Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2005, 07:19 PM   #1
Piglet42
Mouseketeer

Free Dining Plan Reviews 9/15-9/20- LONG

Just returned from another fabulous trip. We were able to take advantage of the free dining plan, and will probably purchase the plan in the future. Here is where we ate.

9/15
Earl of Sandwich-Lunch
DH- Hawaiian BBG
Myself- Earlís Club
2 chips, cupcake, and 2 soft drinks
We both enjoyed our sandwiches. The bread was excellent and would recommend this to anyone who is in Downtown Disney and looking for a quick meal.
Total cost- $16.80

50ís Prime Time Cafť-Dinner
Boursin Cheese as an appetizer- Very good
DH- Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans- He enjoyed the meatloaf, does not like green beans so I tried them, however they were kind of hard.
Myself- Pot Roast with mashed potatoes topped with carrots and onions- Pot roast was excellent and basically melted in your mouth. A little salty for me, but still very good.
We will most likely return in the future, however I will probably try the fried chicken- it looked great.
It was too bad we were both stuffed and exhausted (we had been up since 4:00 am) or we would have tried the Smores as dessert. We missed out on that one.
Total cost with tip- $42.72

9/16
Crystal Palace- Breakfast
This was our second time here and was excellent once again. I believe this may become a tradition for us. I love the puffed French toast.
Total cost with tip- $43.72

Beaches & Cream- Dinner
DH- Cheeseburger and Fries, with Milky Way sundae as dessert- he loved the dessert.
Myself- Turkey sandwich and fries with Mud Slid Sundae as dessert- I didnít really care for the turkey sandwich, I think I was just trying to be healthy and save myself for dessert. The sundae was great, but I could not finish it. We will probably only return for dessert in the future.
Total cost with tip- $40.77

9/17
Mama Melrose- Lunch
Caprino as appetizer. This was basically marina sauce mixed with cheese and garlic toast. It was just okay for me, but DH enjoyed it. I preferred the bread and pesto sauce.
DH- 4-cheese flatbread
Myself- Grilled chicken flatbread.
We love the flatbreads here and this will probably be a repeat every visit. We did have to pay for this due to another dinner being at California Grill, but itís worth it to us.
Total cost $37.44

Food Court at Port Orleans Riverside- Dinner
We both had chicken tenders and fries- I think for counter service the chicken tender were pretty good. Also, if you donít want to get dessert right away, the cashier will write on your receipt that they owe you desserts and you can come back anytime before midnight and order dessert. I thought that was a good service, since their desserts mainly consists of ice cream. DH ordered a sundae later that night, and it was huge, I have no idea how he ate it all.
Total cost w/o the dessert- $18.28

9/18

Tusker House at Animal Kingdom- Lunch
We both had the fried chicken sandwich and fries. DH had a cheesecake, and I had the chocolate cake. The chicken sandwich was huge and very filling. Although I would suggest ordered the chicken with fresh vegetables, it looked very good.
Total cost- $26.99

California Grill- Dinner
This review is on another tread.
DH- Corn Bisque soup, Port Tenderloin, and Blueberry Bliss
Myself- California Roll, Beef Filet, and Happiest Celebration on Earth Cake
Food, atmosphere, and service were wonderful. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a special night out. It was our first anniversary, so it made it all the more special.
Total cost with tip- $123.33

9/19

Lotus Blossom Cafť at Epcot
DH- Orange Chicken and rice bowl
Myself- grilled chicken and rice bowl
For something quick this was okay. It was hard to eat this next to our dinner at California Grill. It wasnít bad, however I will probably try something else next time. What I didnít like, was that fortune cookies were considered a dessert.
Total cost was around $17.00

Food court for dinner
DH- Chicken Parmesan with spaghetti
Myself- Beef Taco Salad
Both meals were very good. For the price, both meals were fairly large and filling.
I believe we both came back for ice cream later that evening.
Total cost minus desserts was around $20

9/20
Food Court for breakfast
DH- Pancakes with sausage and bacon with a piece of fruit and chocolate milk
Myself- Mickey waffle with sausage and bacon, a piece of fruit, and soft drink
This was a very good breakfast. As you can tell we enjoy our food court, and itís fast and easy. Both the waffle and pancakes were made to order and were very fresh.
Total cost- $17.73

Oíhana- Dinner
This was our first time, so Iím not familiar with the old menu, but the current menu was great. The food never stopped coming.
Chips and wontons with three dipping sauces
Chicken Wings
Peel and eat shrimp
Salad with a really great dressing
Scalloped potatoes
Fried vegetables
The meats were- sausage, turkey, pork, and steak
DH loved the sausage, I enjoyed the steak.
I will return in the future. We were sat right next to the window facing the castle. Excellent view, itís just too bad it was at 5:40 and not 7:40.
We both also had a non-alcoholic Strawberry Daiquiri.
Total cost with tip- $69.84

Overall- everything was great and amazingly no weight was gained the whole week.

I added our receipts, along with the bottled water and mickey rice krispie treats we got as snack options, and had we purchased the plan, we came out about $20 ahead, and we didn't even take full advantage of it. As I said, we will most likely purchase this in the future, it was convenient not having to carry the cash to every place. All table services included a 15% gratuity, although we always gave a little more, since most of the time we would have tipped around 20%.
Piglet42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:31 PM   #2
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Also, if you donít want to get dessert right away, the cashier will write on your receipt that they owe you desserts and you can come back anytime before midnight and order dessert.
good to know! thanks

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

madge is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2005, 07:59 PM   #3
Piglet42
Mouseketeer

Hello Madge-
I just read some your posts on another thread- I'm from southern Indiana and work in Louisville. I see that you are from Elizabethtown- is that quote "It's a heck of a place to find yourself" is that really your town's motto- or is it just from the upcoming movie? A co-worker of mine and myself basically stalked the crew of "Elizabethtown" just trying to catch of Orlando Bloom. We are starting to count down the days to the movie.
Piglet42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:59 PM   #4
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Thanks for the reviews. We loved POR food court also. Very good food and great people working there too. We didn't even think about doing the dessert later. Wish we would have thought about that.

Glad you had a great time.
abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 09:55 PM   #5
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran

Great reviews, thanks for sharing.
TwingleMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 08:15 AM   #6
kimisabella
I wonder if he/she is coming on the cruise with us
Yes, I am. ;)

I didn't want to approach him as he would have thought I was some sort of weird stalker

Great reviews, sound like you had a wonderful time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: