGirl753
DIS Veteran

Sorry, I'm new to this topic and really confused! I have a few questions:

1. Can Shades of Green guests use ME?
2. I do not have to go through a TA - I can book my own flight and then make reservations for ME? (Just the DisneyWorld phone #?) If I do not fly a participating airline, how does it work? I pick up my baggage and take it to the bus?
3. Is there a site where I can read more about ME so I don't have to ask dumb questions?
Thank you.
ItGirl753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:54 PM   #180
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItGirl753
Sorry, I'm new to this topic and really confused! I have a few questions:

1. Can Shades of Green guests use ME?
2. I do not have to go through a TA - I can book my own flight and then make reservations for ME? (Just the DisneyWorld phone #?) If I do not fly a participating airline, how does it work? I pick up my baggage and take it to the bus?
3. Is there a site where I can read more about ME so I don't have to ask dumb questions?
Thank you.
Well first off, guests at SOG can't use DME. Sorry.

People can make DME reservations. You don't need a TA, or a package. You just need to be a registered guest at a Disney owned-and-operated resort.

As for where you can go for more info, the 1st post in this thread would be an excellent start. For example, it says there that EVERYONE on EVERY AIRLINE gets the automatic luggage delivery upon arrival (skipping baggage claim, etc.).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: