Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2006, 06:34 AM   #151
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey13v
I know many of you don't care that Alaska Airlines is now on the list, they only have 2 flights a day at MCO to/from Seattle.
But it is the airline that has Mickey on the tail of a couple of its planes, as well as tink on the 50th celebration decorated plane.(flys from Seattle to Orange County California(DL))

Hope you all get your airlines added. I fly Alaska exclusively, and I'm psyched!!
I think it's terrific!! I love flying into SeaTac and being able to see all the 'eskimo' planes. I'll never forget the first time my 4 y/o dd saw one!!! Way to go Alaska Airlines!!!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:28 AM   #152
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey13v
I Mickey on the tail of a couple of its planes, as well as tink on the 50th celebration decorated plane.(flys from Seattle to Orange County California(DL))!!
Probably a tough question but -- Did Alaska pay Disney to use trademarked material for decoration, or did Disney pay Alaska for advertising space?

If it cost money to "participate" for example hook into the baggage check in process, payments associated with the first question might offset these costs.
Hotel scam! Someone "from the front desk" calls your room phone or knocks on the door, usually after midnight, asking for your credit card number to complete your billing or you will be kicked out. Don't give it to him. It can wait until dawn when you stop by the front desk. This includes Disney's resorts too.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 06-21-2006 at 11:34 AM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #153
mikey13v
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashoreCM
Probably a tough question but -- Did Alaska pay Disney to use trademarked material for decoration, or did Disney pay Alaska for advertising space?

If it cost money to "participate" for example hook into the baggage check in process, payments associated with the first question might offset these costs.

Alaska Airlines and Disney have parntered up for a long time now. Orange County(SNA), Long Beach(LGB), and LA(LAX) all have a lot of Alaska flights, so Lots of Disneyland promotions, kids fly free and stuff like that. I think that Alaska Air has actually been name Disneylands offical Airline.

As far as 'resort airline check-in', you can only actually use it for 1 flight a day. There are 2 Alaska flights out of MCO a day, first one around 7AM, and second aroun 6PM. The 7AM flight is too early in the morning for RAC, so the 6PM one is it. I would assume that the fees for each airline is somehow based on the amount of passengers that will be using it. I really don't know, but that just seems to make sense. But I could see the relative importance of Alaska becoming part of this, strengthening their lucrative partnership with Disney, and possibly helping with expanding this market by adding more flights in the future.

Alaska Airlines is a major player in the industry, but only on the west coast of the North America. They serve Alaska, Canada, Western continental US, and Mexico; with few flights to Chicago, D.C., Orlando, and Miami. They are very big in Seattle, Portland, LA, and Mexican Vacation Destinations.
1996 July, Disneyland Tropicana
1997 June, ASSports (Honeymoon)
1998 August, Disneyland Tropicana
1999 June, Disneyland Tropicana
2000 July, Disneyland Tropicana
2001 Feb, Best Value Inn; Aug, Super 8(formerly Best Value Inn); Nov, Best Inn(formerly Best Value Inn, Super8)
2002 June, Disneyland Tropicana
2003 August, Disneyland Tropicana
2004 April, Disneyland Tropicana; Sept, ASSports (Hurricane Jeanne); Dec, Disneyland Tropicana
2005 Mar, Quality Inn; April, CSR (purchased DVC); Sept, ASSports (free dining with Softball tournament); Nov, Disneyland Hotel; Dec, OKW studio (first DVC stay)
2006 Feb, POFQ/SSR studio; July, Seaworld Renaissance/Hilton/BWV studio; Aug-Sept, POP (free dining); Nov30-Dec3, DCL Bahamas; Dec3-Dec9, BWV 1bdr
2007 June, Disneyland Grand Californian; August, Pop (free dining); Sept, 2 trips BWV&OKW; Oct, 3 trips OKW, OKW, OKW; Nov, SSR
2008 April, AKV SV; July, Pop & SSR; August, Pop (free dining); Sept, BWV; Dec, Disneyland Tropicana

2009 April, VWL & BWV
2009 August, Pop (free dining) & BLT studio bay lake view
mikey13v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:14 PM   #154
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Early morning or later in the evening?

How early does ME start running?

I'm hoping to book our trip soon to WL in February 2007. I'm coming from Toronto and would like to fly WestJet which only has 2 flights a day. The timing to Orlando is perfect but the timing home isn't great.

For my flight home from Orlando, I need to choose between a 7:00am flight, or a 9:15pm flight. If I choose the 7:00am flight would ME run that early, and what awful time would I leave the resort at?

I guess I could do the 9:15pm flight but it seems like a lot of time to fill after check out. We hope to stay at WL CL, so that would be a bit of help hanging around the resort, since we could hopefully use the CL lounge after check out.

What are the expert opinions on these options?

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
JanetMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:24 PM   #155
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

DME is a 24/7 operation. They never close. A 7:00 a.m. flight means that your scheduled pick-up time at your resort would be around ... {sit down, please} ... 4:00 or 4:15 a.m.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:05 PM   #156
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Yuck - that is what I thought.

Air Canada, here we come. They cost more and have poorer service, but at least they offer more flights per day.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
JanetMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:33 PM   #157
Davy Jones 16
Mouseketeer

Read through the thread and still not sure. We leave on Friday and are booked with a group of 11 families flying in for a baseball tournament. We had to give all of our flight information to our Disney travel planner and we are staying at POR. We have not received vouchers or the tags. Our trip is confirmed (booked through Disney Sprorts Travel) but we have no tangible confirmation. We will grab our bags (what I wanted to do anyway) and I assume the DME welcome desk has a computer and can look up our reservation. Help. We leave in 2 days!!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:12 AM   #158
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy Jones 16
Read through the thread and still not sure. We leave on Friday and are booked with a group of 11 families flying in for a baseball tournament. We had to give all of our flight information to our Disney travel planner and we are staying at POR. We have not received vouchers or the tags. Our trip is confirmed (booked through Disney Sprorts Travel) but we have no tangible confirmation. We will grab our bags (what I wanted to do anyway) and I assume the DME welcome desk has a computer and can look up our reservation. Help. We leave in 2 days!!
If you were planning all along to grab your own bags at baggage claim anyway, then, as you know, it's no loss that you don't have your DME tags. In fact, if you did and 'accidentally" put them on some of your bags, that would have actually caused a problem for you! [But just for the record, even without DME tags you CAN still skip baggage claim and have your bags automatically delivered to your room, anyway]

I'm guessing you DO have SOME written confirmation of your DME reservations. Do you have a WDTC document that says "Reservation Confirmation" at the top? I have 2 different types of docs so far for my November trip, "Reservation Confirmation" and "Invoice." Ignore the invoice for now, look at the other one.

My Reservation Confirmation document lists out each of our items. One line item is the resort info. Another line item is our park admissions. There are also separate line items for Planet Hollywood Meal Voucher, PH Merch. Voucher, and the travel insurance we purchased through Disney. IN ADDITION, I have separate line items for DME. The one near the top of the list says "FR MCO - DISNEY MAGICAL EXPRESS 1 PER PERSON" and at the bottom says "TO MCO - DISNEY MAGICAL EXPRESS 1 PER PERSON."

If you have something like this, then you have proof of reservation.

But you'll only need "proof" if there's some sort of computer glitch. When you get to the DME Welcome Center with your luggage, they'll just be able to look you up on the computer.

If I were you, I'd make myself feel better and call DME directly (866-599-0951) and confirm my DME reservations.

HAVE FUN!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 02:07 PM   #159
adreamisawish
"And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb"

Same person with question, was logged in under son's name last night. We don't have any paperwork at all. When you book with a group throught the Disney Sport Travel, there is only one contact person allowed. So my friend is the coordinator and all arrangement were made as one clump throught the Disney Travel. When they first tried to send everyone tags, they were all messed up (children with different parents, etc.) So the coordinator at Disney Sports travel said he fixed it, but we would not need anything. I am wondering if I call DME, will I need a conf. #. I will try in a bit. Thanks!!

WDW Contemporary Resort 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, WDW Polynesian 1978, 1979, 1980, WDW Wilderness Lodge 2003, Disney Wonder Cruise 2003, WDW Pop Century 2004, WDW Off Site 2005, Marriott Anaheim 2005, POR 2006, WL 2007, OKW 2008, CBR 2009
adreamisawish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:32 PM   #160
kjccr
Mouseketeer

Quick question.....We have a 11:00am flight out of MCO on Northwest. I am assuming we will get onto DME around 8am, so our luggage will need to be checked with the resort airline check-in counter around 5am (right?). Does our entire family need to be present to check our luggage or can just one adult do it? Also, can we get our boarding passes earlier than when we check our luggage? So for example, can we print our boarding passes 24 hours in advance (so 11:00am the day before we leave) and then still go check our luggage around 5am the morning that we leave? Thanks in advance!!

1985 offsite
1994 offsite
2000 Fort Wilderness Campground
2002 Contemporary
2005 Shades of Green
2006 Polynesian
2007 Polynesian
2008 Disney Magic October 11-18
2009 Polynesian
kjccr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:27 PM   #161
adreamisawish
"And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb"

Thanks for the number, CleveRocks. I called and they had us in the system. She gave me one confirmation number for the entire family to use. She said since we were in the computer, we did not need a voucher or anything and she did recommend us pulling our own luggage, since we arrive at 10:15pm. We are Southwest and she said SW flies in on level 3, baggage claim is directly below on level 2 and the DME counter is directly below the SW baggage claim on level 1. We will land and make our way down!!

Thanks!

WDW Contemporary Resort 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, WDW Polynesian 1978, 1979, 1980, WDW Wilderness Lodge 2003, Disney Wonder Cruise 2003, WDW Pop Century 2004, WDW Off Site 2005, Marriott Anaheim 2005, POR 2006, WL 2007, OKW 2008, CBR 2009
adreamisawish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:18 AM   #162
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjccr
Quick question.....We have a 11:00am flight out of MCO on Northwest. I am assuming we will get onto DME around 8am, so our luggage will need to be checked with the resort airline check-in counter around 5am (right?). Does our entire family need to be present to check our luggage or can just one adult do it? Also, can we get our boarding passes earlier than when we check our luggage? So for example, can we print our boarding passes 24 hours in advance (so 11:00am the day before we leave) and then still go check our luggage around 5am the morning that we leave? Thanks in advance!!

Yes, you will most likely be picked up by DME around 8ish. You can check you bags at any time, it just has to be 3 hrs before your flight departure time. I was told, last June at POR, that everyone has to be at the desk in order to get boarding passes, since it is exactly the same as checking in at the airport...where they want to see ID and such. So, plan on having everyone there, in person. I believe you have to check your luggage at the same time you get boarding passes, but could be wrong.
The one thing I would suggest is to get to the airline checkin desk as early as you can. I have seen very long lines around 8ish in the mornings.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:51 AM   #163
kjccr
Mouseketeer

Thank you...but here's a new twist....what if we all went to the check in counter right before we went to bed the night before we leave and get our boarding pass and check our luggage then ( we are avid cruisers and are all too comfortable with turning our luggage over the night before we leave!) Thanks again!

1985 offsite
1994 offsite
2000 Fort Wilderness Campground
2002 Contemporary
2005 Shades of Green
2006 Polynesian
2007 Polynesian
2008 Disney Magic October 11-18
2009 Polynesian
kjccr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:45 AM   #164
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjccr
Thank you...but here's a new twist....what if we all went to the check in counter right before we went to bed the night before we leave and get our boarding pass and check our luggage then ( we are avid cruisers and are all too comfortable with turning our luggage over the night before we leave!) Thanks again!
The counters/desks close at 2:00 in the afternoon, or in that area. Don't open up again until 5:00 a.m. So, you can't do that. Sorry. That's the reason so many people change their very early flights to ones that are after 8:00 a.m. I know I did just that last Dec...that way I could to the early checkin with the airline desk...changed from a 7 a.m. flight to one at 10:00..much easier to work with.

Old 07-01-2006, 10:20 PM   #165
Veater
Earning My Ears

Alaska Airlines NOT all that participating

We tried to use the Resort Check In Desk to come home on 6/27 6pm flight and could NOT. Alaska would not let the resort check us in or our luggage. We had to pick it up and lug it through the airport that afternoon at 3 with the Magical express. I complained to the person that tried to check us in at Pop Century but he said that Alaska had been denying everyone so far that tried to check in. It was not just us. At the airport, I spoke with another passenger that tried to check in at the Contemporary and she had the same problem. She had to take her luggage to the airport and get her boarding pass there. So be prepared as they may advertise that they are "Participating" but in reality they aren't.
Veater is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: