Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2005, 12:29 PM   #91
ljb9539
Mouseketeer

hapopy anniversary

Happy anniversary - and great reports - They are a lot of fun to read as I ramp up for our trip Thrusday... have fun!

Laura
Old 10-17-2005, 01:21 PM   #92
lucky978
Mouseketeer
Looks like there is hope for you now!
Signed, The Tag Fairy!

I'm loving your Live Reports! Can't wait to read the next!

April, 2009 - POFQ
February, 2008 - POR
September, 2006 - 10th Anniv trip to WL
June, 2005 - POR
December, 2004 - Offsite house
April, 2004 - POFQ
October, 2003 and Sept. 1997 - Offsite houses
October, 1984 - Offsite @ Royal Plaza
lucky978 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2005, 01:31 PM   #93
Leota
DIS Veteran

I am just lovin' this thread. You guys make the most adorable couple - Happy Anniversery & many more.
*~* Offsite 1973 ~ Fort Wilderness Cabins 1993,1995,1998 ~Disneyland, Offsite, 1997,1998 ~ All-Star Sports 1999 ~ Beach Club 2000 ~ Wilderness Lodge 2001 ~ Polynesian/Coronado Springs 2001 ~ Dolphin 2001 ~ Swan 2004 ~ Grand Floridian, Happy Haunts 2004 ~ Dolphin/Animal Kingdom Lodge 2005 ~ PO French Quarter 2005 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge / Swan 2005 ~ Swan 2006 ~ Swan 2006 ~ Dolphin 2007 ~Dolphin 2007 ~ Dolphin 2008 ~ Dolphin 2009 ~ Dolphin 2009 ~ Dolphin 2010 ~ Wyndham Lake Buena Vista 2011 ~ Windsor Hills 2011~ Swan 2012 ~ Bonnet Creek 2013 ~ Home from now on! *~*

Making our Florida Dreams Come True
Move In Day: June 10th, 2013.... Finally!!!

Leota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:43 PM   #94
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Cass & Rob!!

Thanks so much for all of your "live reports"!! Your doing a fantastic job and
I can't wait to read more

BTW--You look like such a happy couple.Congrats on your anniversary

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
TooBoyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:50 PM   #95
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Love the live reports and the pics.Hungry now for ice cream for some reason
FELLOW PA"ERS.........YES........... WE ARE.......... PENN STATE!
We are... Penn State!! aw: aw: aw: GO PENN STATE!
pamouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:55 PM   #96
Chrissi242
Mouseketeer

We LOVE "live from" posts. Cant wait to see more pics!!
Old 10-17-2005, 06:23 PM   #97
karen l
DIS Veteran

Happy Anniversary Cass & Rob. Great trip reports - makes me feel like I'm there. Hope you enjoy your special day!
karen l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 07:08 PM   #98
Tinkbell
We called it, "Attack of the Speedos"!
Vrey inetrtesnig!

Happy Anniversary! You guys are just too cute together.
Tinkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:40 PM   #99
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 6

Evening folks,

First of all, I am SO tired, so if I babble or repeat myself or repeat myself, please bare with me, I got a little sun today and it feels like I walked all over the world

First of all, from both of us, thank you so much for all your posts and all your happy thoughts and wishes. It means a lot to us that you are enjoying our reports!

It all began this morning at 6 am when I arose and hopped into the shower for giants. The shower here is HUGE!! Rob went down to the MArketplace and got his morning coffee and chocolate croissant (anyone else here see a pattern?)

We exchanged our anniversary cards (gifts were exchanged prior to this trip, more about that tomorrow when I can think clearly) and we were ready to get going for the day!

We left at 8:40 am and got to Guest Relations at Epcot at 9 am. Checked in for our tour and got our name tags, for some reason they wrote my name as Cathreen???? My full name is Catherine but somehow managed to spell it a way I have never seen before! So Robert and his second wife, Cathreen, follow the guide to the Segway room which is in the same building as Fountainview Bakery and are introduced to our two guides, Laeticia and Lamonte. Lamonte seemed like he wasn't too happy about teaching us newbies, like it was WAY beneath him but he was clear with the instructions and taught us about the basics of a segway.

I must admit that it seemed a little bit intimidating at first (not to Mr Engineer Rob) but after we got on the segway and started to practice, it was easy. We did some basics like going forward, breaking, turning and going up and down a ramp.

We took a short break after an hour and then headed outside for the tour. We rode single file to WS then a little faster when we got to China. We went through several of the countries and in some of them, they gave us a challenge, like going over bridges and around the columns in Italy. Then we got some free time YAHOOOO!!! Okay, by now, I totally got the hang of it and was zooming everywhere!! It was clear that Rob, myself and this one other guy were the "thrill seekers" of our group. Everyone else was just hanging around in the shade or going real slow while the three of us rode like the wind. It looked like Lamonte was going to have a heart attack watching us ride since he thinks we are merely little peons (LOL) and don't know how to drive these things properly. MAN did we have some fun!! Zooming around was the best part of this tour.

Single file for most of the trip back since WS was now open and way too soon this tour was over. This was a great way to start off our day!

Rob was hungry by now and well, it's been 3 hours since his last coffee and chocolate croissant, so of course he needed to get his fix. Stopped at the Fountainview Bakery for a snack for Rob then headed over to Canada (eh!) for lunch at Le Cellier.

At check in Rob was quizzed on the provinces and territories and got a trivia pin thing for getting them all right LOL!!
Rob had the Sirloin Steak after he found out that they serve Alberta beef and I chose the petit filet since Emily, our server recommended it.

OH MY GOD!!! My filet mignon was AMAZING!!! It melted in my mouth!! I haven't had a steak this good in eons! And the potatoes were to die for!!

We had a waitress who was from Calgary also come over and chat with us for a while, which was great!

Emily brought us a free anniversary dessert and she also gave us this cool little Happiest Celebration certificate with anniversary wishes etc on it! It was a great place to eat and we are so glad we did this today finally!

We went on Spaceship Earth and then hopped on the monorail (front car) to the MK.

The parade was about the start to we watched it from the Ice Cream Store. Why did we watch it from the Ice Cream Store you may ask?? Hmmm, you figure that one out yourself!

Did Stitch for the first time..Rob liked it but I miss Alien Encounter! Got FP for Space Mtn but never used it LOL.

Killed time before our 5pm PS for CRT. What a beautiful restaurant this was!!! We were still a little full from lunch but ordered the Prime Rib anyway. I didn't like it but ROb said it was enjoyable. This meal wasn't worth the $70 we paid but we still managed to have a little fun.

Went to Mickey's Philharmagic then to the pirate store to get Rob a sword for our Disney cruise on Saturday. It was really busy in the park so we just wandered around a bit and got a spot for SpectroMagic.

A family got right in front of us and proceeded to step on me, bang me in the face with their backpack and run over me with their stroller all in under 30 minutes!! Everyone just stopped right in front of us 2 mins before the parade started so we could barely see anything but we still enjoyed ourselves.

We walked to the front hub and watched Wishes. Oh but not before we stopped in at Caseys so we could take home some delicious hot dogs!!

Rob took his first ever Disney bus trip and we headed back to the Villas.

The rest of the evening won't be shared with you lovely folks so you can just fill in the blanks.

Coming up tomorrow...

A much needed rest day. Our friends Moose & Jeannine are arriving tomorrow afternoon so we decided to just kick back and relax. They've never been to Disney and never been on a cruise so it should be a fun 10 days together!
Sorry, tomorrow's report might be a tad boring but hey, my feet hurt already ok!!!!! I need a HOT TUB!

Goodnight!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:11 AM   #100
disneyfreakjackie
The only thing better than a Disney trip is a new tag!
I want my tag fairy to be Jon Bon Jovi in a soft white robe . . . or not!!
Pick on Bon Jovi and you'll be living on a prayer

Talking Happy Anniversary!!

Hey scrappin' bud!!! Loving your LIVE report(s)!!! Also the ones from your DH, he's a keeper!!

Can't believe that pic of AK!! I don't think I've ever seen it that crowded!! I can see that the two of you are having a GREAT time!!! Can't wait to see those scrapbook pages after you create them!!

Jackie
6/94~Poly*5/00~DixieLandings*12/00~Sports*12/01~Sports*4/02~Riverside*12/03~Music*8/04~Wilderness Lodge*5/05~Riverside & Caribbean Beach*8/05~Coronado Springs*02/06~French Quarter*8/06~Coronado Springs & DISNEY WONDER*8/07~POP & DISNEY MAGIC-Eastern*8/08~Coronado Springs*5/09~Movies*10/10~7-nights @ Bay Lake Tower! & DISNEY MAGIC-Western Caribbean Halloween Cruise *8/11~9-nights~Bay Lake Tower*5/12~ Boardwalk Villa's~6-nights*~11/12 Grand CALIFORNIAN & DISNEY WONDER-Mexican Riviera*8/13~Animal Kingdom Lodge/Kidani~10-nights

disneyfreakjackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:06 AM   #101
disneyfam
Mouseketeer

Happy Anniversary Rob and Cass!!

I'm soo happy to see you are back in the world. I've had your site bookmarked for sometime now and really enjoy your disney travels. Your site is great and Cass you are soooo talented. Cant wait to see tomorrow's update.

Cynde

Dec 29 Jan 1, 2010
Our trips as a family:
July 10-20, 2010 - Our first trip "home" as new DVC members!
disneyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:31 AM   #102
Reese
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great trip reports. All the pics are great.

Happy Anniversary.
Sept 08 POP Free Dining, Dec 08 Grand gathering at POP,Jan 09 Rolling Hills,March 09 Rolling Hills,May 09 ASMu and Emerald Isle,June 09 Just DH and I,July 09 ASMu Mother/Daughter trip,Sept 09 ASMu Free dining,May 10 ASMo & Star WarsSept 10 ASmo Free dining, Nov 10 Rolling Hills,May 11 Pop, Jan 12 MK and Dreamworks cruise
Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:50 AM   #103
jann1033
Right now I'm an inch of natural and a foot of unnatural
The time has come to break out of my mold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrobe
Hey gang, just Timon's DH again.
Couple added tidbit notes to my wife's report.

3. I highly recommend people to make out custom "Thank you" business cards with info about you, makes it a more personal thank you then on the back of a regular business card. I did it once for a trip but forgot to do it for this trip, same as making Cass more "Cassworld" cards to hand out. You wouldn't believe how many people we talk to about doing Disney while we're here.

4. On a personal note, I hope the rest of you will forgive me for posting some personal thoughts to my DW.
Thank you Cass for planning such a phenomenal trip for us, your hard work and effort is paying off and I'm having a blast with my best friend, soulmate, and wife! I am so looking forward to your plans for tomorrow and it's fun sharing these moments with you.
Happy 7th Anniversary Cass and I'm looking forward to celebrating many more with you in WDW soon!

Robert
confused about 3 not quite getting what they are

but 4 is so (sniff sniff) sweet..happy ann.! and enjoying the reports

The Poetry of Light website

Last edited by jann1033; 10-18-2005 at 08:00 AM.
jann1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:57 AM   #104
nicki dahling
CyndiAKADisneyqueen
I can't wait to have my own scraproom

Hey Cass, great pictures. Can't wait to see them in scrapbook form.

Cyndi

Hey, my family doesn't call me the Disney Queen for Nothin !

WDW July 1998, WDW December 2001, WDW August 2002, WDW December 2004, WDW May 2005, WDW August 2011!
nicki dahling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:03 AM   #105
disgram
DIS Veteran

Smile

Dear Anniversary Couple!! Love your report!!! I hope the rest of your stay is just as wonderful as it has been so far!! Have a wonderful time!!!
disgram is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: