Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2005, 08:20 AM   #1
JoeSam
Mouseketeer

UoG Age Ranges?

On reading the Unofficial Guide, the attractions are rated by the categories of Pre-school and Grade School. In the UK, children typically start primary school the term before their 4th birthday. Is this the same in the US? That would make my DS (just 5 when we go) a part of the grade school category. Thanks for your help.

Also, what do you think about Splash Mountain for this age? (DS doesn't like getting a lot of water on his face)
JoeSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:46 AM   #2
lentesta

Tomorrow's child....da da da da da....

Hi Joe Sam,

I believe the age ranges are as follows:

Pre-School: 0 to 4 years old
Grade School: 5 to 12 years old
Teens: 13 to 19 years old
Young Adults: 20 to 29 years old

The "Over 30" column has a lower bound (obviously), but I'm not sure where it ends and "Seniors" begins. My hunch is that people self-select into the Seniors category.

For what it's worth, I think Splash Mountain is the most tame of the Magic Kingdom's headliner attractions, and almost certainly the best "mountain" to try first. I took my daughter on it when she was 4.5, and had no problems. You will get wet, however. I suggest a hat or poncho.

Thanks for reading the book.

Sincerely,

Len Testa
lentesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:43 AM   #3
JoeSam
Mouseketeer

Thanks very much for your answer Len. I can't believe that the actual co-author actually answered me!!!! (Are you getting how star-struck I am?!)

The book is fantastic, I shall buy every edition without fail, and I shall have no other gods but you!
JoeSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: