Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #1
luckycharmaine
Mouseketeer

Waiting for prices to drop?

We are planning to go to WDW on the first week of November of this year. Should I wait for the prices to drop? Right now they are around $500 per person. I use Kayak and I haven't seen prices at Southwest yet because they only have prices till June. Thank you for all the replies!
luckycharmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:08 PM   #2
SandyinMonterey
Mouseketeer

No one can say when prices will go down. I can just tell you my last experience buying airfare. We have trip planned to WDW flying from California. When I started looking, 11 months out, the cheapest fare was in the high $400's. But the catch was (for me) the return flight. Sure the departure was in the $400's but on return it just about doubled. I was certain it could only go down, it really didn't. I didn't end up going with that airline anyway (we usually fly United) because of cost and connection(s). We stay away from SFO. Ended up paying more but for better times and staying out of SFO which was worth the extra cost. I've been seeing on the news a lot lately about airlines putting more seats onto planes. We're packed in there as it is. I suggest you buy your airfare when you feel comfortable with the price and not whether it will go down or not.
SandyinMonterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:12 PM   #3
luckycharmaine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyinMonterey View Post
No one can say when prices will go down. I can just tell you my last experience buying airfare. We have trip planned to WDW flying from California. When I started looking, 11 months out, the cheapest fare was in the high $400's. But the catch was (for me) the return flight. Sure the departure was in the $400's but on return it just about doubled. I was certain it could only go down, it really didn't. I didn't end up going with that airline anyway (we usually fly United) because of cost and connection(s). We stay away from SFO. Ended up paying more but for better times and staying out of SFO which was worth the extra cost. I've been seeing on the news a lot lately about airlines putting more seats onto planes. We're packed in there as it is. I suggest you buy your airfare when you feel comfortable with the price and not whether it will go down or not.
I see. When we are ready I shall make the purchase. It seems that it is because that time off the year that's why it's pricey. If I book the end of April of this year it's only $260 and November is $500.
luckycharmaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: