Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2005, 02:12 PM   #1
Madi100
DIS Veteran

How Many Coupons Can I Use At Michaels?

I have a Joann's coupon to save 50% off, but I also have a 40% off at Michaels. Can I use both coupons at Michaels on two different items?
Madi100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 02:20 PM   #2
nicurn
"dark side" scrapper
target shopping queen
Never say never to the Tag Fairy!
Gotta love drywall tape!

you may have to actually buy one item and then come back in with your next coupon. maggie

ps: michael's here will take ac moore, joann's and total craft coupons

thanks piratesmate
nicurn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

There's one elderly woman at our Mikes who will actually yell across the other registers to say "You've already used a coupon!" LOL The other cashiers just ignore her usually...depends on whether the manager is standing there I think.

When I've done it, I've taken my stuff to the car, come back in & gone to a different cashier....at least when I don't make DD come with me.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:48 PM   #4
Cinderumbrella
Wench

I have always gone the next day with my other coupon
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 04:51 PM   #5
stm61
DIS Veteran

our local AC Moore always just either rang it up seperately or made you go to another register, depending on the line behind you. Last wk they refused to let me use the second coupon and told me I couldn't leave and come back in again. I asked for the mgr, explained what had happened, he said their policy has always been 1 coupon per customer per day. I very nicely pointed out that if I had known their "new" policy, I would have had all my items rung up together and used the 50% off coupon on the $25 item. Instead, I had kept that back and used a 40% coupon on the rest of my items, which saved me less then $1. I had only seperated the items because that's what I'd been told to do for the last 6 1/2 yrs! At that pt he gave in and told the cashier to go ahead and use the 2nd coupon. No problem, from now on I take one of the kids with me and have them use the 2nd coupon for me.
stm61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 07:58 PM   #6
Twigs
DIS Cast Member
I got tagged even though I wasn't optimistic!

Quote:
When I've done it, I've taken my stuff to the car, come back in & gone to a different cashier....at least when I don't make DD come with me.
This is exactly what I do too, in ACMoore and Michaels.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:17 PM   #7
Mickey's old friend
Mouseketeer

The official policy will let you use 1 Michaels coupon and then you sign an exception log and you can use a compeditor's coupon in one transaction. Hopefully all stores are following the correct policy.
Mickey's old friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:30 PM   #8
ksjayhawks
DIS Veteran
Dorothy and Toto have taken all my glory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey's old friend
The official policy will let you use 1 Michaels coupon and then you sign an exception log and you can use a compeditor's coupon in one transaction. Hopefully all stores are following the correct policy.
That is what they do at my Michaels. It is great! I don't have to run clear to the other side of town to Joann's to get what I need. I have even used the hobby lobby coupon there, though hl is close to home, too.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:06 PM   #9
Madi100
DIS Veteran

We went tonight, and I just told them I had two coupons to use, so I had two transactions. Mine were very small - I bought two quote stacks or whatever they are called, the verses on vellum. My friend who we made the trip for bought alphabets for her sizzix machine. So, her one coupon alone saved her $75. The other was just for a die.

Today this friend of mine spent over $250 on a sizzix machine and alphabets. All of them were 50% off. Oh, to have that money
Madi100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:22 PM   #10
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

My answer would have to be "none" - I've been in there two weeks running with coupons burning a hole in my pocket and not able to find anything I can't live with out that's not already on sale! BOOO
Old 10-22-2005, 10:15 PM   #11
scraphappy92
Mouseketeer
Give me Kenny Chesney (oh, please give him to me!)

Just went tonight and they let me use a Joann's 50%, Joann's 40% and Michael's 40% in one transaction. All three were different coupons from different flyers. Then I went to Joanns and used two 50% off (one internet, one flyer) and a 40% off! Good night for savings and my total for the two stores only came to about $40!

Our local Joanns has two clerks that will only let you use one coupon per transaction and I politely disagreed with them numerous times. Tonight the store manager rang me out and used all three of my coupons on one transaction so I asked him about it (and nasty me even pointed out the two clerks since they have been so rude to me in the past!) and he said he would make sure ALL the cashiers know the rules...you can use as many coupons as you want as long as the source is different (i.e I could have used mailing, internet, flyer, and competitor coupons in one transaction).
scraphappy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 08:19 AM   #12
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraphappy92
snip.........you can use as many coupons as you want as long as the source is different (i.e I could have used mailing, internet, flyer, and competitor coupons in one transaction).
Wow! Thanks for that! It's good to know. I just found out that my JoAnns has some employees that have been making up their own rules recently & had decided to stop shopping there. My most recent run-in involved purchasing a sale item - clearly pictured in their flyer for $1.99. However, it was also in a larger "category" that was on sale for 50% off. She insisted on charging me the higher price. I'd already been wrangling with her over an "even" exchange so when she wouldn't budge, I just dropped it. It was awfully slow at the time & there were no other workers to be seen. I just left and went back later - and by then the item was on sale for $1.49 so they gave it to me for that price.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:51 PM   #13
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

I think it depends on how lienent your mike's is. Ours is different on different days/cashiers. Sometimes they will let you use multiple coupons, sometime they will take jo ann's coupons, sometimes they will give you the discount without a coupon, sometimes they have them at the counter, and sometimes not. I once was in line behind a lady that used 4 on one order, her mother didn't have any coupons and the cashier gave her the discount and then wouldn't give it to me without coupon even though I personally witnessed her doing it 2 minutes before. I even contacted thier home offices over these issues and never have gotten a satisfactory answer. So i'd give it a shot and if they don't let you do it, try another line or go out and comeback in if its really something you want to get the discount on.
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: