Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2014, 06:09 AM   #1486
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules123 View Post
First time DME user here. Our return flight doesn't leave until 9:20 p.m. I had planned on getting up that morning, doing RAC and leaving my bags, then heading to MK to spend the day. But I see I can't check in with RAC more than 12 hours before my flight, which would be after 9:20 a.m. I had hoped to be at MK by rope drop. Do I just need to leave my bags with bell services and then come back and do RAC before they close at 1?? Or just forget about rope drop that day and sleep in a little and then do RAC around 9:30 a.m., then head to MK?
I would wait and check bags before heading to MK. That's just me. I would guess it would take an hour out of your day to return to resort mid day. Unless of course you normally do that to take a mid day break anyway.
We like to get to parks early but we're not rope drop people.

I think there's no right or wrong answer and just a matter of personal preference.
Looking at your signature, if staying at ASSp in June, I think I'd get to rope drop, then return later when the parks get busy. By noon it will be pretty hot & crowded.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:46 AM   #1487
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But I see I can't check in with RAC more than 12 hours before my flight, which would be after 9:20 a.m.
I am pretty sure that is no longer the case.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2014, 07:47 AM   #1488
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I believe I've heard that they waive that 12 hr ruling when using RAC simply because of issues like yours. I would ask at the RAC counter when you arrive at the resort. They can give you the definitive answer, rather than us guessing.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:57 AM   #1489
mskermit
Mouseketeer

I am a new flyer to Disney, we usually drive but doing a short sept trip. we are flying on spirit airlines, not on the list of check in airlines, is there anywhere we can print our boarding passes at Disney instead of at the airport?? I like to have everything in hand when I get there
Caribbean Beach 08-12
POR Riverside 08-12
Art of Animation 08-13 & 03-14
Pop Century 9-14

mskermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:06 AM   #1490
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
First time DME user here. Our return flight doesn't leave until 9:20 p.m. I had planned on getting up that morning, doing RAC and leaving my bags, then heading to MK to spend the day. But I see I can't check in with RAC more than 12 hours before my flight, which would be after 9:20 a.m. I had hoped to be at MK by rope drop. Do I just need to leave my bags with bell services and then come back and do RAC before they close at 1?? Or just forget about rope drop that day and sleep in a little and then do RAC around 9:30 a.m., then head to MK?
as long as you'd be back at your resort before 1 p.m., then your plan sounds perfect. RAC requires that you complete their check-in process no later than 3 hours before your flight, so 1 p.m. would certainly qualify.

But if I was in this situation, a few days before check-out I'd go to the RAC folks when they weren't busy and ask the question if you can use the service slightly earlier than 12 hours before your flight. Years back, I'm pretty sure I remember that the 12-hour rule was no longer in effect, but I'm not confident enough to report that to you. Maybe YOU can find it out and report it back to US? :-)
Old 05-18-2014, 08:09 AM   #1491
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskermit View Post
I am a new flyer to Disney, we usually drive but doing a short sept trip. we are flying on spirit airlines, not on the list of check in airlines, is there anywhere we can print our boarding passes at Disney instead of at the airport?? I like to have everything in hand when I get there
No problem! Just go to your resort's lobby concierge desk and ask them to print your boarding passes. Some deluxe resorts may offer a self-service area for this, but the lobby concierge folks at any resort will be happy to print your boarding passes. I'm a frequent Spirit flyer, been there done that.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #1492
Jules123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
as long as you'd be back at your resort before 1 p.m., then your plan sounds perfect. RAC requires that you complete their check-in process no later than 3 hours before your flight, so 1 p.m. would certainly qualify.

But if I was in this situation, a few days before check-out I'd go to the RAC folks when they weren't busy and ask the question if you can use the service slightly earlier than 12 hours before your flight. Years back, I'm pretty sure I remember that the 12-hour rule was no longer in effect, but I'm not confident enough to report that to you. Maybe YOU can find it out and report it back to US? :-)
I'll try that and post here when I get back!
Old 05-19-2014, 05:31 PM   #1493
mskermit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
No problem! Just go to your resort's lobby concierge desk and ask them to print your boarding passes. Some deluxe resorts may offer a self-service area for this, but the lobby concierge folks at any resort will be happy to print your boarding passes. I'm a frequent Spirit flyer, been there done that.

great good to know thanks!! and they can add a carry on bag to that as well if we need to for me?? we are taking what spirit considers a personal bag to avoid the fees and now Im thinking what if we wanted to bring stuff home???!!! I don't think I can go to WDW and not bring things home for the 4 grandkids, oh well and myself
Caribbean Beach 08-12
POR Riverside 08-12
Pop Century 9-14

Old 05-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #1494
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskermit View Post
great good to know thanks!! and they can add a carry on bag to that as well if we need to for me?? we are taking what spirit considers a personal bag to avoid the fees and now Im thinking what if we wanted to bring stuff home???!!! I don't think I can go to WDW and not bring things home for the 4 grandkids, oh well and myself
if you have a smartphone, you can go online yourself to pay for your carry-on; you don't need to print anything out to do that. You might want to go ahead and do that now just to make sure you don't forget. I think Spirit charges $100 for a carry-on at the gate if you didn't pre-book it.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:49 AM   #1495
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

It may be cheaper to check a bag with Sprit vs. carrying on. At least it used to be.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #1496
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

I understand you have to ride ME to get the luggage transfer, but do all of us need to? We plan on getting a rental car for our trip in December...there's 4 of us, my DH and DD5 and DS2. If me and DD can ride ME and have luggage transferred we can get a smaller rental car that DH and DS can take to the resort. If we have to take our own luggage we will need a larger SUV to fit strollers, car seats and luggage (we pack a lot )
We are ok either way I just wanted to ask before we tried it!
Thanks,
Jenn

jcondrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #1497
mskermit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
if you have a smartphone, you can go online yourself to pay for your carry-on; you don't need to print anything out to do that. You might want to go ahead and do that now just to make sure you don't forget. I think Spirit charges $100 for a carry-on at the gate if you didn't pre-book it.

yep 100.00 at the gate!! we bought small duffle bags that fit the size requirements of their personal item so no fee! im thinking if I buy stuff to bring home ill just buy a large bag and pay the carry on fee, probably cheaper than shipping it home. I cant go to Disney and not bring a ton of stuff home!! lol
Caribbean Beach 08-12
POR Riverside 08-12
Pop Century 9-14

Old 06-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #1498
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

I've been reading the thread but haven't had time to read all - so please forgive me if this is a repeat question.....

I am booking our flights today and looking at return flight time. This will be our first time using ME. If my flight is at 10:30 am and we are checking our luggage, at what time do I need to check my luggage with RAC and what time will I leave on ME to go to MCO?

Thanks so much!
WDWRids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:04 PM   #1499
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
I've been reading the thread but haven't had time to read all - so please forgive me if this is a repeat question.....

I am booking our flights today and looking at return flight time. This will be our first time using ME. If my flight is at 10:30 am and we are checking our luggage, at what time do I need to check my luggage with RAC and what time will I leave on ME to go to MCO?

Thanks so much!
ME pickup is 3 hours before your flight. IIRC luggage check opens at 5am.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:00 PM   #1500
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

I am trying to figure out transportation for my Nov trip. Tell me if this plan can even be done or makes any sense.

We are actually starting our trip this year at Universal (gasp!). So I was thinking of renting a car at MCO on the day we arrive, driving to US, return the rental car to MCO two days later, and then take ME to Disney.

1. Can I even take ME on a day my flight doesn't arrive?
2. Does it make more sense to just pick a rental agency at Disney where I can return my car?
3. Or just nix the rental car and take shuttles from MCO and US?

Any guidance would be lovely.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: