Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2005, 11:12 AM   #16
barkley
DIS Veteran
If I ever have a garage sale the neighbors will think I have major wine and condiment addictions

not taking into account the flight, the time change, the heat/humidity took on our bodies,

packing too much clothes,

not going to the waterparks more (sooooooooooooo refreshing),

not bring home more bags of mickey pretzles (everyone loves them!).

The REAL Barkley

Wedding Groomsman - 1991
Disneyland - 1992
Maui - 1993

"King of the Closet, Guardian & Protector of Cookies Everywhre"

Does not Cruise due to C.D.P.P.
(Chronic Duck Pirate Phobia)
barkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:29 PM   #17
psiprez
Birthday is December 5th (same as Walt)!!

So, Barkley....why isn't your name "Quackley"? (yeah, ok - that sounds dorky)

aw: aw:
7/14--------- RPR (gave the dark side a whirl and loved it)

NEXT VISIT:
7/15--------- back to Universal!

psiprez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2005, 04:38 PM   #18
Ali and boyz
DIS Veteran

Went with family who........... didn't realise it was going to be hot, didn't realise you had to walk at disney and that you had to drive everywhere and were in their bed by 9 every night snd they sulked the whole time

ruined our holiday totally and it was the first time abroad since DS accident. still really upsets me.

so....................... going ourselves next year

Ali and boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:06 PM   #19
txgirl
DIS Veteran

TOO MANY BAGS ON THE AIRPLANE! I thought my husband was going to pull all his hair out! I had my carry-on/baby bag, my girls each had a bag, dh had his laptop bag, I carried on my toiletry bag because it was packed so "carefully" and I was afraid of it getting thrown and broken , and then I had a HUGE resort bag with powerade, food and mickey krispie treats that we just "had" to buy on the way out the door because we had snack credits to burn and our luggage had been whisked away hours before from Magical Express. OH YEA, did I mention that I thought we should get some swimming in the morning we left so I had another bag with wet clothes in it!!! AND.....I keep forgetting the stuff we had we also had a big daddy umbrella and my wonderful Maclaren stroller.

There- is that enough ???

Seriously we carried on almost as many bags as we checked! Lesson learned
November 2011 - Our first trip to Fort Wilderness!!!

-16 -14 -8 -3 -1
txgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:25 PM   #20
lizziepooh
DIS Veteran

Taking way too many snacks for the parks. The heat made us less hungry and kids wanted Mickey bars instead of what we packed.

Be selective on what you take. The tips on items to take are great, but we had to eliminate some things as it was way too much stuff to haul around.
lizziepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:51 PM   #21
Maryr1
DIS Veteran

Took my DD7 on a surprise trip for her birthday-packed all her stuff, my stuff and DH's stuff-did great until on day 3 we noticed DD's sneakers did not match-not even close-2 different sizes too!!! She never said a word as she was just so happy we did this trip for her!!! I still laugh about it, but now I always double check the shoes!!!
Maryr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:18 PM   #22
jmminarik
Curmudgeon in Training.

We never make mistakes, we just have learning experiences...and we're still learning.

Though, in light of the thread, the biggest learning experience we had was never go with friends who plan around where they want to eat. For us, the restaurants aren't the purpose of our trip and rushing around from one park to another just for dinner or lunch is just silly, especially when we have better restaurants in Philly.

-Joe
TANSTAAFL.
jmminarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:37 PM   #23
TENIA66
Does the tag fairy post things you say or just random things?
Didn't mean to start a debate or offend, sorry
I tried pumping my own arm but remained flat as a flitter

not taking more than one pair of shoes in the parks for the water rides, sandals or thong shoes were needed.

not packing in tylenol or film, very expensive at park

trying to carry around water and snacks you can buy in park

not spending much down time, although I don't think I could stand relaxing spending all that money, i'll relax and rest at home for free!!
TENIA66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:58 PM   #24
mickeysaver
WINNER of the world's worst limerick contest! ;)
I am a LARGE toddler!
No one wants to contemplate their mortality while their broccoli is getting cold

Location: 20 years in the past aka Daytona Beach - It's so weird here!

Yeah, we had a mistake. The last trip was saved for over a period of several months. I found that Disney Dollars were great in that buying them kept me from robbing cash in my savings before the trip. We kept the Disney Dollars in my partner's safe at home. I don't know where she keeps her safe, I don't have a key to it, it's her thing. I am respectful even six years into our relationship about her things being hers. I guess it's the only child in me, but I digress. Gabby is really careful with her money, so I knew that she was going to do better at saving real money and Disney Dollars than I would ever be able to do. So, we packed the car, went over the packing list several times, and chose to head off down the road. Just outside of Valdosta, GA, roughly half way into our road trip, I turn to her and asked playfully, "Did you get the Disney Dollars out of your safe?"

"Holy $#%&!, No!"

It was at that moment that Brad Paisley's song, "Little Moments" quite possibly saved our relationship. I chose to laugh at the situation. We turned around and drove home. Luckily, we were going to be staying with some of her family in FL for a few days prior to WDW, so it didn't do anything other than cost us more in gas. She still will tell you that it's my fault for not reminding her about the over $700 in Disney Dollars in the safe before we left home, but when a woman is as careful about money as she is, it's on her. lol

So, I hope that everyone here that travels with Disney Dollars will make a point to add them to the packing list! Maggie
mickeysaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:42 PM   #25
newtowdw1
DIS Veteran

Our biggest mistake was not listening to the Dis about transportation. Once we started to drive to teh parks, we were all much happier!!
Old 09-20-2005, 09:46 PM   #26
sandiegosusie
DIS Veteran

1. We packed way too much for our vacation. 2. Also we tried to maximize every bit of time we had. We split our vacation one day before the cruise at the Magic Kingdom. After our cruise we spent two more days at the Parks. Big Mistake! Never again...our next cruise will be a family reunion in Nov. 06. Cruising first, then 3-4 days after at the parks.
sandiegosusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:06 PM   #27
scrappinmom
Still Tagless.......

[QUOTE=mickeysaver]
"Holy $#%&!, No!"[/QUOTE

OMG I know it's not polite to laugh...but I almost had diet coke coming thru my nose just now! I'm so glad the 2 of you were able & are now able to laugh about it! wow! That's a journaling page for a scrapbook if I've ever heard one!!!!

scrappinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:14 PM   #28
mickeysaver
WINNER of the world's worst limerick contest! ;)
I am a LARGE toddler!
No one wants to contemplate their mortality while their broccoli is getting cold

Location: 20 years in the past aka Daytona Beach - It's so weird here!

[QUOTE=scrappinmom]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysaver
"Holy $#%&!, No!"
Quote:
OMG I know it's not polite to laugh...but I almost had diet coke coming thru my nose just now! I'm so glad the 2 of you were able & are now able to laugh about it! wow! That's a journaling page for a scrapbook if I've ever heard one!!!!

It's ok, laugh! And yes, while I haven't completed our scrapbook from that trip yet, I have it all down on paper just ready to journal away. lol Maggie
mickeysaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:31 PM   #29
can'twait
DIS Veteran

"Holy $#%&!, No!"

LOL!

I already have my measly Disney Dollars in my backpack, thank you!!!!!!!!

Old 09-21-2005, 01:45 PM   #30
aprild
Mouseketeer
I have a strange fascination with midgets! I have no clue why.

Could someone explain to me what Disney Dollars are?!? i have never heard of this.
aprild is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: