Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2001, 03:48 AM   #1
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Post As a solo traveller, what do you carry into the park?

I've started carrying a waist pack into WDW parks. I got a lot of ideas from Deb Will's site. ( Click here for a direct link ) .

I bought an Eagle Creek Sidekick waist pack ( Click here for a picture and description ) . It is a full size waist pack with three zippeed compartments and one front, open compartment that is the perfect size for WDW Guidemaps. That was one of the reasons that I bought it.

The following is a list of things that I plan on carrying:

Front Open Pouch
1. WDW Guidemaps (MK, EPCOT, MGM, AK, Downtown Disney, Epcot Resort Area, Water Parks.)
2. WDW Guidebook (Restaurants)

First Zippered Pouch
3. Thin money-clip wallet (cash, WDW resort key card, WDW annual pass, American Express credit card, Disney Card, phone card, driver's license.
4. Priority Seating list (printed on one sheet by customer service).
5. Special tickets (MVMCP, CP, etc.). 6. Copy of Resort Reservation, Annual Pass, Credit Card, etc.).

Second Zippered Compartment
7. Clip-on sunglases.
8. Mini-Flashlight, key-clip-on.
9. Mini-Swiss-knife, key-clip-on (tweezers, tooth pick, scizzors).
10. Coins in special section.
11. Plastic pencil in its holder.
12. Note Pad in its holder.
13. Chewing Gum.

Third Zippered Compartment
14. Disposable, flash camera.
16. Micro-umbrella
17. Disposable poncho for rain.
18. Game-Boy with light.
19. Naprosen.

What kind of waist pack do you carry and what do you carry in the parks.

Ray

RaySharpton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 05:53 AM   #2
MdmMim

Loves rainy days!!

I almost always wear shorts with big cargo pockets. I carry my AP, driver's license, $, credit card, and room key. I like to travel light! If there's a chance I'll need a sweatshirt (for travel in the winter), I'll put it in my Mickey backpack, but that's all I'll carry. :D

(I carry my license for ID in case my AP doesn't work. Also as a solo traveller, if something should happen to me, I want some ID on me! You never know!)
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2001, 09:45 AM   #3
BobBrazeal
The best castle is at the original Magic Kingdom
Jumped into the Hot Seat, and is in Trouble!!
Hey, ladies, he's single!
Pirouetted with Baloo

I'm a light park traveler too. I keep my AP, room key and ID in my wallet. Sometimes that is the only thing that I take to the parks. I do have a waist pack and will take it when I take my camera. Since I don't take it all the time, when I do, I'm not used to it and it seems to always be in my way. Even the small waist pack has to be shifted this way or that when I ride some of the rides like RnR. Unless I have specific thing that I want to take pictures of that day, I don't even take my camera. I'll probably take it a lot on this trip as I'll be meeting so many other DIS'ers and want to have pictures from those get togethers.
BobBrazeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 11:32 AM   #4
nicelady
Earning My Ears

Hi Ray-

I'm a sidekick person, too! I got one for the same reason you did. They're long enough to carry the park maps without mutilating them. I always put it in the front unzippered pocket (like you've suggested) and it works great. You can pull it out and put it up without a hitch. It's great.

What I like about the sidekick is that it's big, but flat. Therefore, the weight that you carry stays close to your body, and not protruding like a pregnant lady. I'm a long distance runner and I can't tolerate even carrying a 22 oz. bottle of water with me because I get low back pain. The sidekick is great because the weight stays right beside you, as opposed to drooping so it doesn't hurt at all.

The other thing I like about it is that when I'm not in the parks (in the real world) I can use it "over the shoulder" kinda purse style (since I don't even own a real ladies purse!) and it doubles as a "purse" when I really need one every once in a while. I've seen guys use them that way, too, so you could get away with it and not look too girly, if that's a concern for you.

Happy packing!
nicelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 12:26 PM   #5
preshi
Proud Sister of A United States Marine
My Mom's side of the family is very Jerry Springeresque
I laugh at anything crude

I have a small boday bag (their terms not mine!!!) In it I have chapstick, a small notebook, (plan on buying a Disney pen), a keychain fan, a disposable camera, a small bottle of water, a thing for my pass, Drivers license, room key, CC etc. gum......that's it

Me (35)
DS (15) Disneyland 09/03, 03/05
DS (10) Disneyland 03/05, 08/11
preshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 02:34 PM   #6
barnum42
Earning My Ears

If I'm bringing the camera then the bag has pockets for pen, notepad and poncho. Sorted!
barnum42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 09:56 AM   #7
Margie J
Please DON'T visit Boston July 26th-29th!
Then the "booms" started....
My eyes got wide as saucers during the drop!

I usually carry two fanny packs. One is for pins and lanyards. The other for my AP, cash, sunglasses, etc. I always have sunscreen with me too.

On some days I also carry a camera case with all my equipment.
Margie J is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: