Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2001, 12:39 PM   #1
preshi
Proud Sister of A United States Marine
My Mom's side of the family is very Jerry Springeresque
I laugh at anything crude

Exclamation leaving in 20 hours!and I am starting to get scared!

This is my first trip to the world and quite frankly the only time I've gone somewhere alone ( well I went to the movies once alone, but that doesn't count!) I am getting a little bit nervous about the whole thing....there are so many freaks in this world! Plus Ia m sad to leave Dha nd Ds I've never been away from them before..... It'll be ok right? I think I'll only be sad on the plane ride....once I get there I am going to be psyched......anyways......Any other solo women or men ever feel guilty for leaving people behind?

SO (44)
Me (34)
DS (13) Disneyland 09/03, 03/05
DS (8) Disneyland 03/05, 08/11
preshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 01:10 PM   #2
Teejay32
Wanders off too much

Yep. Been there, it's a big first step especially with little ones at home.

You'll love it though! Maybe you'll feel a little guilty at night when you're on the phone checking in with them, and you'll miss them every time you see something that DS or DH would love (like a favorite ride.) But, it's a vacation, all Moms deserve one and Disney seems like a very safe place for a solo person to be. I return home a much more relaxed and happy person, because I've gotten a mental health break and a Disney fix all at once.

Have a great trip!
Teejay32 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2001, 01:13 PM   #3
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Go and have a great time! I've always thought it would be fun to go to WDW alone. But speaking of feeling guilty, DH and I are going back in December without the kids! We went to WDW on a wonderful family vacation this past May, and I hope I don't feel guilty without them!
Anyway, I'll be looking forward to seeing how your trip went when you get back!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig RobbyMushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 03:11 PM   #4
MdmMim

Loves rainy days!!

When I miss my family, I buy presents for them--makes me feel better! My DD's away at college, so I usually ship her package directly to her from one of the resorts. I call them once in awhile, too. Shopping really helps, though! But it does get expensive!

I think once you're at WDW, you'll be OK. Enjoy and savor every minute!
Old 09-09-2001, 04:30 PM   #5
lisakay
Mouseketeer

Cool

Having just done my first solo trip to WDW (8/29 - 8/31), I can understand your uncertain feelings. I had a wonderful time. I met a lot of very nice people and never felt uncomfortable at any time. I took a book along and when I was resting I would read and watch people!! It was a wonderful experience! I'm leaving in 4 days for a trip with my sister and niece and I know I'll love it - I will take another solo trip!!!
Offsite - Feb, March, July 2001
ASMu - August 2001
CS - Sept. 2001
ASMu - Oct. 2001 for MNSSHP
Next trip ??
lisakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 01:49 AM   #6
DParkfan
Earning My Ears

Hope you see this before you go, since it's late here (ds is teething!). Very proud of you to be brave enough to go across country traveling solo. Especially since you've never been there before! You sound like you've done all of your research and are very prepared. Ask questions from staff (airlines, ground transport, resort cm's) if you are ever lost or need any advice. I've driven many times by myself in that area, and been lost many times. Once I got situated I was fine. It's weird being from California and sometimes having to go West but that's an odd concept when you know Disney world is East!! Once I was on property though, everything fell into place and life was gooood! Since the flight is sooo long and the 3 hr time change is on the first day, and getting to the resort, checking in, etc, be prepared to not do too much the 1st day. I'm always amazed at people from the East Coast being able to just go to the parks on the same day they left their house! WDW is so large, you are going to have culture shock (in a good way)! I will never forget how I felt the first time there, how after each day I would be so fulfilled from that day's experiences and then realize the next day was a whole different park!!! Amazing! Enjoy the world, there's nothing like it!
Old 09-10-2001, 12:09 PM   #7
nativetxn
Honorary Brit
Everyone loves nativetxn
1967---"Summer of Love" sigh
Rabid bat attack survivor

DISboards Moderator

I've never done it but I want to Don't be afraid, Preshi. You're going to have a <b>magical</b> trip, I just know it.

Katholyn

Texas Born, Texas Bred and when I die I'll be Texas Dead
nativetxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 05:33 PM   #8
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

It's going to be fine!

I always feel anxious the night be fore and on the way to the plane - but once we take off - I'm there, baby!
Old 09-30-2001, 02:50 PM   #9
Boots
Smiling at you!!!
Spreads cheer through her PMs
I've got some spare ribs
Shoe haters, unite!

I guess you are already on your way! I hope that you have a wonderful vacation. I'll be thinking of you!
Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 12:32 AM   #10
preshi
Proud Sister of A United States Marine
My Mom's side of the family is very Jerry Springeresque
I laugh at anything crude

Thanks guys but I came and went.... been back for 2 weeks now.. See my trip reports on the Trip reports boards!

SO (44)
Me (34)
DS (13) Disneyland 09/03, 03/05
DS (8) Disneyland 03/05, 08/11
preshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: