Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2005, 10:01 PM   #61
ksdave
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lives4Disney
TIMON - Just wondering if you (or anyone else on this thread) can answer a question about the King Suite at the Royal Pacific Hotel????

Is the suite on the club floor?? Does the suite include club level service??

Thanks - we have been to WDW over 30 times and never tried Universal. We plan to stay there a couple of nights before our WDW spring break trip. Would this be a good resort choice with 3 kids?? Or should I go with HRH??

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this thread and you pics!!! Keep having fun and keep the pics coming!

Lives4Disney
Here's a little tip: If you plan to stay at a Universal Resort for any longer than one night, buy a Preferred Annual Pass. The savings with this pass are significant when you book your room (Iv'e saved approx. 50% off rack rate every time I've done it), plus you get free parking at the regular garage, 15% at all the restaurants in the parks, and 20% off all merchandise. Even though we live in Kansas, we have had PAP's for four years now. It is well worth the initial investment (you can renew each year for $99!).

Also, check out the room availabilty at Portofino Bay. This is the top-level resort at UO. It is absolutely incredible. Better than GF IMHO.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:08 PM   #62
kilee

The Tag Fairy knows all, sees all.....
Love is in the air!

Thanks for the great updates. Keep 'em coming.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2005, 10:14 PM   #63
Corryn
DIS Veteran
Disney Commando
Why, yes, I'd Love an apple!

C'mon! The pizza and sundae pics had me Droolin"!!!!!!!! More More More!!!!!
Old 10-16-2005, 10:16 PM   #64
annameg
Mouseketeer

Wow, this is wierd. I was looking at your picture thinking, they look familiar. I just walked in the door at home from the Beach Club and I was at Fantasmic the same night as you. I probably saw you somewhere and that's why you looked familiar. We're home, but I hope that you are still having a great trip.
annameg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 11:30 PM   #65
damom2daboyz
Uh...did I do that?
Is in a spin!
...oops, there went my pants
Likes to run amuck

Love the trip reports, keep 'em coming! We don't go back until January so this helps fill in the void.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:41 PM   #66
Timon

DIS Junkie

!

Yes, I totally agree about technology being great! We couldn't even do this last trip since we didn't have a laptop but now nothing is stopping me

The King suite is available on both the concierge and non concierge floors, ours wasn't concierge. I think it's a fabulous resort for both adults and kids but I have not been to the other two Universal resorts.

Actually, doing the trip reports help me too since I always post trip reports when I get home, this way they are partly done already!!

So, I had a rough night. I fell asleep around 11 pm-ish and then was woken up at 12:45 am by loud, rowdy people coming back from HHN. This continued until about 1:30 am then I had to be up at 6 am, so I was thinking about going to Halloween Nights tonight looking like I did this morning at 6 am!! Boy that would scare a lot of people!

I did a quick check up on the post this morning then we high tailed it to BCV.
Checked in rather quicky (yay!) and got to AK at 8:40 am. It was super busy and by the time we got through bag security and ticketing, it was 9:05 and we missed the morning opening with the characters.

Rob was getting the grumpies cus he needs to eat every few hours and time was ticking away so we decided to have breakfast at Rainforest Cafe. We have tried eating at the one at DD for the last THREE trips but it never worked out so this is our first time at RFC. The place was gorgeous and well themed. We waited for about 10 minutes before someone bothered to come to our table. Rob was vibrating by this time but after about two minutes with Brittany, our server, we forgave her since she was so awesome! Rob was so hungry he wanted to order 4 things off the menu. I talked him down to two entrees (breakfast of bandits and paradise platter) that we can share. I haven't been eating much this whole trip and normally don't eat anything until about 1 or 2 pm but I took one look at the scrambled eggs and fell in love. Leave me alone with my eggs okay people! People were staring at me, could be because of the almost x-rated sounds coming out of my mouth perhaps?? Rob fell in love himself, with the fruit plate he ordered. Rob loves fruit more than he loves ice cream, so that gives you a good idea of how much he loves fruit!

The toast was still warm (sigh) and the butter melted onto it! Everything was divine and the great service only made this experience even better! Did I mention I had the best eggs ever????

We left Brittany a very generous tip and then wandered into the busy park. Well, more like rolled on into the park

We did Tough to be a Bug then Fastpassed Dinosaur and did PrimeEvil Whirl What a cool little coaster that is! We went on Dinosaur and then headed on over to FOTLK but there was standing room only, no thanks! So, instead Rob got some ice cream (not saying a word!) and we moseyed on over to Africa. Can one mosey in Africa? we might have looked out of place hmm...

Walked the Pangani Trail then watched FOTLK in the Lion section (paw up...roooooarrrrr~!)

Took tons of photos since this is our only AK day this trip.

It was almost 4pm so we decided to skip the parade and see if our room was ready. We got a great 1 bedroom on the 5th floor (Thanks Terry S!)

We unpacked, charged all those batteries and went down to eat at one of our all time fave Disney restaurants, Beaches and Cream.

We always eat here every trip, sometimes a few times and all but once it was fantabulous!!! We always have the cheeseburgers since they are heavenly!!!!!!!! I had read on the boards that when they run out of their burgers, they use the regular ones from the parks, which explains why sometimes, the burgers are just mediocre. So...we started eating and I was like..ughh...not the burgers we love. Rob's looking at me all weird and says, no they are fantastic. So we go on eating and I am like, well, they're not terrible but not great either. He's thinking, holy cow woman, you're expectations are way too high, these are fabulous! So I finish up with about 1/4 burger left and he eats his then he starts eating mine and his face turns from joy to disgust. He just looks at me like "hmmm, should I tell her???"

Finally he blurts out that his burger was WAY better and mine tasted like a theme park burger! Great! He gets a Beaches and Cream burger and I get a theme park burger!! I just have no luck today! But, alas, I sit back in my chair and think about my eggs. Those beautiful, luscious, amazing eggs...I reflect on my eggs for awhile. At least the Disney Food Gods blessed me with my eggs today...

Can anyone guess what Rob ate next??? Let's all say it together....ICE CREAM. With his cone in hand, we hop on the boat to MGM and check out the wait times to see if we have time to squeeze in my fave, TOT.

The board on Hollywood Blvd says 20 mins...hey not bad, we can do that!

We get to the tower and the wait time posted is 70 MINUTES! Hmm...crap. So we go check the wait time at RNR...30 mins... nope no time, it's 6:30 and Fantasmic starts in one hour. We walk back onto Sunset Blvd and the wait time to TOT now says 40 MINUTES...???? HUH??? OKay, maybe if we go check another ride, when we get back the wait time for TOT will be down to 10 mins!!

We found seats for Fantasmic and waited 1 hour for the show to start. We always love it. We sat in Sebastian, on purpose it's close to the exit and then right before the fireworks finale we walked up to the mezzanine and as soon as Mickey says "Some imagination huh?" we darted out.

Got to the boat and 30 mins later we arrive in Epcot. Got a decent spot on the bridge towards France and watched our fave show! Got some great photos and then walked back to the BCV. We were going to go back to MGM for EMH but we have a ton of dirty laundry so we nixed that plan.

Oh well, if we HAD gone to MGM, there would be no update this evening for you!! So I don;t wanna hear any complaints from the peanut gallery ok???

Hmmm, crap, just realized the time, hot tub closed 31 mins ago

Oh well, gotta get up early tomorrow anyway.

Tomorrow's Adventures...

Our 7th wedding anniversary!!!

Segway Tour at 9:15 am, Lunch at Le Cellier (our first time) and then hopping over to MK for dinner at CRT (also our first time) then conclude the evening with Wishes.

Sweet Dreams folks...

Last edited by Timon; 06-10-2007 at 11:48 PM.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 12:22 AM   #67
Darkrobe
Cloning around in the Galaxy!

Arrow

Hey gang, just Timon's DH again.
Couple added tidbit notes to my wife's report.

1. A very special thank you to Brittany for today's service at Rainforest Cafe, she turned my hypoglycemic grumpies into a smile and got me some coffee and food ASAP which was TOTALLY appreciated. I was up at 6:30AM and didn't have anything to eat until Brittany delivered it to me at 9:30am; which is very bad for me. It was a very busy morning for Cass and I running around.
If you happen to eat at Rainforest and you get Brittany for a server (you can't miss her, she's blonde, happy, and actually has a great sense of humour!) treat her well and she'll look after ya (she's great with the kids btw)! Thanks again Brittany for the phenomenal service and we're actually thinking of trying to make it in for breakfast again so that Cass can have the great eggs again; the fruit was awesome as well!

2. I was thrifty when I bought my shoes, they were on special at the Reebok store, buy 2 get the 3rd pair free.

3. I highly recommend people to make out custom "Thank you" business cards with info about you, makes it a more personal thank you then on the back of a regular business card. I did it once for a trip but forgot to do it for this trip, same as making Cass more "Cassworld" cards to hand out. You wouldn't believe how many people we talk to about doing Disney while we're here.

4. On a personal note, I hope the rest of you will forgive me for posting some personal thoughts to my DW.
Thank you Cass for planning such a phenomenal trip for us, your hard work and effort is paying off and I'm having a blast with my best friend, soulmate, and wife! I am so looking forward to your plans for tomorrow and it's fun sharing these moments with you.
Happy 7th Anniversary Cass and I'm looking forward to celebrating many more with you in WDW soon!

Thanks everyone for supporting my wife, she truly appreciates it and I am thankful for your feedback and encouragement as it shows her just how truly talented and wonderful she is.
TTFN!
Robert

TC-7623 www.tc-7623.ca
Member of the 501st Badlands Garrison: www.badlands.ca
Darkrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 12:24 AM   #68
Michelle2
Disneyland will always and forever hold a special place in my heart
Travel is my obsession
poop!

Quote:
its not hard to be a good sport when you're having fun with your best friend
That is the sweetest thing ever!
Thanks for the report again! Glad you had a great day, 3 parks in one day. cool!!
Old 10-17-2005, 12:37 AM   #69
Michelle2
Disneyland will always and forever hold a special place in my heart
Travel is my obsession
poop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrobe
Hey gang, just Timon's DH again.
Couple added tidbit notes to my wife's report.

On a personal note, I hope the rest of you will forgive me for posting some personal thoughts to my DW.
Thank you Cass for planning such a phenomenal trip for us, your hard work and effort is paying off and I'm having a blast with my best friend, soulmate, and wife! I am so looking forward to your plans for tomorrow and it's fun sharing these moments with you.
Happy 7th Anniversary Cass and I'm looking forward to celebrating many more with you in WDW soon!

Thanks everyone for supporting my wife, she truly appreciates it and I am thankful for your feedback and encouragement as it shows her just how truly talented and wonderful she is.
TTFN!
Robert
Nevermind, THAT is the sweetest thing ever!!! Can you give my DH pointers for me?? hahaha
I am so glad you are posting too Rob, it is great to hear from you as well!! You guys have a great anniversary, and continue having a great trip!!
Old 10-17-2005, 02:09 AM   #70
scrapperjill
DIS Veteran

Cass and Rob .. I'm LOVING your posts and pics. We're getting things order here and have just about everything packed up for our up comming journey. Maybe we'll run into you Thurday of Friday at MK...

Anyway I really wanted to post just to say I'm really enjoying your updates (keep them comming)...and to tell you I think the photo you posted in post #66 of the two at the Rainforest Cafe is great. You guys look like your having a wonderful time...and truly enjoying yourselfs and each other.

We'll if we don't run into you Thursday or Friday at MK...we'll for sure see you Saturday 10/22

OH...and have a WONDERFUL aniversary !!!

Our Disney Cruise album from 9/11/04http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/albu...album_id=29423

scrapperjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 04:27 AM   #71
laurabelle

Survivor
GAGWTA!

Cass & Rob - I'm loving the live trip reports and look forward to reading about your anniversary celebration! Congrats on 7yrs! I think you both picked winners!
Old 10-17-2005, 06:23 AM   #72
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Happy Anniversary!
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 07:27 AM   #73
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

I'm glad you're having so much fun! It looks like an awesome trip. I can't wait to see pictures of you guys on the segways!!! Have a great anniversary- we'll all understand if you're too busy to update us today!

~Be your own inspiration~
Mermaid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:12 AM   #74
MINNIEBOWSER
Mouseketeer

You two are going to make me cry!! You both are soooo sweet!!
I am leaving the 22nd to go there and you are making my last few days go by a little faster.
Thank you!!!!!!

April 1979 - offsite ~ Sept. 1996 OKW ~ Oct. 2000 BWV ~ Dec. 2002 Polynesian ~ Nov. 2003 BCV ~
Nov. 2004 BCV ~ Oct. 2005 Polynesian ~ Nov. 2006 BCV ~ Feb. 2007 CSR ~ Nov. 2008 BCV
~ Jan. 2011 AKV/SSR ~ Feb. 2013 Polynesian
MINNIEBOWSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:12 AM   #75
mickey0216
My kids and my money go to Penn State (and Walt Disney World)

Congrats on your anniversary, and thanks for the great live trip report!

We are... Penn State!!
mickey0216 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: