Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2007, 07:29 AM   #571
MEdisneyfan
Earning My Ears

I have finally stopped moving. It took all week to get that sensation gone, but now I kinda miss it. We knew Adam V. was going to be on board, he does business with my father's company. We saw him and said hi, but like someone else said, we did not mention his name because everyone needs a vacation. But it was cool to hear people whispering about it all week. Munchkinsmom you did sit beside him at lunch that day, that is when we first spotted him.
We haven't rebooked yet, but I know that we will certainly cruise again. I can't wait to go back to Castaway Cay, sunburn and all.
MEdisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:59 PM   #572
YenSid1222
I spent my life hoping someday my dreams would set me free, but now I am learning the true reality, that I can wish, hope and dream but its never meant to be...unless I believe in me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
I think we met at sunset (or Maho) beach. I think we both waited until 2:30 hoping that a Corsair 747 would land, but it never arrived. Beautiful beach, looking at the video I took it was truly amazing how low the Air France A340 was when it passed over the beach. It was fun hanging with fellow planespotters (or "airplane geeks" as DW puts it! ).
HEY! It was great to meet you. I was very happy to get some great shots of our (AA's) 757s that day. I have a great one of the 75 with the winglets on it...I am ready to fly down to SXM and just hang out at that beach for a couple of days...
Disney Dream - 4 Nt Bahamas - October 2011 | Disney Wonder - 2 Nt Cruise to Nowhere - January 2011 | Disney Magic - 7 Night Repositioning Barcelona to Dover - June 5, 2010 | Disney Magic - Eastern May 9, 2009 | Disney Wonder - 3 Night Bahamas - December 11, 2008 | Disney Magic - 7 Night Eastern - April 14, 2007 | Disney Magic - 7 Night Western -February 10, 2007
YenSid1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2007, 01:35 PM   #573
Barbossa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEdisneyfan View Post
I have finally stopped moving. It took all week to get that sensation gone, but now I kinda miss it. We knew Adam V. was going to be on board, he does business with my father's company. We saw him and said hi, but like someone else said, we did not mention his name because everyone needs a vacation. But it was cool to hear people whispering about it all week. Munchkinsmom you did sit beside him at lunch that day, that is when we first spotted him.
We haven't rebooked yet, but I know that we will certainly cruise again. I can't wait to go back to Castaway Cay, sunburn and all.
Yeah we (I'm munchkinsmom's DH) were sitting right next to him and I didn't even notice. The guy has so many SB rings that the ship was listing to the side he was sitting on! Great kicker.
Barbossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:12 PM   #574
yogibigdog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pershing View Post
A free night would have been a better apology! That's about the only way I'll go back.

Who re-booked and for when? I just picked a week out of the blue and rebooked knowing I'd move it, just to get the discounts. I picked the first week of Dec. 2008, but since I've been home I'm starting to have my eye on the 2008 August Panama Canal cruise back to Port Canaveral. I'm thinking we could Jetblue or Southwest out to Los Angeles, however that cruise seems popular and mostly sold out already ! No matter when the rest of MA starts school, we always start AFTER Labor Day due to the tourism so the dates fit for us. I would love to have the kids see the Panama Canal! My friends took their kids to Panama for an entire summer month and spent days at the Canal.
I booked for April school vacation next year with friends we have 4 cabins plus we have 3 more coming.
I had already booked the Panama Canal Aug 08. I booked it the day it came out and it also sold out that day. I think as the date draws nearer there will be cancellations. My kids will miss 4 days of school so I have to think long and hard about going. I am sending you a pm.
Magic Christmas and a Dream New Years 2013
yogibigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:25 AM   #575
TJeff
Mouseketeer

yogibigdog,
When is April vacation for next year?
It's the same week as Patriots day here in MA rigth?

Had a great time, DW and DMIL got sick on the thursday rocking at sea and then again Fri night coming in. Met a few of you at the dismeet, I had my DD only, DS didn't want to get out of the pool with his cousins at that time.
Shows were great!
Pirate night was awesome. With my costume on, leaving dinner, I had a 13ish kid come up to me with an autograph book and asked for mine.
I also hear a lady say, "he must be in the show tonight" and multiple people telling me, "great costume!"
I was so stunned, I told the kid I was just on the cruise with him.

St Maarten was nice, my DBIL and I picked up some cuban cigars for the 10 PM cigar/cognac at the Cove Cafe and really enjoyed them.

As for Adam V. I heard he was there on day 2 but didn't see him til the last night at dinner. Turns out he was in our 5:30 dinner all week, never talked to him, but did see a handful of guys 'bothering' him while trying to have dinner with his family. I'm sure it went on every night.

Hope to do another one in the next year or two.
Magic: April 14, 2007 Eastern W/ POP
Magic: April 19, 2008 Western W/ POP
WDW April 2009
Fantasy: April 14, 2012
TJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:42 AM   #576
yogibigdog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJeff View Post
yogibigdog,
When is April vacation for next year?
It's the same week as Patriots day here in MA rigth?

Hope to do another one in the next year or two.
Next year vacation falls on the week of April 19th so it will be a Western cruise. Come on join us!
yogibigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #577
pershing
DIS Veteran

It would be nice to go again next year! We had a wonderful time this time.

Since this thread seems to be winding down. I thought I could use it to organize the 'tip' thread I'd like to do on the Trip reports board. I plan on editing it with ideas.

Here are some ideas of new things I did this cruise. And things I wouldn't do again.

+Watching the boat leave Charlotte Amalie was kinda exciting because the view was so spectacular and the people on shore watched.

-if your renting from National because you're going back to WDW and are dropping it off at Dolphin Resort-call and ask for the shuttle to come get you BEFORE you get on the boat. I've heard a couple times that Nat'l doesn't have a shuttle, but it does. You just have to call ahead and convince them to come get you.

2 things so far-I'll be back.

Single mom stuff:
+Tell TA you don't want to be at isolated table. I never even considered I would be put at my own table. While it turned out ok 'cause my neighbors were so talkative, I really would have enjoyed more adult interaction at dinner. My kids always took off for the clubs before the end.

Anyone want me to include 1 or 2 things if you're not planning on doing a trip report yourself?

Sue
01/02/14-01/05/14 Disney Magic 04/13/13 - 04/20/13 Disney Fantasy 04/19/12 - 04/22/12 Disney Dream 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 Disney Dream 05/10/09 - 05/14/09 Disney Wonder 04/14/07 - 04/21/07 Disney Magic 01/15/05 - 01/22/05 Disney Magic 11/13/03 - 11/16/03 Disney Wonder

Last edited by pershing; 05-09-2007 at 08:42 AM. Reason: adding more items
pershing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:22 AM   #578
Barbossa
DIS Veteran

+ Make more Palo reservations.
- Leave the Tux at home
+ Explore more of Castaway Cay
- Explore less of St. Thomas
- Pack lighter
+ Improve my pirate costume
Barbossa is offline   Reply With Quote