Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #61
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pershing
CRSNDSNY- Our only 7 day Magic was in January also 2005. We didn't tender at Grand Cayman or CC. Maybe you were on that one also? Windy!
Our only 7-nighter was the 7-night Eastern during Christmas 2001.
The last time we were on the Magic was for the special 4-night sailing January 4-8, 2005.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #62
2munchkins
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!

We'll be joining y'all on the cruise - me, DH, DD(5)and DD(7).

This is our second cruise. We did the Western in January 2006, and loved it! Re-booked on board for April 28, 2007, but had to move it up due to DD's first communion being the first weekend in May.

We're not Red Sox fans, but I think we can all get along

Since school will be out the week prior to the cruise, we will be driving down this year. It definitely beats the cost of 4 airfares and a rental car! We'll go to WDW for a few days, then off to the port! I can't wait to get back on board - there are so many things I didn't get to do last time.
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2006, 03:42 PM   #63
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member

WELCOME ABOARD!

What are you looking forward to this time around? Anything you didn't do last time that you want to fit in for this cruise?
Old 07-07-2006, 10:11 PM   #64
pershing
DIS Veteran

Welcome 2munchkins!

You might not mention that you're not a Red Sox fan on the cruise, all of Massachusetts has off the week of the cruise! So most of the cruise could potentially be New Englanders.

I'm looking forward to Palo's Brunch which I missed last time and seeing Saint John, which is the only Island on the itinerary that I haven't been to. (I did alot of barefoot cruises when I was in my tw-0enties.)

2Munchkins- where are you staying hotel wise before the cruise?

Since you're driving down, I would guess you'd be staying at the Radisson for the free parking during the cruise. Am I right?

Sue
01/02/14-01/05/14 Disney Magic 04/13/13 - 04/20/13 Disney Fantasy 04/19/12 - 04/22/12 Disney Dream 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 Disney Dream 05/10/09 - 05/14/09 Disney Wonder 04/14/07 - 04/21/07 Disney Magic 01/15/05 - 01/22/05 Disney Magic 11/13/03 - 11/16/03 Disney Wonder
pershing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:14 AM   #65
EAP'sDAD
Mouseketeer

Welcome to all the new additions to the thread.
I was thinking about doing the Radisson before we are driving down. Where is the best place to go for a good price?
And as long as your not a Yankee fan I think you should survive the trip.
EAP'sDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:25 AM   #66
2munchkins
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the welcomes!

Last cruise my DDs were in two different Kids clubs, because of their ages. It seemed like DH and I were always either putting one in or taking one out, which kept us from attending some of the activities we wanted to do. (Since it was a family trip, we didn't dump them in the club all day, as some parents do.) This time they will be together in the club (5-7 yr olds), so DH and I will have more time for other things.

The things we missed last time were the Palo brunch (we did dinner - fantastic!), the wine tasting, and the ship tours. We also only had one day at the pool because it was a little chilly out. And, at the ports, we never had a good beach day (lots of clouds). So I'm looking for warmth and nice beaches!

Also, we learned the hard way that every character appears more than once during the cruise for pictures/autographs, so you don't need to worry if you miss someone the first time. (For example, Mickey and the gang are out once in their formal wear, again in sailing clothes, and a third time in 'regular' attire.)

Prior to the cruise we hope to stay at a Disney resort (depending upon the price). I'd like to get the magic going early! During the cruise we will park at the port. I know the Radisson provides free parking, but we plan on being one of the first ones off the ship and driving back to Magic Kingdom for one last fun-filled day prior to heading home. We did this last January as well and was at Animal Kingdom by 9:15!

And by the way, we hate the Yankees. The Dodgers are my husband's team-of-choice.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:28 PM   #67
pershing
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2munchkins
Thanks for the welcomes!

Last cruise my DDs were in two different Kids clubs, because of their ages. It seemed like DH and I were always either putting one in or taking one out, which kept us from attending some of the activities we wanted to do. (Since it was a family trip, we didn't dump them in the club all day, as some parents do.) This time they will be together in the club (5-7 yr olds), so DH and I will have more time for other things.
I actually have the opposite problem! My oldest and youngest both have dominant personalities and could use a break from each other! Like a week LONG break. But my oldest will be just twelve, so all three DS's qualify for the lab. I'm hoping to convince the counselors to bump my oldest up to the stack as he has started those teenage years mentally already.

I am definately flying Southwest now that driving to Logan has become a death defying adventure all on its own. I love Jetblue, but I'm not willing to go thru that tunnel to fly with them (and their prices haven't been good lately!)

We've never flown out of TF Green before, but I hear a new bus route might be established between the Cape and there. Anyway, Providence it is.

Sue
01/02/14-01/05/14 Disney Magic 04/13/13 - 04/20/13 Disney Fantasy 04/19/12 - 04/22/12 Disney Dream 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 Disney Dream 05/10/09 - 05/14/09 Disney Wonder 04/14/07 - 04/21/07 Disney Magic 01/15/05 - 01/22/05 Disney Magic 11/13/03 - 11/16/03 Disney Wonder
pershing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:37 AM   #68
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member

Great! Seems like a lot of us are snagging our airfare quite early! In fact, this is the absolute earliest I've ever purchased airfare for a Disney trip!!!
Old 07-22-2006, 10:41 PM   #69
dis2008

Smile Hi All-

We are also scheduled to be on the cruise. This will be our third cruise. I realize it is school vacation week in the Northeast and the ship will have many kids. That doesn't bother us at all....

With that said.........

We are a bit nervous though...(My Partner and I) We love everything Disney and are both looking forward to going on this cruise. We have second dinner seating. We are VERY low key and hope we might find some others to have seating rotation with.

We are keeping our fingers crossed we can keep this cruise date. Nice to see so many people talking about the cruise so far...

dis2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:16 PM   #70
gammasip
Earning My Ears

We've booked this cruise too. It's me, DH, S, BIL, and DM....all adults, looking forward to a great Disney cruise.
I'm new to these boards, and new to Disney. This will be the first Disney cruise for all of us, but not our first cruise.

Thanks EAP'sDAD for directing me to this thread.
gammasip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:10 PM   #71
EAP'sDAD
Mouseketeer

Welcome aboard. It looks to be a large New England group. What part of Ct. are you from I am in Fairfield County.
EAP'sDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:00 PM   #72
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member

Cool

Welcome to all those just checking in!

This cruise cannot come fast enough! We are so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis2008
We are a bit nervous though...(My Partner and I) We love everything Disney and are both looking forward to going on this cruise. We have second dinner seating. We are VERY low key and hope we might find some others to have seating rotation with.
I hope you're able to find someone to dine with. We have first seating this time but totally understand where you are coming from. It is not that we don't like to socialize with others, but we are always a nervous wreck about who we will be scheduled with. Right now we have a table for 4 requested in the hopes that we'll be seated alone. We have first dining rotation.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:08 PM   #73
gammasip
Earning My Ears

DH and I are from Cheshire.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:17 PM   #74
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member

Talking

gammasip - Do you post under the same name on the Cruise Critics board? I just joined there last week and posted. LOL!
Old 07-24-2006, 03:44 PM   #75
gammasip
Earning My Ears

Yes, that's me. I just started posting on this board. A friend from CC told me about this.
I figured it would be confusing if I started posting under a new name. Not sure if it would confuse others, but it would have confused me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: