Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2005, 04:50 PM   #31
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

This is great fun! If you don't mind taking the time during your vacation- please keep the pics and reports coming! I also have to say what a good sport your husband is!

~Be your own inspiration~
Mermaid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 07:59 PM   #32
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update! Looks like you arehaving so much fun. Keep them coming if you don't mind, as this is great fun.
Nancyg56 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2005, 08:02 PM   #33
mickey0216
My kids and my money go to Penn State (and Walt Disney World)

Please continue to update this thread...

We are... Penn State!!
mickey0216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 08:12 PM   #34
alwayspooh
Mouseketeer

Oh please, oh please I want to go. Please keep them coming, I can't wait to see new pictures.

Have a great time!!
2001 - CSR (DD 1st trip)
2003 - PC W/MOM
2004 - CSR
2007 - ASMU (DD #2 first Disney vacation)
2008 - 1 DAY MAGIC KINGDOM FIX

Me DD12 DD7

alwayspooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:24 PM   #35
Timon

DIS Junkie

Thanks for all your great replies & great feedback. I am happy to return the favour by taking 45 mins of my day to report from Disney, I have read so many other great live reports, I remember when we were 227 days aways from this trip! I will keep them coming every day that I can. There are a couple days that we don't get back to the hotel till late so I won't be posting those nights

Okay...here goes...

We walked over to IOA this morning at 8:45am. Got there just after it opened and stopped in at Croissant Moon for breakfast.

We fell in love with the ham & cheese croissant here in 1999 and have gone there every trip so far. I am so very sad to say that it was terrible! They added egg to it and it was gross! The fruit cup was also yucky!

We walked over to Hulk and threw our stuff in a free locker and rode Hulk twice in a row in the back seat. Posted wait time was 20 mins but we walked on both times!

Went over to Spidey, posted wait time was 30 mins, we walked on again! Gotta love FOTL!! Went to Doom, wait time was 20 mins but again we walked on.

Walked on over to Dueling Dragons but the express line wasn't open. Wait time was about 5-10 mins for the middle row of Fire. What a great coaster! We got back in line and waited 15 mins for front row of Ice. We just love "The Wall" I also used my digital camera on the video setting and got video of this! I will be getting video of Fire when we go back in two weeks after our Disney cruise.

Walked over to Jurassic Park and got soaked! I don't remember getting that wet on that ride ever!!!

Walked over to Croissant Moon again to get Rob some much needed apple pie and chocolate croissant, you'd never know it but Rob is hypoglycemic But he has a HUGE sweet tooth!!!

Walked back over to Dudley's and saw the posted wait time was 30 mins so we figured maybe 10 mins for Express right??? WRONG!!! This was the worst express queue! It took us 37 mins with express!! Holy lines Batman!!!

By the time we got off the ride dripping of water, the wait time was 90 minutes!!!

We were going to go over to Universal but my back was too sore. I have a birth defect and get major lower back pain (hmmm I know, I know...I can hear you all now..."hmm Cass, maybe you should perhaps STOP DOING THE COASTERS!!!" But I can't help myself around a great coaster

Soooo...we got Rob an ice cream (I know, I know...you can hear me all the way from IOA trying to pull him away from the ice cream)

We split a hot dog and then walked back to the resort...oh...well...maybe, perhaps I made a slight pit stop at Margaritaville first.

We rested for about 45 mins then we hopped in the car to drive to that great new Walmart on the 535!!!

Okay, so Rob is the shopper of the family (his family will attest to that even as Rob is PROTESTING that fact) and he likes to spend money on nice things, he likes the best of the best. But I grew up differently and I am very..umm...well...thrifty I guess is a word I can use (use your own word if you like) so...Walmart is my kind of store!!! I walked in, saw all the (cheap!) Disney stuff and then proceeded immediately to get a cart

With Rob shaking his head at my big pile of clothes in the cart, we left to go to the Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlet for him. He only likes Reebok shoes and in Calgary when you go into a shoe store, there's only about 2-3 Reeboks and they are always butt-ugly! So everytime we come to Florida he gets new Reeboks. So I popped into the Character Outlet, the Old Navy outlet and the HRC outlet while he picked out his shoes.

By the time I met him at Reebok, he had bought 3 pairs of Reeboks!!! I told ya he was the shopper in the family! I did manage to save $10 with the online coupon I printed out from the Factory website! Nice and handy to know!

We drove back to RPR, but it took awhile. Silly us forgot that Halloween Horror Nights just started at IOA and there were a few vehicles trying to get there.

We made it back and ordered some chicken fingers and watched the rest of the movie we started on the plane. How cool is it to have a DVD player in your room!!! We are spoiled!

Ran down to the hot tub at 8:45 (pool closes at 9) and massaged my back with those heavenly jets

Need to get some zzzz's now as we have an early day tomorrow!

Tune in tomorrow for...

Checking in at the Beach Club Villas..
The mad dash to Animal Kingdom for opening (Ha! Remember I said that tomorrow)
The journey from MGM for Fantasmic to Epcot for Illuminations and back to MGM for EMH all in a single bound (and with back and foot aches!)

goodnight DISers

oh..here's a pic of all the loot we came back with from this evening's shopping excursion:

Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:38 PM   #36
DisneyDame
Mouseketeer

I'm loving your live reports!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post!!!
DisneyDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:57 PM   #37
vfb2girls
DIS Veteran

Love your report, especially about staying at RPH. We are staying there in March and it sounds and looks like a nice hotel. Plus the front of the line pass will be so cool! One question on the room, you said it was a king suite, what was the room size? Is it worth the extra money to spend on a suite or should we just stick to a regular king room?
vfb2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 11:35 PM   #38
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

Your pictures are so great! I especially love the ALEVE in the "loot" picture. Thanks for taking the time to post!
Stacy's a freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 12:23 AM   #39
Dopey'sGirl
Earning My Ears

Hi Cass!!!!!!

It's me Jenn! I finally joined up Dunno if I'm posting right, but I'll figure it out sooner or later lol. Love the pics! I am sooooooo jealous! Have an awesome trip guys! I can't wait to get together when you get back to hear all about it! Say Hi to Rob for me too!

Hugs!
Jenn

Last edited by Dopey'sGirl; 10-19-2005 at 10:23 AM.
Dopey'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 12:27 AM   #40
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

thanks for sharing.
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 12:41 AM   #41
Michelle2
Disneyland will always and forever hold a special place in my heart
Travel is my obsession
poop!

I check every day for your reports, Cass!! I know some of that loot is very justified in preparations for your cruise coming up, yay!!
I want to hear about going from MGM to Epcot and back to MGM again. When we go we will only have 2 days at WDW, and was planning to go from one to the other in as quick of time possible, so I am curious to see how that goes!
Thanks for posting!
Old 10-16-2005, 07:29 AM   #42
Timon

DIS Junkie

vfb2girls,

The King suite is amazing. If you have kids, it would work out great! The standard room is 335 sq ft, the king is 670 sq ft. We booked the king because when I called to book (4 months ago) the King AAA rate was cheaper than the regular room (no more AAA rates were available then). I will be posting tons of pics when I get back hom in November!

Michelle2,

We have done the quick hop from Fantasmic to Illuminations before and made it with 5 minutes to spare (in October) so I am hoping it's the same this trip

Dopey'sGirl,

Jenn!!! Yay! You finally made it to the DIS!!

You won't be sorry! DIS ers are amazing, friendly people who have a wealth of knowledge for all things Disney!! You are going to be a DCL pro by the time your vacation comes around! Oohhh Star Wars Weekends, you will be attending then!! LOL

For all of you DISers out there, Jenn and I met at Web Design school this summer. My first day I wore my Mickey WDW shirt, which she took notice of, the next day I wore my IOA shirt and then on the 3rd or 4th day I wore my Wilderness Lodge shirt, so finally, being the huge WDW fan she is, she asked me about it and from then on we never shut up We both love Disney, scrapbooking, computers and web stuff sooooooo....even though we BOTH are very shy, quiet people who don't really come out of our shell very often, we became really good friends almost immediately! Her kids love Disney, so of course I love them and they were thinking of doing a Disney cruise so of course, I rambled on and on about how great it was

Welcome to the DIS Dopey'sGirl!!!

Sorry...gotta go to BCV now.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:44 AM   #43
Darkrobe
Cloning around in the Galaxy!

Cool

***A quick note from Timon's DH & Soulmate***

Hi Jenn!
Glad to see you made it to the boards
Having a blast and I think Cass' has used the laptop more than me this trip so far
I'm happy to see everyone likes her posts as well, she works very hard on them.
Thanks for the nod as well Mermaid02; its not hard to be a good sport when you're having fun with your best friend
Hmm, Star Wars weekends eh? You know those SW characters everyone sees at MGM are members of the 501st so I just might try to convince Timon to go during May soon so that I can troop a few weekends; then your boys can see their clonetrooper in two different places; just like a good clone should be

For those of you out there that are wondering just what the heck I'm talking about, go see Cass' last website design here:
TC-7623 Robe
TTFN!
Robe aka Darkrobe

TC-7623 www.tc-7623.ca
Member of the 501st Badlands Garrison: www.badlands.ca
Darkrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:46 AM   #44
rob'n
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for your posts! We were supposed to be there right now but had to postpone our trip.

You are making it a bit easier.

Have a magical time.

FRIENDS FAMILY DANCE DIS
**A dream is a wish your heart makes**
**love and dont let go**
rob'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:54 AM   #45
LoriMistress
Donald Duck, you're my hero.

I want to be there right now!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: